PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, New Site - 10/6/2011 to 10/9/2011

hogan
06-29-2011, 05:11 PM
CR 3550, New Site, MS 38859

Venue:
------------------------------

Piney Grove COE Campground
CR 3550
New Site, MS 38859
No Reservation Required 662-728-1134
L (http://www.recreation.gov/camping/map_of_Piney_Grove_Ms/r/campgroundMap.do?page=map&search=site&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71356&topTabIndex=CampingSpot)ink to venue (http://www.recreation.gov/camping/map_of_Piney_Grove_Ms/r/campgroundMap.do?page=map&search=site&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71356&topTabIndex=CampingSpot)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $0
WiFi available: No

Details:

Number of sites held: Adquate Sites Available
Site fee: $18 or $20 (water-front) or $9 or $10 (water-front) with Senior Access per night.
Club Member Event fee: -0-
Non-Club Member fee: $20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 10/7/2011
Potluck time: 6:00pm

Rally Attendees:

Wayne and Anita Cooper, Scottsboro, AL
Michael and Kelly Barnett, Montgomery, Al
Jim and Nancy Beletti, Crossville, TN
Jerry and Lily Worth, Montgomery, Al
Denny and Ann Olvany, Carriere, Ms
Lou and Bette Dick, Ocean Springs, Ms
Bobby and Peggy Sheedy, Weir, Ms
Bob and Barbara Mansolino, Hartselle, Al
Terral and Penny May, Webb, Al
Terry and Ann Adkins, Tupelo, Ms
Hogan and Donna Cooper, Tupelo, Ms

Event Leader: hoganc(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=9095)

Additional Info:
Piney Grove is a Corp campground located in Northeast Mississippi on Bay Springs lake. The reservation system will not be active for our Rally, but plenty of sites will be available; you pick your site on arrival. All of these sites have both 30 and 50 amp service, water hook-ups, picnic tables, grills, and fire rings. No sewer hook-ups but dump stations with easy access are within the park on exit route.

Sites 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, and 137 are located in a small circle around the Gazebo. Sites 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, and 88 are very near the inner circle as are sites 125, 127, 129, 138, and 139. There will be plenty of sites for our group. Again, we will not be able to reserve these sites so each of us will have to choose our site as we arrive at the campground. I will arrive on Sunday, October 2nd and will be available to help with site selection and check-in.
Campground will be operating on Honor System- You will find your site then fill out information on an envelope, put your CASH or CHECK into envelope and deposit in box at Gatehouse. No Plastic accepted.

Getting There:
Piney Grove (MS)
CR 3550 BOX 244
New Site MS 38859

GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
34.56889, -88.32722

A word of caution. I have heard many stories about using a GPS to find Piney Grove. The GPS will tell you to turn off onto a county road that cannot be accessed from the Natchez Trace.
If you are driving northeast from Tupelo on the Trace, take the first right after you cross over the TennTom waterway, then turn left on CR 1, John Rankin Highway, proceed to Highway 4, turn left, cross back over the waterway then turn right on CR 3501 proceeding north for 5 miles, turning right onto CR 3550 which will end at campground.
If you are driving southwest on the Trace, take the exit right before the Waterway, CR-1, John Rankin Highway, then turn left on CR 1, John Rankin Highway, proceed to Highway 4, turn left, cross over the waterway then turn right on CR 3501 proceeding north for 5 miles, turning right onto CR 3550 which will end at campground.

If you have any questions, contact me by email hogancooper@att.net

Note that the map on this page shows the campground at the mailbox for the campground. The campground is about two miles further down CR 3550.

hogan
07-11-2011, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE= down the road we can be a part of another AL/MS rally. Rally Ho and Rally On!![/QUOTE]

Heh, thanks for the kind words. We would relish having you come down for a Rally with the Southerners. I found out too late about the other Rallies scheduled at the same time, but we were trying to accommodate those members who were committing to coming if we could find a suitable date, which we did. But we will count on seeing you down the road when we get together again. We will try to set up our next Rally for next spring.

The campground has a Passport rate of $ per night but not usable on Sat. and Sun. so I thought if we could promise them a good number of people for a week stay they might compromise and give us a good break. Worth a try.

Rally Ho!!!
Hogan Cooper

hogan
07-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Hello AlaMissibamasippi Folks,
I have added a participant listing to page #1 of this thread showing everyone that has committed to our Chapter Rally in October. If you know of other Heartland Product owners or friends that would like to Rally with us, let's get them signed up; the more the merrier. We have had two new memberships join our Chapter in the last few weeks and both will be at the Rally. If I have left anyone's name off the list that has committed to coming to Rally, let me know quickly.
Hogan

hogan
07-29-2011, 01:49 PM
I have just added Bob and Barbara Mansolino to our list of participants for the Chapter Rally in October. Bob and Barbara our Big Country owners and live in Hartselle, Alabama. Getting bigger and better all the time.

