PDA

View Full Version : Centreville -Bull Run Regional Park

tmcran
03-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Any pros or cons on this park? --North VA.

boatto5er
03-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Any pros or cons on this park? --North VA.

Amazingly enough - we live close by, but have never been there. Have heard a lot of good things about it though. Good for short stays, don't think there are any sewer hookups. Don't know if you plan to use it as a base for visiting DC, but you would have to drive into DC, or to the closest Metro station and finding a parking space at the Metro lots would be VERY difficult. The commuters get them early. Cherry Hill Campground in College Park, MD is more expensive, but they have a bus stop with a direct line to the Metro right in the campground. PM or email me for more info if you need it.

tmcran
03-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks-what I wanted to know. We have stayed at Cherry Hill and liked it very much. Thinking more a base for a few days for possible trip into DC and also run up to Gettysburg. Also considering Luray Rv Park as base. Thanks again.

boatto5er
03-11-2010, 10:11 PM
If you wind up staying in the area, drop me a line. I'd love to meet you somewhere to discuss our Sundances and other Heartland stuff! When are you planning on coming up this way?

tmcran
03-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Sounds good. Would very much like to visit. We have not set dates yet but looking around April 26 th-May 4th. Will Email as we get dates firmed up.

03-12-2010, 05:05 AM
I have been there once. it is a nice park. It is really big. The campground has a recently renovated area with water/sewer/50 amp/pull thru sites. Most of the other sites are water/electric. The main thing I remember is the park has a shooting range that opens around 7:00 AM. You'll hear (faint) gun shots every morning.

John

mlburst1
03-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Another possibility in Northern VA is Greenville Farms Campground in Haymarket, VA just off of I-66 - http://www.woodalls.com/a/01550_greenvillefarm.html

Not a resort - it's on an actual working farm but very convenient to DC.

Mike

tmcran
03-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the follow up and suggestions. It's always good to get feed back from the local folks or ones that have been there and done that.

tmcran
03-21-2010, 05:22 PM
If you wind up staying in the area, drop me a line. I'd love to meet you somewhere to discuss our Sundances and other Heartland stuff! When are you planning on coming up this way?

Gus,did you get my email ?-not sure I did that correctly.

boatto5er
03-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Hi Tom - sent you mail. Been slow this weekend. New granddaughter arrived Friday. Been busier than a one-armed paper hanger.

tmcran
03-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Hi Tom - sent you mail. Been slow this weekend. New granddaughter arrived Friday. Been busier than a one-armed paper hanger.

Congrats on the granddaughter. WOW!!
We baby set with our twin grandsons and granddaughter this week end.

Freckles
03-21-2010, 06:52 PM
We stayed at Bull Run many years back on the 4th of July and found it to be very nice and Quiet. Even though it was a holiday weekend it was only 25 % full . We found that day use was very popular .We took in DC and used the Metro System got on in Vienna . We found the Metro was the way to travel. Here is a link to Bull Run Park http://www.nvrpa.org/parks/bullrun/index.php