Bristol bound

timdebs

Leaving Wednesday 6:00 a.m. for Bristol Motor Speedway. We are camping right across street from track at Race Day Campgound. Planning on going to modified race and truck race Wednesday night. Thursday we will be taking middle son to Appalachian State dropping off and heading back to Bristol. If anyone is planning on going to races this weekend you are more than welcome to come by and have food and drink:):D. Let me know and I will give you our site number. Then on Sunday heading back to the coast.

timdebs

Thanks Gus, I am sure we will. I pull for Gordon but DW pulls for Johnson. I will make sure we post pictures of "De L.E. May" at the races.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We are already up at Bristol. We have been camping for years at 186 campground on Thompson Bridge road less than a quarter mile from track. We have power and h20 hookups. A Big Horn is coming up tomorrow camping beside us. Come on by for some steaks and grilled corn.

timdebs

Nabo we will definitely have to get up with you. I am not sure where 186 CG is but sure we can find it. Hopefully we will be there tomorrow between 2 and 4. My cell phone is 252-675-8357 (Tim). Steaks, grilled corn, how some grilled fresh string beans...just like campbell's soup...ummm, ummm good!

Nabo

Tim - Had to run back to Knoxville today (Tues.) but should be at the campgrounds about 3 Wednesday. Best way to get in contact with us is by Byrd's cell (865) 776-1060. If I remember correctly, RaceDay CG is on top of the hill just above us. Hope to catch up with ya'll sometime this weekend. GO DODGE RACING!!!

boatdoc

You folks have fun!!! The DW and I plus another couple flew in from the West Coast last year and had a blast. Anyone that has some kind of interest in Nascar has to go to the Bristol night race. The best there is and we've seen a bunch of tracks!!!
We still talk about it!!! The track, the people, the area around the track, the rolling hills, just an amazing place. We stayed at a private residence and they catered to us like we were kings and queens. You Southern folk are the freindliest there are!!
Again, Have a Blast. Go Mark Martin ol' guys rule

If Alan Gus would have just put in a little fuel we wouldn't be in the hole we're in now!!!!!!!

Nabo

Timdebs - not sure if this is your Landmark or not but this LM was camping just above us at Bristol. One the way home from the races, passed a Elk Ridge getting onto I-81 from I-26, another Landmark at the rest area on I-81 and one more Landmark on I-40 near mm 417. Great to see so many HL on the road.
Byrd

Attachments

• DSCN1261.jpg
    DSCN1261.jpg
    749 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN1262.jpg
    DSCN1262.jpg
    797.4 KB · Views: 27

Jim/rsvl/AR

You folks have fun!!! The DW and I plus another couple flew in from the West Coast last year and had a blast. Anyone that has some kind of interest in Nascar has to go to the Bristol night race. The best there is and we've seen a bunch of tracks!!!
We still talk about it!!! The track, the people, the area around the track, the rolling hills, just an amazing place. We stayed at a private residence and they catered to us like we were kings and queens. You Southern folk are the freindliest there are!!
Again, Have a Blast. Go Mark Martin ol' guys rule

If Alan Gus would have just put in a little fuel we wouldn't be in the hole we're in now!!!!!!!

Mark Martin has a nice museum and it is free at Batesville, Arkansas. It is located at his dealership and is new. For more information look at his web site at www.markmartinfordmercury.com
Just purchased a new 2010 Ford superduty F250 from them.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Bristol

Ya'll have a blast, ya hear! Been there many times. Our son played in the Minor league for 3 years with the St. Louis Cardinals and his team was based in Johnson City, TN, his rookie year, just down the road from Bristol. Beautiful track, great area, and gorgeous scenery. Happy Trails!