Hogan

hogan
08-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Larry and Judy Haines from Walls, Ms. have been added to the Attendees list for the October Chapter Rally. Several of you met them at the Goshen National Rally.

goldenbetty
08-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Hey, all. Just found the info on the rally in Philadelphia in October. I'm going to discuss this with my DH and let you know if we can make it. Sure would be great to make our first rally.

bobbyc
08-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Wanda and I look forward to attending the chapter rally. This will be our first but hopefully not our last.

hogan
08-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Woo Hoo!!!! Great to hear that you and Wanda will be doing your first rally at the Inaugural Chapter Rally for Mississippi and Alabama. I plan to visit the campground in the next couple of weeks and try to negotiate a better rate for our Rally folks. So, I would advise waiting until after I return and email everyone before making your reservation.
If you look at the #1 post which shows the information about the Rally, you will see your names have been added to the Attendee list. Look forward to seeing you real soon and if you have any questions, email me. I will be emailing everyone with information soon.

Hogan Cooper
hogancooper@att.net

jbeletti
08-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Hogan,

Nancy and I are trying to make it to the very first MS chapter rally!

We will let you know if we can make it.

Jim

hogan
08-16-2011, 07:31 AM
Jim,

We would be honored to have you and Nancy join us for the Mississippi/Alabama Inaugural Rally. I will start searching immediately for a camel; The Tupelo Buffalo Ranch has one; not sure it's for loan. Look forward to hearing the affirmative from you. Should I post your name to the list pending your decision?

Hogan

jbeletti
08-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Hogan,

Nancy says thanks for the camel offer but she's not fully checked out on it so she's gonna pass :)

Jim

hogan
08-29-2011, 11:13 PM
New Site is "New Site"
The Venue for the October 6th-9th Chapter Rally for Mississippi and Alabama has been changed from Philadelphia, Ms. to Piney Grove COE campground at New Site, Ms. Please refer back to Post #1 to see the details for the Rally Location.
The campground will not be using the reservation assembly after Sept. 11th, so site selection will be up to you upon arrival at the campground. After selecting your site, you will fill out the information required on provided envelopes and put your payment (must be either cash or check-no debit or credit cards) into the envelope depositing it into the provided lockbox at the gatehouse. I will arrive on Sunday, October 2nd and will be available to assist with the check-in procedures.
Tupelo Mississippi is a short drive down the Natchez Trace parkway from the campground. The link below gives information on things to see and do in Tupelo.

http://www.tupelo.net/

hogan
08-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Rally Weather-
With this long hot summer in the south, it is hard to believe that in a few short weeks, we might need a jacket. Looked at historical temps for the first week of October and was surprised to see that nighttime temperatures last year dropped into the mid to high 30's at New Site with daytime highs in the low 70's. Historical averages show daytime high of 77 and low of 51. So be prepared.

Reminder: The October 6-9 Rally will be held at Piney Grove campground near New Site, Ms. rather than Philadelphia, Ms. Go to Post #1 of this thread for details. The Attendee list is being reposted as I get confirmations from those who will be attending.

hogan
08-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Will I have a campsite? See Post #1 for Rally Details
Some of you, especially if you are driving long distances to the Rally, may be concerned that we will not have site reservations for our Rally at Piney Grove campground near New Site, Mississippi. Although Piney Grove uses reservations with ReserveAmerica during the summer season, shortly after Labor Day, they start operating as a 1st-come, 1st serve campground using the honor system for payment. (Cash(correct) or checks only; no debit or credit cards). Historically, the campground population drops dramatically after Labor Day and during October the park is 90 percent empty. We should have no problem having enough sites available in the area near the Gazebo. If you look at the lower end (south loop) of the map on the link below, you will notice a small circle of 8 campsites in the middle of that peninsula. Those are next to the Gazebo we will be using. Just outside that circle are 30 campsites that are within a stone throw of the small circle.
There are another 20 sites in that loop that are a little farther away should we need them. We will have plenty of sites available for our group and we will be close together. The campground does close the gate at the entrance at 10pm so keep that in mind.

