Solar connector on 2021 22 CRB

I just purchased this camper. I observed a solar connection on the front near the battery. Where do I find info on attaching a panel (type to use for direct connect and size my camper is ready for)?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

taskswap

If you share a photo we can help you more but there are only a few common brands. Most of the "connector" type installs I've seen are Zamp and look like the below photo:

170804_9252_dancarr-blog-1500px.jpg

If that's yours, you can get kits from Zamp directly to add the panels. If not just share more what you have.

I don't recall that label. I am getting my camper in a few hours and I will have it on property this afternoon. My biggest concern is keeping the onboard battery charged at all times without having a cord and charger plugged into it. I'm thinking of adding another battery maybe sometime to have plenty of charge to move the single slide in and out when desired without power from my house.

Thanks much for your input,
Mike

Bogie

Weather you buy Zamp or any other solar panel, be sure it has a charge controller included with the panel, or purchase one separately.

taskswap

Another cheap and effective thing to do is add a battery cutoff switch if you don't already have one (or making sure you use it, if you do). These modern campers have much higher "house load" than you think - standby current on built-in radios, TVs, LCI OneTouch, and so on all added up to 350mA for my coach the last time I measured it.

That's nothing compared to running your furnace for an hour on a camping trip. But stored for 6 months * 30 days / mo * 24 hrs / day that's EASILY enough to totally drain a battery. A cutoff switch is like $10 on Amazon. I'm personally a big fan of solar, but you may find you don't even need that if you don't have any drains...

Good evening all. I have found out more info on what I have with the RV beside my driveway. The system is Furrion. Basically it is a prewired connector to the 12VDC of the rig, after the battery cutoff switch. I just need to get the plug that connects into the recepticle (which I have located on Amazon). I do need a controller with the panels as all this is, is just wiring. That is fine with me, and I will look to do this in the future basically for storage to keep the battery maintained.

Thanks to all who chimed in to help me,
Mike