Powered Awning

Darynek

It looks like my awning that is attached to the 5th wheel has shifted to the rear of the trailer about 1 1/2" or so. How do I slide the awning towards the front again?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Remove the screws at end of the channel holding the awning to the side of the trailer. Slide the awning in the direction it needs to go, then open and close the Awning a few times to make sure its right. then reinstall the screws.

Lou_and_Bette

Remove the screws at end of the channel holding the awning to the side of the trailer. Slide the awning in the direction it needs to go, then open and close the Awning a few times to make sure its right. then reinstall the screws.

I agree with Jerrod and would add that it helps the process if you open the awing about 6 inches and then pull the roller back close to the rig. That takes some of the tension off the awing which makes it easier to pull. I kept it there using one of those very small bungee cords.

dlw930

I agree with Jerrod and would add that it helps the process if you open the awing about 6 inches and then pull the roller back close to the rig. That takes some of the tension off the awing which makes it easier to pull. I kept it there using one of those very small bungee cords.

I agree. Our awning repeatedly refused to close completely. I tried removing the screw at the left end of the awning (there was no screw on the right end), but wasn't able to slide the awning in the track. I then retracted the awning to within about 6" of the closed position and pulled the roller toward the front of the rig until the lower arm overlapped the vertical track and it closed like it was designed to. It's closed perfectly ever since.

My awning when rolling it out does not stop when fully extended. It continues to roll the awning back up towards the rig. Is this supposed to work like that? Also, when the wind blows the awning is not stable,it just blows back and forth. I see other rigs and there awnings seem to have some stability and they are not tied off. Could I have a bad motor?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My awning when rolling it out does not stop when fully extended. It continues to roll the awning back up towards the rig. Is this supposed to work like that? Also, when the wind blows the awning is not stable,it just blows back and forth. I see other rigs and there awnings seem to have some stability and they are not tied off. Could I have a bad motor?

If you're still holding the switch, the motor will continue to run and it will start to roll the awning back in on the underside of the roller. There is no automatic stop in either direction. If it rolls all the way in and you hold it, you can burn out the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It's normal for your awning to keep going if you keep your finger on the button. There is nothing wrong with your motor.
The older style manual awnings have more bracing and can easily be tied down.
Although it's not recommended, many people tie down their electric awning.
When the wind pops up it's a good idea to roll up your awning.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our electric awning stops when fully extended.

However, I rarely ever put it out all the way as is rubs on the corners of the slide out when fully extended.

ProwlerVegasHOC-P1020420.jpg

avvidclif

Try it John. That looks like the same awning I have and it will go out and then roll back in. Rolling up backwards.

farside291

Mine always shifts on the roller tube mostly because it flaps in the wind. Someone on here gave me the advice that if you spray the awning where it connects to either to track on the side of trailer or at the roller tube with silicone it sure slides a lot easier, sometimes it slides too far and I have to go to the other side and pull it back.