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/map_of_Piney_Grove_Ms/r/campgroundMap.do?camparea=284815366&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71356

hogan
08-31-2011, 07:32 AM
Want to see this rare collector's automobile. Click on the picture to see a larger image. Better check out Post #1 on this thread to get directions.

hogan
08-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Hunka Hunka; what city? 15611

jmgratz
08-31-2011, 12:49 PM
Hunka Hunka; what city? 15611

Tupelo, Miss

Lou_and_Bette
08-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Hogan, we have been out of town for the last week and I haven't had a chance to check the site until today, we were just on the other side of AL near Lookout Mtn, and see the change. Do we need to reconfirm we will be attending our first Heartland/RV rally ever - I did not see our names on the list anymore

Lou

hogan
08-31-2011, 03:52 PM
Lou, great to hear from you and that you will be coming to Piney Grove campground in Northeast Mississippi. You will see that your names have been posted to the Attendees list. I am reposting the list as each person confirms that they will be there. You will also find a couple of emails that I sent you regarding the location change. Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks at the Inaugural Ms/Al Heartland Chapter Rally. If you will tell me your route to the Tupelo area, I will give you details on the best route to Piney Grove or anything else you need. email me at hogancooper@att.net

hogan
08-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Tupelo, Miss

You are so right, Jim. Those decorative guitars are displayed all around Tupelo to show our connection to music and especially Elvis Presley.

hogan
09-01-2011, 11:46 AM
See Post #1 for Info - click on pic

There going to be a "Whole lot a Shakin" and a Hunka Hunka lot of fun coming up soon............

GETnBYE
09-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Fishing license for out of state:
http://home.mdwfp.com/License/info.aspx?id=12

hogan
09-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Bobby and Peggy Sheedy added to the Attendee list for October 6-9 Ms/Al Chapter Rally at Piney Grove campground located in the suburbs of New Site, Ms.

hogan
09-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Just over three weeks to Rally Time at Piney Grove campground at New Site. Have just added Bob and Barbara Mansolino from Huntsville, Al to the Attendees list. We have been at the campground for the past week and everything looking good. The Memphis based Airstream Owners had about 10 rigs in the area where we will be located and the area seems absolutely ideal.

GETnBYE
09-13-2011, 10:25 AM
It's a good thing the rally is not the weekend of the Alabama /Ole Miss Game, the potluck might have turned into a food fight, LOL.
Glad to see the list getting longer, we are excited.
Hogan, We appreciate all your work on checking everything out for us. Let us know what we can bring to help out.
Can you check on the fire ring and firewood rules about out of state wood? Some states don't let you bring out of state wood and I love a big ole bon fire.

Nita

hogan
09-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Fire rings at each campsite. No burn ban. bring your wood. Do you have a basketball and or volleyball? Playpad right next to our camping circle. If I think of anything else I will let you know. Do you know yet what day you will be arriving? Donna and I plan to go up on Sunday, Oct. 2nd for the week. Hogan

hogan
09-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Here is our Tee Shirt. Click on the Tee Shirt to enlarge the image.

2psnapod1
09-13-2011, 04:03 PM
I can hardly wait to meet some more Heartland owners! Getting really excited! Let us know if you need any help, Hogan!

GETnBYE
09-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Fire rings at each campsite. No burn ban. bring your wood. Do you have a basketball and or volleyball? Playpad right next to our camping circle. If I think of anything else I will let you know. Do you know yet what day you will be arriving? Donna and I plan to go up on Sunday, Oct. 2nd for the week. Hogan

Sorry, don't have a basketball or volleyball either one.
Not sure what day we will be there, Wayne is not sure yet. I will let you know, we will be there early, just not sure how early.
T-shirts look great!!

jbeletti
09-14-2011, 06:22 AM
I can hardly wait to meet some more Heartland owners! Getting really excited! Let us know if you need any help, Hogan!

We too are looking forward to the first MS rally!

hogan
09-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Reminder: Get you Tee Shirt orders in to me by next Monday, 9/19, so I can get the order turned in. Specify S, M, L, XL @ $5 or $6.50 for XXL. You can pay at Rally.

jbeletti
09-16-2011, 06:04 AM
Hogan,

We'll take an XL and a 2XL. Thanks!

Jim

hogan
09-17-2011, 06:00 AM
Reminder
Reminder: Get you Tee Shirt orders in to me by next Tuesday, 9/20, so I can get the order turned in. Specify S, M, L, XL @ $5 or $6.50 for XXL. You can pay at Rally.
Email today or post to this thread.

hogan
09-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Need some information for Rally Activities.

Does anyone have a washer game or bean bag game that they carry in their rig?
Does anyone have a Bocce Ball set?
Who will be bringing bikes?
Who will be bringing a kayak or canoe?
Any motorcycle riders?
Fishermen?

