Question on new Companion B&W hitch

Sunset4k

Good morning fellow RVers!! Have a question. We just had a new B&W Companion 20k hitch installed in our 2014 Ford. It's the hitch that fits the factory installed holes in the truck bed. This new hitch plate appears to only move or rock forward and backward. It has no side to side motion, which is unlike our previous hitch which had motion in all direction. Is this normal?? It seems to me that there should be some side to side motion as well as roads are not always level. The previous hitch was a 16k B&W.

scottyb

I have the same hitch and mine does rock side to side, but very stiffly. It appears to be the exact same head as my previous 18K Companion. In fact, I think at least one person here purchased the base only and used the same head.

aRAYwego

I have a completely different hitch(Curt Q24) and had the same concern after changing from the superglide. The superglide moved easily side to side and the Q24 I could hardly budge by hand. Once the trailer was attached I could easily see the head move side to side on uneven roads.

sjs731

My B&W has what looks like a small shock absorber under the head for side to side movement and it takes some work to move it by hand.

Steve and Carrie

HOC# 2252

2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax

B&W Companion Hitch

2012 Sundance 3300CK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunset4k

Thanks everyone!! After reading your comments I went back out and the plate actually does move side to side but it took two of us pushing on it to get it move at all. I'm guessing it is designed to be stiff!!