LCD Temperature Tolerance

5erWonk

I do believe this has been asked before regarding cold but I have not seen anything definative as to the safe temperature range for the LCD's going into the new Bighorns.

What is the maximum and minimum temperatures the supplied LCD can withstand? I live in the San Joaquin Valley of CA and we experience lows of 20F but can reach 115F air temp outside which can probably be 120F+ inside an RV in the storeage lot during the summer.

Only 14 days and counting!!!!

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I have a Toshiba LCD and the specs in the manual states the Operating Tempature 32F to 95F, 20% to 80% Humidity. if operating below 32F the brightness will be up to par until until the unit warms up. The same holds true for the operator (Me). The manual does not state any storage temperature range or precautions.

Scott

Thanks for answering that so quickly - you beat me. The only thing I would add would be to go to Oleavia's web site for spec info that you can't find in the owner's manual.
ST

phranc

We keep the Samsung LCD, TV(bedroom) in the RV all winter and it fires right up each spring without fail. So do various clocks and other LCD devices.
no problems

BluegrassMan

5ver:
I have never had any problem with any LCD watch on my arm in sub zero temps. Of course I realize that it's on MY arm @ 98.6. I have an LCD on my bike in a steel building with NO heat, riding down the road in low temps, NO problem. This is MY only exposure to LCD's and cold temps.