Lights in Landmark Key Largo

ohmz42

Just purchased a Landmark Key Largo model. While trying to learn how everything works I can't figure out why none of the lights work on the batteries. They work fine when plugged into AC power but not on the DC. Does anyone have info to share about this?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
ohmz42, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. There are a few possibilities but the first thing that comes to mind is the battery may be disconnected. I don't know if the newer Landmarks come with a battery quick disconnect but that's the first place to look. There may also me a main fuse near the battery box. It's a row of breakers covered with red protective caps. Feel along the sides of these breakers for a little reset button sticking out.
Hope this help. I'm sure you'll get replies from Landmark owners soon.

jbeletti

ohmz42,

As others have stated, it's likely either:
1. Dead, missing or unhooked batteries or
2. The battery shut-off switch is in the off position

My vote is on #2. There is a large red rotary switch in the battery compartment, above the batteries and all the way to the left. Rotate it to ON or 1.

Leave it there and allow the converter to charge the batteries as they may also be discharged.

Let us know how good we guessed. If we missed it, we'll keep trying until we help you figure this out.

Jim

ohmz42

Yes I had the battery shut-off switch in the ON position. The batteries are new as this is a new unit. I actually took both batteries out and charged them up. However I only hooked up 1 battery when I tried the lights. But that shouldn't have anything to do with it since this is a 12 volt system. Funny thing is that all 3 slides work but no power for lights, awning, etc.

danemayer

If the slides work, it's almost certainly that the lights are out because the tiny circuit breaker to the 12V fuse panel has tripped. As already mentioned, it's near your battery and battery cut-off. Here's photo that Brian Harrison previously uploaded. When on shore power, 12V to the fuse panel goes from the AC system thru the power converter and the battery is not necessary.

circuitbreaker.jpg

jbeletti

The mini-breakers for Landmark are located above the battery and to the right of the battery cut-off switch. Some are manual reset types and others are auto-reset types.

Look underneath (bottom) the breakers for a tiny little push button. Sometimes they look okay but in fact are tripped out. Press it back in and viola! Hopeully :)

From what I recall, the awning in fact does use one of those mini-breakers. Too my knowledge though, the interior lights do not. Rather, they are fused in the DC fuse panel next to the AC breaker panel inside the RV. Remove the DC fuse panel cover and look for any lit red LED lights. A lit light there means an open circuit that is connected to a load. So a blown or removed fuse - the light will be lit.

Can you tell us please, do any interior lights at all work or are they all dead?

Jim

branson4020

Icantre Member
The mini-breakers for Landmark are located above the battery and to the right of the battery cut-off switch. Some are manual reset types and others are auto-reset types.

Look underneath (bottom) the breakers for a tiny little push button. Sometimes they look okay but in fact are tripped out. Press it back in and viola! Hopeully :)

From what I recall, the awning in fact does use one of those mini-breakers. Too my knowledge though, the interior lights do not. Rather, they are fused in the DC fuse panel next to the AC breaker panel inside the RV. Remove the DC fuse panel cover and look for any lit red LED lights. A lit light there means an open circuit that is connected to a load. So a blown or removed fuse - the light will be lit.

Can you tell us please, do any interior lights at all work or are they all dead?

Jim

Jim,

The entire DC fuse panel is fed by a single 50A manual-reset DC breaker. That's the one that is tripped.