Please share any other thoughts and suggestions with me and others.

Rally countdown has begun.

2psnapod1
09-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Hi Hogan! We have bocce balls and will be bringing them with us. See you soon!

hogan
09-21-2011, 06:26 AM
15 days to Rally Time at Piney Grove campground.

Most of you will be traveling at least some part of the Natchez Trace Parkway on your trip to the Rally. The Trace is a national park in the form of a beautiful highway through the natural countryside of Mississippi and Tennessee. Click on the link below to explore the possibilities.

http://www.scenictrace.com/ (http://www.scenictrace.com/)

GETnBYE
09-21-2011, 12:50 PM
We will probably bring our bikes and fishing sounds great.

Lou_and_Bette
09-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Hogan, we have a Harley but I was leaning towards not bring it since this is our "1st rodeo" in the RV world and didn't know what sort of group activities were planned or if any one else would have their ride there. I will check up in the attic tonight when I get home and see if I still have an old volleyball and net we used to have but have moved multiple times since I last saw it.

hogan
09-22-2011, 07:17 AM
Lou, bring the Volleyball if you find it; no need for the net as there is a net there. I don't know of other's bringing motors. Hogan

hogan
09-22-2011, 11:06 AM
This just in--------The Memphis Flea Market will be in Tupelo at the Tupelo Furniture Market on the Saturday, 10/8 of the Oct. 6-9th Rally. One of the largest travelling Flea Markets around.
14 Days to Go

Lou_and_Bette
09-22-2011, 01:01 PM
This just in--------The Memphis Flea Market will be in Tupelo at the Tupelo Furniture Market on the Saturday, 10/8 of the Oct. 6-9th Rally. One of the largest travelling Flea Markets around.
14 Days to Go

Oh well, there you go...can't bring the motor since I will need the space in the garage when Bette sees this since I probably won't be able to keep it a secret from her. :D

hogan
09-23-2011, 10:02 AM
14 Days to GoLou, I will not mention it again.

Lou_and_Bette
09-23-2011, 10:20 AM
14 Days to Go

Great! Thanks Hogan, I'm glad no one else is mentioning this event again:eek:

2psnapod2
09-23-2011, 02:35 PM
14 Days to Go

You mean this event! My wife has already seen it. It is tooooooo laaatttteeee! ;?

hogan
09-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Just 11 days until the Oct. 6th-9th Ms/Al Heartland Owners Rally at Piney Grove campground near New Site, Mississippi. As of today, diesel prices in Tupelo are 3.57 at the Savings station on North Gloster and 3.59 at most of the Chevron and Shell stations. I will update the diesel prices as we get closer to travel days. Who is arriving early? And on what days? Donna and I plan to be at campground on Sunday, Oct. 2nd and will be on the lookout for everyone.
And please try to keep that Flea Market story quiet.
Hogan Cooper

hogan
09-26-2011, 06:33 AM
Terral and Penny May from Webb, Alabama have signed on for the Oct. 6-9 Rally at Piney Grove campground. Just 10 days until Rally Time. Here's the attendees list. If you are coming to the Rally and don't see your name on this list, email me at hogancooper@att.net so I can post your name.

Rally Attendees:

Wayne and Anita Cooper, Scottsboro, AL
Michael and Kelly Barnett, Montgomery, Al
Jim and Nancy Beletti, Crossville, TN
Jerry and Lily Worth, Montgomery, Al
Denny and Ann Olvany, Carriere, Ms
Lou and Bette Dick, Ocean Springs, Ms
Bobby and Peggy Sheedy, Weir, Ms
Bob and Barbara Mansolino, Hartselle, Al
Terral and Penny May, Webb, Al
Hogan and Donna Cooper, Tupelo, Ms

hogan
09-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Who is he? His mom worked in a laundry. She would not buy him the gun he wanted for his birthday.

2psnapod1
09-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Elvis Aaron Presley!!

hogan
09-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Good Job Kelly!
ATTN: Do any of you Heartlanders have recipes for convection oven cooking that you have had good success with? You might want to bring them along to share with others at the Rally. And if it is for a really great dessert, I would be happy to perform taste testing. I'm sure we could find some others to help with that.

Hogan

hogan
09-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Information on the Pot Luck Dinner!!!

Pot Luck is on Friday evening at 6pm
My wife Donna suggested that with cooler weather predicted (not cold, just cooler) hot soups would make a good main course for the Pot Luck. She will have a Mexican Soup (Cream Tacos) and a Potato Cheese Soup. So, that provides many options for your pot luck dishes. Just about anything will go with soup; vegetables, salads, relishes, desserts.

