PDA

View Full Version : BrakeSmart controller

Gary F
04-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Decided to upgrade my brake controller to a BrakeSmart controller. http://www.brakesmart.net

Should have done this sometime ago but did not feel it was necessary towing a tag trailer. Now that i have the Big Horn shame on me if i don't get a controller that has better response then my $69.00 current controller.

Curious as to what others are utilizing

Phil Smith
04-08-2005, 07:11 AM
HI Gary,

Thanks for the call the other day. We'll have to get our Bighorns together for a reunion this summer. I am using a Prodigy brake controller. What a difference over the old cheapo controller I used to have. The proportional braking feature makes for smooth stops.

Phil

Rick and Michele
12-04-2005, 08:31 AM
You won't regret it. I've had the brakesmart controller for about a year now, and would never even consider towing with any other controller ever again. What a difference, you can't believe it until you use one.

BluegrassMan
12-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Hi All:
I was wondering, is the brake smart a combination pendulam and timer ? I used to have one made like that 2 trailers ago. When I went to a triple axle 5ver, I had to give up that one because it wouldn't do six wheels. I have a Teconsha unit presently.

I liked the timer function because it was so smooth on exit ramps and red lights. NO squeals or jerks.

Rick and Michele
12-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Brake Smart ties tight into the master cylinder and operates based on the hydrolic presseure converting it to current. No pendulum that I am aware of. The operation is as smooth as you could ever wish for.

usandthreedogs
02-11-2006, 07:01 PM
the brakesmart uses a pressure sensor in the brakeline. It reads pressure and tells the trailer brakes how hard you are pushing on the pedal. ABSOLUTLEY FLAWLESS. plug you truck it and it sends a test voltage to the trailer and now knows if it has 2 or 3 axles and if it has electric or hyd brakes. they're are not cheap but one should never go cheap where your familys safety is concerned. I have had mine for over a year and towed over 20,000 miles this season. wouldn't even consider towing with anything else. Barney

phranc
02-11-2006, 08:49 PM
I have a Prodigy and it works pretty good, BUT, the next one will be a brakesmart..

jaawalke
03-14-2006, 06:41 PM
I am using a prodigy with my Bighorn and it works great.the one they put in with the trailer worked alright but not as smooth as the prodigy.

jpmorgan37
03-14-2006, 08:56 PM
I tried to find Brake Smart on the web and it looks like the original manufacturer has sold out. I found a new website for it if anyone is interested. It is: http://www.brakesmart.biz/index.html I haven't used it but from all reports, it sounds interesting. Has anyone had any dealings with this new company?

Thanks, John