Sewer smell

felt1

Okay fellow Heartland owners. I have a 2010 Sundance 3000RK. The dealer just
replaced the foot pedal assembly on the toilet. The next time we used the camper there
was a sewer smell in the bathroom vanity, and also in the front storage compaetment. The
smell made it's way into the bedroom after a couple of days. I could not find any visible
leaks in the storage compartment. Looking for advice!!!

jimtoo

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. Even though you have been a member for a while, you have not been active. So, jump in and get active.

You need to check around the base of the toilet and also in the basement area for a leak. The dealer may not have gotten the seal in place correctly and it could be leaking into the basement.

Let us know what you find and I'm sure others will have ideas also.

Jim M

lwmcguir

Check the vent and be sure it is open. Should be. The solar vents work well if you need to go that far.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you have an odor in your vanity, check the Studdor valve, (air admittance valve). This is a valve that allows air to enter the vent when in use to allow smooth flow of water or waste. Make certain it is working and not stuck in the open position. It is spring activated.
If in need of replacement, they can be found in the plumbing department of stores like Lowe's or Home Depot.
There may be a valve under your kitchen and or bathroom sink.

Peace
Dave

felt1

I checked the valve under the sink and it was okay. I took the inspection panels out from my storage area and found no water
leak or any other visible problem. I then looked at the vent pipe that comes out of the black tank and it does not seem to be attached
to the roof vent. There are 2 vent pipes that run up to the roof vent. One pipe feels solid and the black tank vent pipe feels like it is not
attached at the roof vent. I called the Dealer and they took it in yesterday. I will let you all know when I get the final verdict.

THANKS TOM