GETnBYE
09-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Anita & Wayne will bring:
Thursday nite: Deer summer sausage, dip & crackers.
Friday PotLuck : a tray of small sandwiches and Brownies
Saturday dinner: Salad & Ranch & 1000 Island dressings.

Information on the Pot Luck Dinner!!!

My wife Donna suggested that with cooler weather predicted (not cold, just cooler) hot soups would make a good main course for the Pot Luck. She will have a Mexican Soup (Cream Tacos) and a Potato Cheese Soup. So, that provides many options for your pot luck dishes. Just about anything will go with soup; vegetables, salads, relishes, desserts.

hogan
09-27-2011, 06:48 AM
News Flash-
Johnny Bishop Rv's in Columbus, Ms. is our sponsoring dealer. They are helping provide our Saturday Steak Supper. If you get a chance to visit them on your way to or from the Rally, you will find them on Highway 45 just north of Columbus. In addition to selling lots of Heartland products, they have a well stocked RV supply store and offer full service for your rig. Oh, and don't forget to bring your steak knives for the Saturday night meal.

2psnapod1
09-27-2011, 07:16 AM
Anita & Wayne will bring:
Thursday nite: Deer summer sausage, dip & crackers.
Friday PotLuck : a tray of small sandwiches and Brownies
Saturday dinner: Salad & Ranch & 1000 Island dressings.

Michael & Kelly Will bring:

Friday Potluck - Crackers & Banana Pudding

hogan
09-27-2011, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE=hoganc;200785]News Flash-
Johnny Bishop Rv's in Columbus, Ms. is our sponsoring dealer. They are helping provide our Saturday Steak Supper. If you get a chance to visit them on your way to or from the Rally, you will find them on Highway 45 just north of Columbus. In addition to selling lots of Heartland products, they have a well stocked RV supply store and offer full service for your rig. Oh, and don't forget to bring your steak knives for the Saturday night meal.

For Saturday Night's Meal- You will not need to bring a dish for Saturday night; We will have steak, chicken if you prefer, scalloped potatoes, salad, and desserts. Some of you may be enlisted for cooking support;

Anita Cooper had a great idea in posting what she's bringing for Pot Luck. As others post, I will put them together and update so everyone can see what is coming or needed. For example, word has it that someone makes great Grilled Garlic Bread.
Started a new thread under Mississippi Chapter titled Pot Luck at Piney.

jbeletti
09-27-2011, 07:52 AM
Hogan,

That's great news about Johnny Bishops RV. Some dealers get it, some do not. Sounds like a dealer that does and one that deserves our support. See you in MS soon!

Jim

Lou_and_Bette
09-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Hogan, no luck on finding the volleyball, sorry. For the Pot luck we are bringing a home made Pimento cheese spread (not to be confused with the stuff for sandwiches) and crackers and also a Banana Pudding (never can have too much of this good eats) that's a little different. We will be arriving on 6 Oct, hopefully early afternoon or as soon as we can driving from the gulf coast but plan on leaving at O'dark thirty. P.S. Michael, don't let Kelly spill the beans about the event we are not mentioning:eek:

hogan
09-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Great to hear about that Nanner Pudding. No problem on the Volleyball. I will get one. Will be looking for you and Bette on Thursday.

GETnBYE
09-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Great to hear about that Nanner Pudding. No problem on the Volleyball. I will get one. Will be looking for you and Bette on Thursday.

Hogan, I am sitting here wondering..........who is going to jump around bopping a volley ball around????????
I need to add to my list of things we are bringing.........2 CHAIRS!! Ha

hogan
09-27-2011, 09:49 AM
You make it sound like the Annual Alabama vs. Mississippi Volleyball Tourney will be a walkover for Mississippi. The chairs may be a good idea for your team. No broken bones please.

GETnBYE
09-27-2011, 11:40 AM
I know you did not just issue a challenge!!!!
Trivial pursuit and charades is about as active as I can do. Alabama has Brain power!!!!!!!

You make it sound like the Annual Alabama vs. Mississippi Volleyball Tourney will be a walkover for Mississippi. The chairs may be a good idea for your team. No broken bones please.

hogan
09-28-2011, 07:12 AM
It might be construed as a challenge; but I was not sure if you wanted to play in chairs or use the chairs for watching. Youth is on your side. And you brag that Bama's got the brains. Now that sounded like a challenge.
Just 8 days to go till the Rally at the Grove. Don't forget your tennies.

GETnBYE
09-28-2011, 08:32 AM
You might need to start us out with some "get in shape" exercises, try to find some that can be done from our chairs if possible.

