Mighty mites! (or "How to kill the bugs without really trying")

TxCowboy

The outrageous Texas temps (107 here today) and the extended drought have caused the little "no see 'ems" to invade our RV. Not too many but enough to notice.

Was wondering how our fellow RVers deal with pests invading their space. Should I hire a professional exterminator to treat the RV and the area around our site?

Beloved wife says "bomb" the place but I've never used them and haven't heard good news from those who have.

Any suggestions?

hoefler

You can purchase some good insecticides at Walmart, Lowe's, etc.. and apply it your self. I would soak anything that touches the ground, tires inside and out, landing gear, stabilizers, sewer hose, electrical line, etc.. Then bomb the inside.

traveler44

If they aren't small enough to get through your window screens you can spray around your outside door with deep woods OFF and that might keep them out. It worked for us when the mosquitos got bad in Florida. Our son sprayed the outside of the door and everything within 6' of it including the slideout wall on the outside next to the door. Tom M.