Black tank flush available for Edge?

SuzieQute

Hi, my name is SuzieCute. I'm a newbie to this forum...and a blonde, so please be gentle! ;) My hubby and I are in the process of selecting our first RV and can't wait to get started. We love the looks, both inside and out, of the Edge. Kudos to Heartland on the Euro-design features included in these units!

Question: I've seen no mention of the option for a black tank flush for the Edge. Is this a possibility? Seems this would be a very desirable option!

jimtoo

Hi SuzieCute,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I don't know if the black tank flush is already on the Edge or not. But some of the other owners will jump in and let us know for sure. I am moving this post out of ATF for now...I think most are at show someplace and we cannot expect any factory answer till Mon or Tue.

If the flush is not on the Edge, a dealer should be able to or maybe your hubby could install one... they make kits for it.

Enjoy the forum and hopefully you become part of out family.

Jim M

SuzieQute

Hi Jim, and thank you for your welcome and quick reply. I'll be patient about waiting for a factory answer; in the meantime, I'm enjoying reading the forum threads. A lot to learn!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
the Edge does not have a built in black tank flush. You can 'backwash" the tank by using an adapter that can be purchased at the dealer. You can also flush out the tank by
1. Putting a garden hose (not the drinking hose) in the toilet and flowing water in from the toilet.
2. With the city water attached flush the toilet a number of times putting fresh water in the toilet to flush it out.
3. Put a bag of ice into the toilet when before driving. As you drive the ice will agitate in the toilet helping to clean it out. When you get to your destination you can empty the tank.
4. Buy an adapter to flush the tank from the drain hole.

Hope this helps. BTW if you do not keep the black tank clean you will allow the solids to dry in it and then have a real problem trying to get it clean.