2psnapod2
09-28-2011, 08:42 AM
You might need to start us out with some "get in shape" exercises, try to find some that can be done from our chairs if possible.

This sounds good to us also. No volleyball, the booche balls have been carried but not used in a few years. So chair games are good for us also. Stuff like campfire watching and kelly does a good game of smores making.

Lou_and_Bette
09-28-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm more inclined to doing arm curls at 12 ounces per rep

Lou

GETnBYE
09-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Lou, Wayne is a champ in that event! I guess I will have to be the referee.

hogan
09-28-2011, 05:03 PM
My Podnaw is going to be disappointed if we don't get to have the Volleyball Tourney. He already looks a little pale.

hogan
09-28-2011, 07:48 PM
For those of you who will be traveling US-45 on your way to Piney Grove- There is a just opened by-pass about 5 miles south of Booneville, Ms. that connects HW-45 to State HW-30 east of Booneville. You can reach Piney Grove by turning south off HW-30 at Burton onto County Road 3501, then south about 3 miles to left turn onto CR 3500 which leads to the campground.

Anita Cooper had a great idea in posting what she's bringing for Pot Luck. As others post, I will put them together and update so everyone can see what is coming or needed. For example, word has it that someone makes great Grilled Garlic Bread. There is
a new thread under Mississippi Chapter titled Pot Luck at Piney.

GETnBYE
09-28-2011, 08:31 PM
I found the thread and figured I would put a link to it here------->>>>>>>>//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/26906-Pot-Luck-at-the-Piney-October-7-2011

For those of you who will be traveling US-45 on your way to Piney Grove- There is a just opened by-pass about 5 miles south of Booneville, Ms. that connects HW-45 to State HW-30 east of Booneville. You can reach Piney Grove by turning south off HW-30 at Burton onto County Road 3501, then south about 3 miles to left turn onto CR 3500 which leads to the campground.

Anita Cooper had a great idea in posting what she's bringing for Pot Luck. As others post, I will put them together and update so everyone can see what is coming or needed. For example, word has it that someone makes great Grilled Garlic Bread. There is

hogan
09-30-2011, 08:21 AM
New Site Weather Forecast for next week: Absolutely gorgeous!!! Cool nights; just right for a campfire. Warm days; pleasant but warm enough for a swim. No Rain; knock on wood. Sunshine- Mississippi Style.

hogan
09-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Terry and Ann Adkins from Tupelo, Ms. have called in and plan to be with us at the Rally next week.

New Site Weather Forecast for next week: Absolutely gorgeous!!! Cool nights; just right for a campfire. Warm days; pleasant but warm enough for a swim. No Rain; knock on wood. Sunshine- Mississippi Style.

GETnBYE
10-01-2011, 05:31 PM
It does not get much better than this------>>>>> http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USMS0261

GETnBYE
10-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Just wanted to jump ahead a bit and say a big "THANK YOU", to Hogan and Donna Cooper! I know you two are and have been working so hard to make this the best first Alamissibamasippi Rally that has ever been.
We can't wait to see you both again.
Hope you can both relax and enjoy the rally!
Wayne is giving in to coming in early..........woot!
Nita

hogan
10-03-2011, 04:36 PM
First on site. Who will be next?

jbeletti
10-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Hi Hogan,

We just arrived in Memphis. Gonna look for Elvis tomorrow, then push to New Site on Wednesday afternoon.

See you then!

Jim

2psnapod2
10-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Jim, you might as well head on over to New Site in the morning, Elvis has left the building! :) See you in a few days.

jbeletti
10-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Jim, you might as well head on over to New Site in the morning, Elvis has left the building! :) See you in a few days.

Maybe he's in the town he was born in. We may stop for a visit in Tupelo on the way to New Site tomorrow :)

Jim

jbeletti
10-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Hogan,

Is the satellite image below, accurate for the location of the campground area?

Here's a map link too (http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Tupelo,+MS&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&ll=34.532298,-88.341408&spn=0.226265,0.380745&sll=34.427485,-88.51811&sspn=0.4531,0.76149&geocode=Fce6CgIdZn62-imhX94pLkyHiDFPnT37QMzx5w%3BFTN9DwIdoTu8-g&vpsrc=6&mra=prev&t=m&z=12). It shows I can take a slightly different route out of Tupelo, going left on 4271 and not crossing the waterway. Not sure if it's good though. Maybe that's the county road that cannot be accessed from the Trace??

