What model are you?

ClarksLaw

Just purchased a 2015 North Trail, but the owner's manual does not seem to match the RV I have. For example, there should be a fresh water connection and city water connection at the rear. The city water connection is there, but the fresh water connection is on the side up a little from the water heater and there is no way to pour in the solution to clean the potable water tank or the rest of the water system (the water is quite foul). The switch panel is nothing like those pictured nor is the thermostat.

Paperwork says it's 36 feet, but I actually measured it and it's 34 feet.

What did I actually buy? Is it even a 2015? I need to find the model and VIN numbers to know, for sure, what I actually have. I've looked for them, but have been unable to find them.
The owner's manual for the 2007 Mountaineer I had, clearly stated where to find these numbers.

Reading the North Trail's manual again and other documents I'm beginning to be more than a little suspicious it was made in Canada and spent several years there before being purchased by the previous owner who then brought it to Florida a year or two later.

There are other odd things that I have noticed as well, so I want to find out exactly what the story is here. Where can I find those numbers?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There are a couple places you can look.
Look on the outside wall, driver side near the front, look fior a yellow sticker on the door jamb and look on the tongue frame for a stamped number.
Also the fine print of the sales brochure says something to the effect of production changes without notice.
And since you bought a nine year old trailer its history is unknown.

Peace
Dave

NYSUPstater

There's no VIN anywheres you can see? Should be a sticker on LF outside corner, perhaps even stamped into frame or as cookie pointed out above. Do you have the reg for it? If you have the reg or see anything w/ the VIN, then contact HL to see if they can help you.

taskswap

Look on the frame rail right near the tongue/hitch. It should be a few inches away from where the two rails come together into the tongue assembly. It's often not super noticeable because they usually get covered with road grime and rust. It may be either stamped/embossed right into the rail, or a small plate/sticker. If covered with gunk, a heat gun (on LOW) and some goo gone or brake cleaner can be your friend. And it may be unreadable, if it's stamped onto a plate - sunlight makes the digits fade. A DOT officer doing a VIN check on a trailer I had 5-6 years ago showed me a trick where you can shade the area from sunlight with your hand and use a bright flashlight at a very shallow angle to make out the digits.

Where did you get it? If used, and the PO had it registered and/or insured, they have to have a copy of it. If from a dealer, they will.

ClarksLaw

On the RV by the door it says 30RKDD. On the paper work it says 31BHDD. Interestingly, the actual physically measured length of the RV is 34 feet. The dealership paperwork says 36 feet. The DMV registration says 38 ft 8 in. The VIN number from all the paperwork matches. It's raining now, but will look for the stamped VIN number on the RV. Again.
Look on the frame rail right near the tongue/hitch. It should be a few inches away from where the two rails come together into the tongue assembly. It's often not super noticeable because they usually get covered with road grime and rust. It may be either stamped/embossed right into the rail, or a small plate/sticker. If covered with gunk, a heat gun (on LOW) and some goo gone or brake cleaner can be your friend. And it may be unreadable, if it's stamped onto a plate - sunlight makes the digits fade. A DOT officer doing a VIN check on a trailer I had 5-6 years ago showed me a trick where you can shade the area from sunlight with your hand and use a bright flashlight at a very shallow angle to make out the digits.

Where did you get it? If used, and the PO had it registered and/or insured, they have to have a copy of it. If from a dealer, they will.
Finally, got it. It is the same as in the paperwork. Wasn't on the frame, though. It was on an old faded sticker. Thanks for all your help. Very much appreciate it.