Black tank 'burp'

silverfox

I just emptied my black yesterday when it burped. This is what I always do. However, it is still burping. Any ideas on why?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I do the same as you Steve, but the burping stops as soon as I empty the tank.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
something is still blocking the vent...that's what causes the "burping" when the tank is full. Try filling it up and flushing it several times to dislodge the blockage...

SmokeyBare

And after flushing several times, if it's still a problem...

Remove the black water vent cover, slide the hose down the pipe a short ways and turn on the water. The flow & weight of water inside the vent pipe should clear any blockage.

2010augusta

Had the same issue too, I got this:

2c2baa75-36ad-479a-b477-2cce9013331a_300.jpg

and put it in the down pipe from the toilet and power flushed the "drop zone" area.

Also had to put about 6' of an old hose down the toilet to break up a pile of TP that was forming, seems we might not have been flushing the toilet with enough water each time.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
And after flushing several times, if it's still a problem...

Remove the black water vent cover, slide the hose down the pipe a short ways and turn on the water. The flow & weight of water inside the vent pipe should clear any blockage.

This is a good tip and usually works quite well but do be cautious! I have heard stories of people doing this and having it flood the interior because of poor joints in the vent pipe. I know in my other rig the vent pipe was sectioned with a coupler in the middle of the bathroom wall! It actually came apart as I discovered when searching for some suspicious odors in the trailer! Had I ran a hose down the pipe, I would have had a major leak into the wall!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I had the same thing happen. I found that a large amount of TP had clogged the down pipe as Alan. Used the same thing to open up the line. Then you want to flush the Black tank very good to make sure this will break up and wash out.

BC