Jim

Jim

2psnapod2
10-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Maybe he's in the town he was born in. We may stop for a visit in Tupelo on the way to New Site tomorrow :)

Jim

Memphis was our honeymoon trip some 26 years ago. Really enjoyed it. We did the Tupelo stop some time last year and it was a fun stop also. Have a safe trip.

hogan
10-05-2011, 07:06 AM
Yes, image is right, but cr4271 is the road not accessible from Trace. If you are coming to Tupelo on 78, I would take HW 45 north to Hw 30 E bypass; about 5 miles south of Booneville. East then for 17 miles to Burton; rt. Turn on 3501. 2.5 miles then left onto campground rd. Follow it to gatehouse. Call me when you turn at Burton and will meet you at Gatehouse for escort.

Lou_and_Bette
10-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Hey all, hope to be well on the way tomorrow at this time...sending this from from the poor slob still working at his desk

Lou

hogan
10-05-2011, 07:35 AM
Come on up Lou. We are ready for you.

hogan
10-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Elvis is on Sat. Agenda.

jbeletti
10-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Elvis is on Sat. Agenda.

Hogan,

Okay - we'll skip Tupelo today and head into town on Saturday.

Here's my new route (link (http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Graceland,+Elvis+Presley+Boulevard,+Mem phis,+TN&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&ll=34.912962,-89.266663&spn=0.873872,2.046204&sll=34.563404,-88.531952&sspn=0.226181,0.380745&geocode=FVLJFgIdA0-i-iERyyMM__FI_Q%3BFTN9DwIdoTu8-g&vpsrc=6&mra=ls&t=m&z=10)):
Click image for larger view

jbeletti
10-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Belettis will bring Garlic Bread to the potluck :)

Lou_and_Bette
10-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Come on up Lou. We are ready for you.

Not as ready as I am to be out of here and there with you...2.5 more hours to end of day Hoo Aaah!

Lou

jbeletti
10-05-2011, 11:34 PM
We arrived about mid-afternoon today. Hogan met us at the campground ranger station and guided us to camp and into our site.

What a great campground. I believe this is my first COE campground in 8 years of RVing and a couple hundred campgrounds. We have paved, near level pads, huge fine-graveled yard/picnic/grilling spaces under a great canopy of trees.

Visited with a lot of Heartlanders already here and had a nice campfire at Hogan and Donna's tonight.

Jim

jbeletti
10-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Having a nice time at the MS rally. Had a meet and greet with appetizers last night, followed by a campfire.

This morning, we had a Safety Officer from MDOT stop by to speak to us about road safety and the law etc.

This evening we had a potluck. Yum!

I think there was a campfire tonight too but we had 2psnapod (Michael and Kelly) over for a nice visit.

Heading to Tupelo tomorrow :)

Jim

2psnapod2
10-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Just wanted to let Donna and Hogan know that the 2ps had a wonderful time tonight! We even stayed over at Jim Bs way too long but that was a really nice time getting to know Jim and Nancy. Looking forward to having fun tomorrow with all our fellow Heartlander's here at Piney Grove Campground.

hogan
10-08-2011, 08:39 AM
What a great bunch of folks at the Ms/Al Rally. And we are blessed with wonderful weather. Thank you to everyone who came to the Rally. Great Potluck last night and Johnny Bishop RV's in Columbus is sponsoring our Steak Dinner tonight. Let the good times roll.

jbeletti
10-09-2011, 10:28 PM
We bid farewell to a few more Heartlanders today. Yet, 7 rigs remain! Terry Adkins held a great devotional for the group this morning. Thank you Terry and Ann!Hogan took several attendees out for sail boat rides while the rest of us played games and relaxed :) Tonight we had the after the rally, rally potluck. Lots of GREAT leftovers. Then we sat around the campfire telling stories and listening to music. Wayne and Nita roasted peanuts over the campfire. Really nice time. Nancy and I plan to follow Michael (2psnapod2) and Kelly (2psnapod1) to Montgomery tomorrow for an overnight stay on our way to the FL/GA rally in Brunswick, GA. Thanks again Hogan and Donna for putting on a great rally. Thanks too to Wayne and Nita Cooper (getnbye) for your help. I know Hogan and Donna really appreciate you guys. All chapter leaders need great wingmen :) Jim

jbeletti
10-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Group picture from the Alamissibamassippi rally.16294

GETnBYE
10-10-2011, 06:41 PM
We got home today a bit before 2 and by 2:45 Wayne was headed to the woods to sit in a tree and wait for a deer to walk by. How boring??

