Slide Water Leak and Tire Balancing

jdfishing

The carpet in front of the large slide on my 2007 Bighorn 3055RL gets wet after driving on wet pavement. I visually checked under the slide and all looks well. Could the rubber weather strip between the bottom of the slide and the frame be leaking even though it appeears fine? I suspect tire spray is the source of the leak. Ref. tire balancing, I recently had new tires installed due to a blowout, but the dealer was unable to balance then as his equipment couldn't accommodate the aluminum wheels. Is it worth the effort to take the 5vr to another dealer for balancing? I don't notice and vibration, but I'm not riding in the thing at 60mph either.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might want to check if there is a rubber block in the corner of the coach where the slide come in to meet the side. It is a triangular looking block of heavy foam with a rounded side. You should see one on each of two corners on the coach. They are there to prevent water intrusion.
As far as balancing goes, I would, and have, had my tires balanced. You may not feel any vibration, but I'll bet your trailer does.

Peace
Dave