How many valves should there be?

We are looking at a 2011 Elkridge 29RKSA. The dealer says that there two grey water tanks as does the brochure. There is only only pull valve for the grey water in the connection centre. Is something missing or is this a defect?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
LastoftheBohicans, welcome to the forum. This is a great place for information.
I looked at Heartlands web site and they list 1-40 gallon grey tank and 1-40 gallon black tank.
Does the UDC have a handle for "waste water"? If there is only one handle in the UDC, take a look on the outside of the rig. There should be only two handles.

Peace
Dave

This is part of the confusion. The weights and standards page for the Elkridge says that there are 2 40 gallon grey tanks, but the Standards and options says that there is only a single 40 gallon grey.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'd be really surprised that there would be only a single 40 gallon tank serving both the rear kitchen and the lavatory. Highly unlikely that they could get the plumbing to flow to it. My guess is that there is another valve, probably somewhere near the kitchen to dump the Gray #2 tank. Trying to run a valve cable from the UDC to the rear would also be a nightmare, and putting the valve near the UDC would have the piping full of liquid from the tank to the valve, which I don't think is permissible.

If all else fails, call Heartland tomorrow with your VIN and ask them how that rig is plumbed and valved.