Anyway, as for the first AlaMissiBamaSippi Rally.........it was just wonderful. Wayne and I had such a great time and met some terrific people and revisited with some that we had met at other rallies, it was so much fun and we had such a good time.
Thanks to all who came and made this rally fantastic, and so much fun.
Thank you to Hogan and Donna, you both worked so hard and did such a good job on this rally. I can not imagine how tired you both must be, hope you get some well deserved rest. I can not wait until April in Gulf Shores, ALABAMA......yea!!
Can't wait to see everyone again.

hogan
10-10-2011, 06:53 PM
I know the photographer did a great job of getting every smiling somebody in the picture; Looks like the picture uploader cropped a couple of folks off the right side. I bet Jim B can fix this, so I am leaving it as is for now.

What a great time we had at the Ms/Al Rally. Donna and I agreed today that we were not ready for it to end and see everyone pulling out for home and other places. Just makes us look forward so much to the next Rally down in Gulf Shores, Al at the Gulf State Park.

Big Plus for our Chapter as we had two couples join Heartland Owner's Club and our chapter during the Rally. Terral and Penny May from Webb, Alabama are members #2022 and Bob and Barb Mansolino from Hartselle, Alabama are members #2023. That gave us a 100% Heartland Owner's Rally. Everyone should welcome them to HOC and to our Ms/Al chapter. Bobemuzzy and Terral I believe are there user names on the Forum

Everyone at the Rally did their parts to make the Inaugural Rally one we will not forget. Lots of recipes to add to the "Recipe List" on the forum; great campfires (thanks Terry), our Chapter Photographer captured many smiles, a special Thank You to Terry and Ann Adkins for conducting the Devotional on Sunday morning. And to Jim and Nancy Beletti, it was great to have you come to our first ever Rally. We hope you will be able to join us again down on the Gulf Coast in April. And bring your Tennessee neighbors with you.

hogan
10-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Here is the Rally Photo. Click on it to enlarge it. What a handsome group? Thanks Nita for the great photos.

Lou_and_Bette
10-11-2011, 09:24 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful welcome to us newbies and to Hogan, Donna, Wayne, and Anita for all their hard work in ensuring all the rest of us had a great time. Bette and I were sad to leave Sunday morning but had some much to do when we got back since we are preparing for full time and the yard sale is next Saturday...(Bette sold my bed yesterday so I'm sleeping on an air mattress for now) everything is going. A special thanks to Terry Adkins for sharing alot of his "experience" to help us first timers. We are working hard to make sure we can make the Gulf Shores rally so we can see all of you again. A side note to Jerry who was trying to help resolve a trailer brake issue I had on leaving...no actual problem when we arrived back at the home parking space found that apparently my big foot had hit one of the brake controler's adjustment wheels so all is working fine now...thanks for trying to help me but no cure for studid!

Lou and Bette

hogan
10-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Greetings Heartlanders of Mississippi and Alabama; We miss y'all already.

As we look forward to the next Chapter Rally down at Gulf State Park on April 26th-29th, 2012, I have a request. Would each of you think about the Rally we just completed and pass along any suggestions you may have. If there was something we did that you would rather not do at future Rallies and Campouts, send us your thoughts. If there is some activity that you would like to have included in the future, tell us that. Any ideas at all to make our Rally better will be appreciated.

For example, I would like to conduct a live, hands-on demonstration of "How To" Grease Bearings, Check and Adjust brakes, lube Wet Bolts at the next Rally; that is if Bob Mansolino will agree to help. And one of you may think of something to share with others. A cooking lesson using the Convection Microwave for example.

So let the ideas flow,

Hogan

Lou_and_Bette
10-11-2011, 01:01 PM
I couldn't think of any better topics to include in the agenda...way to think outside the box to include "stuff" we all would like to know. It's no wonder our rallys are the best with you leading the group, Hogan.

Lou

goldenbetty
10-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Hogan,
My hubby has a topic he would like to present at the Gulf Shores Rally - EMERGENCY RV TIRE CHANGE. Good with you?

hogan
10-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Excellent Betty. No one better to give us the low down than Dirty Harry. Thanks for the great suggestion.

hogan
10-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Johnny Bishop RV in Columbus, Mississippi was a great help to our Rally by sponsoring our Saturday night dinner. If you could drop them a line and thank them for their gracious support, I am sure it would be meaningful to them. The address is:

Johnny Bishop RV, 8971 HW-45, Columbus, Ms. 39705
or you can email them at sales@johnnybishoprv.com

pennymay
11-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Hogan

I must say Terral and I really enjoyed the T-shirt idea we talked about it and hoping that you are planning to have shirts at the gulfshores rally. We had a great time for our first rally and camping trip togather. We have been talking and planning for the April rally now we are hooked. Cant wait till we can do camping fulltime.