Fresh water selector valve stuck?

marchill

A newby. 2013 38' Bighorn. We are about to go on break in adventure so looking at what we have to do. I can not turn the fresh water selector valve by hand. I don't want to force it and possibly break it. Does the system have to have water pressure before it will turn. Do I need to push it in or out before turning. Help?

marc

MTPockets

Mine was very hard to turn and discovered the Orings on the valve stem were broken and needed replaced. In order to remove the valve stem, you first have to remove a small set screw on the stem threads. you can then remove the threaded collar and pull out the stem to see the Orings. You can replace the Orings or buy a new valve from Anderson or probably Heartland Parts. If you go the Oring route, remember to lubricate the Orings when reassembling. I used vasoline....

Mrsfish

A newby. 2013 38' Bighorn. We are about to go on break in adventure so looking at what we have to do. I can not turn the fresh water selector valve by hand. I don't want to force it and possibly break it. Does the system have to have water pressure before it will turn. Do I need to push it in or out before turning. Help?

marc

there are several of us that had our Anderson valves replace by Anderson for that extremely difficult sticking. You might try calling them

mlpeloquin

Don't force it. Go the open it up rout. Without forcing it, you may still have usable O-rings. If so, lubricate with Vaseline or plumbers grease.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Don't force it. Go the open it up rout. Without forcing it, you may still have usable O-rings. If so, lubricate with Vaseline or plumbers grease.
I'm not saying to force it, I'm just saying it can be pretty hard to turn. There was a guy on here a while back with the same issue and after he gave it a little bit more effort he realized it is just hard to turn.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

marchill

Mine was very hard to turn and discovered the Orings on the valve stem were broken and needed replaced. In order to remove the valve stem, you first have to remove a small set screw on the stem threads. you can then remove the threaded collar and pull out the stem to see the Orings. You can replace the Orings or buy a new valve from Anderson or probably Heartland Parts. If you go the Oring route, remember to lubricate the Orings when reassembling. I used vasoline....

Thanks for all the replies! I'm sure now I'll be able to correct it. marc