Broken Rear Ladder

bobowill

I have a 2010 3055 Bighorn. When I exited a gas station, the bottom of my rear ladder hit the ground breaking it off just below the 1 step. The 1st step is now just half way supported by the ladder tubing. I though about removing the step and re-attaching it above the 1st set of supports that attach the ladder to the RV. Does anyone have a better fix?

Thanks

lhetsler

Depends on how handy and what tools you have. I would get some conduit tubing and rebuild the bottom of the ladder. There is both thin wall and thick wall conduit, not sure which would be best, have to check sizes. You could use a size larger and overlap the existing conduit. How you fasten it would depend on how it looks now and what you have left. Rivets would look best and should be strong enough if you overlap the old with the new about three inches and use steel rivets, not aluminum. I have a lot of tools including tubing benders, so it really depends what you feel you can do, but I think I could make it look pretty good.

bobowill

Thanks for the responses. I have a $500 deductable so I would probably end up paying for the whole think. I think I will just move the step up and put some type of cap on the broken off tube.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>