Water everywhere

bowtieboy

We have a 2008 Sundance 2900mk.Today before leaving campground I was Flushing out black tank when water appeared to becoming out from toilet area.(yes valve was open).After getting home we took everything out to dry.I stared to unscrew back way underneath to expose plumbing.We hooked up water line to flushout ,and turned on water,and water started to run out from line next to toilet drain from above around toilet.I disconnected water and hooked up an air line to see if I could hear leak,and it appears to be in wall behind toilet.Why would the flushout line be up in wall behind toilet,and how can I get to it???I hate to take back to dealer,for 1 the warranty is out,and secondly wasn't thrilled with last repair job they did under warranty.Any suggestions would be appreciatted.
Dave & Tina
Pa

jimtoo

HI Dave and Tina,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and helpful hints.

I did move your post to a better location for reply's about your problem.

Your water problem sounds like the back flow preventer that is installed at a point higher in the wall. It is supposed to prevent any back flow of water in the waste tank back into the city or park water system. I see from floor plans that your entry door is just behind your commode. I think you will find that if you remove the fire extinguisher holder you will be able to see the lines going up into the wall at that point. At least that is where it is on my BH3055. I do know that they have moved it on some of the newer models to behind the shower controls. But this is an easy place to check first.

I feel sure someone with more information will jump in and maybe give more information.

Jim M

caissiel

Thanks I was looking behind the fire extinghisher of my 3500RL and was wondering why that blue line was running up there for. Makes sence now would it act like a antisyphon and trap. That line is open in the compartment, should there be a cap

Bobby A

Sounds like a check value to me, I had the same thing happen to me last week on my B/H, mine was a little easier to get to though. Its a black square like piece. Did you notice a kinda different sound when flushing your black tank ?? I could tell mine was going bad because I could hear a different sound when using the sani-flush system. See my thread on Big Horn Plumbing a few days back. Jim B took some photos of the check value to show me what to look for.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The reason the anti siphon valve is up there. It's an R.V.I.A. code that the valve has to be higher than the highes fitting in the rig. The valve has the same type of connections as the other fixtures in the rig. Maybe it's just loose and you can tighten them up and be done with it. Good Luck.