jbeletti's 2017 F450 Platinum Ultimate

Bones

Depending on what style of tonneau cover used if you have one will give you more options for a aux tank.
Personally I thing that the 38 gallon tank is a little skinny. I prefer more, mine is 60 gallon. You will never get the advertised amount of fuel in the tank and most likely will not use every drop that is in the tank, so a 38 gallon tank will provide maybe 30 gallons of fuel.
Your RAM will have enough capacity to handle the extra weight and you can travel forever with an extra 50 gallons of fuel.
Here is another brand of auxiliary tank that has a few more size options.
But, we all have differing wants and needs. JMO

Peace
Dave

thanks Dave. I have a tool box that is fairly large and deep I would have to prop my current tool box up some to clear the 38 gallon tank. I might be able to go with an L shape and have the higher portion go in towards the bed but I worry about getting too high in cost. The DW doesn't quite understand it that I get real nervous when My gauge has gone below 1/3 of a tank because I know I don't have much fuel left and we always seem to be heading into a headwind. I think 50 gallons would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

I do have a tonneau cover

jbeletti

Thank Jim. Any issues opening the toolbox with the tractable cover? You have enough room?

No issues as the tool/tank combo is designed for use with these roll top covers. So the tool box is not the same depth as the fuel tank. The lid opens fully.