New broadcast standard looming on the horizon

Bogie

The TV manufacturers are probably rubbing their hands together and salivating since there last big push for planned obsolescence (3D TV) was such a flop.

Nice that they want to broadcast the next big thing (4K), but from what I know right now, in order to actually be able to see the improvement from 4K you have to view from within 10 feet of the screen. I for one, won't be buying a 4K TV because I'm not moving my chair right in front of the TV. As far as I am concerned, the industry is telling me I have to have something I don't need.

I would have already cut the cord, but DW is not willing to give up the programs she like to watch. I'm going to keep working on her.

sdwelling

Me, too, on cutting the cord! My resistance is my 6 year old as well as DW. All the programming I'm interested in is at the top tier...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

sdwelling

The TV manufacturers are probably rubbing their hands together and salivating since there last big push for planned obsolescence (3D TV) was such a flop.

Nice that they want to broadcast the next big thing (4K), but from what I know right now, in order to actually be able to see the improvement from 4K you have to view from within 10 feet of the screen. I for one, won't be buying a 4K TV because I'm not moving my chair right in front of the TV. As far as I am concerned, the industry is telling me I have to have something I don't need.

I would have already cut the cord, but DW is not willing to give up the programs she like to watch. I'm going to keep working on her.
I often think that a small 4k TV would make an inexpensive computer monitor. Not totally sold, but I've seen positive reviews

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk