Goodyear G614RST Upgrade

I am getting ready to upgrade my tires to the G614RST's. Any advice or guidance as to things I need to keep an eye on?

Thanks in advance,

Val

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi racerxray1,

You'll want to check the stamp on the inside of the rims to make sure they support 110 psi or 3750 lbs.

MCTalley

Once you get them installed (assuming your wheels support 110 psi/3750 lb), I would advise you have the tire shop install full metal stems, balance them and inflate them to 110 psi. We had ours installed at a Goodyear tire store and asked for all three. Because they were a passenger tire store (mainly), their shop regulations only allowed them to inflate anything to 95 psi maximum. They installed "high pressure" valve stems (rubber/metal hybrid that I don't think are rated to 110 psi) and only balanced them after I noticed the tire tech was not balancing them and mentioned it to the person in the front of the store. He went back and had them dismount them from the trailer, roll them all back and balance them.

After we left, I went to put 110 psi in them with the air compressor I had bought at a home improvement store and found out that it wouldn't pump anything up to 110 psi. I ended up having to make a trip to Lowes and purchase a 150 psi compressor.