Loose nuts on suspension

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
I installed my JT Strongarms on the weekend and they went on as advertised. Fairly involved but straightforward installation ( They work as advertized by the way). As I was under my coach I decided to get the torque wrench out and check my suspension bolts. 7 out of 16 were loose. I asked my dealer if they had checked them with a torque wrench and he said they were tight. I will be talking to them this week. Wheel nuts were all torqued to 120 lbs but the tire pressure was 63 lbs in all 4 tires. I have 16" Mission tires on my Bighorn 3055 and it says 80 lbs on the side of the tire so I pumped them up to 80 lbs cold pressure. Is that OK ??? The Elephant pads with their extra size work great and look kind of neet too. Had the water and power hooked up all weekend and everything seems to be tight and leak free and working fine. Next weekend it's wash and wax time as I ran out of steam yesterday so back to work for a rest today.;)

RollingHome

Rick, Since reading this forum about loose U-Bolts, I've actually made checking the torque of the U-bolts (65 ft/pds) and lug nuts (120 ft/pd ) part of my pre-trip to do check list. I have an on-going list and as I learn what other forum members do I evaluate and add a new item. The U-bolts, lug nuts and air (80 PSI) are at the top of the list. By the way, while I'm under there checking the U-bolts, I will be looking at the springs to make sure the looked bowed up and not flat. I also will be looking at the back side of my tires for damage etc.

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
Tom
I will be doing the same. Better safe than sorry for the time it takes to do the check.

Rick

circusbear

I did our wash/ repack bearings/ detail this weekend. After looking at all the posts about loose u-bolts, I checked ours. Sure enough the front axle had 5 of the 8 nuts loose. I got about 1/2 a turn out of most and about 1 1/2 out of one before they were torqued. This is a great bunch here with real great advise and tips.