ATF: Bighorn - Electrical Question

I have a small electric cooler that I keep under my Bighorn. It requires either 110 or 12 volt to run. I thought by plugging it in inside the storage space that it would be fine and it is as long as we are hooked to power. Is there any electrical plugs that still work when on battery? Or is there a way to get a 12 volt connection into the storage space?

Thanks

rebootsemi

I have a small electric cooler that I keep under my Bighorn. It requires either 110 or 12 volt to run. I thought by plugging it in inside the storage space that it would be fine and it is as long as we are hooked to power. Is there any electrical plugs that still work when on battery? Or is there a way to get a 12 volt connection into the storage space?

Thanks

There are no 120 volt plugs that operate off of battery inless you have a inverter. You could run a 12 line from the battery into the basement and have a 12 volt plugin on the end of it. You can purchase a 12 volt cigar type plug and most any auto parts store. Should not be a big deal to install, and don't forget to put a fuse in that 12 volt line....

K

karykatz

Sloventhal,

thank you for the great question. The 110 outlets will not work with tha battery unless you have an inverter. You should be able to have a qualified service department run a 12 volt outlet to your storage compartment. I hope this helps.