PDA

View Full Version : Trail Air Pin

cewing
01-21-2012, 01:11 PM
getting ready to order a new 3800 and want the Tral Air pin option that HL offers but is it The NEW Triglide model or the the other model does anyone know I have the other model (not the triglide) on my KZ now and love it

cookie
01-21-2012, 03:04 PM
I think that you could get it either way. If you want the TriGlide, be sure to specify that when ordering and be sure it is on the order sheet.
I have the TriGlide and love it. My last rig had just the TrailAir and there is a difference.

Peace
Dave

cewing
01-21-2012, 03:36 PM
I think that you could get it either way. If you want the TriGlide, be sure to specify that when ordering and be sure it is on the order sheet.
I have the TriGlide and love it. My last rig had just the TrailAir and there is a difference.

Peace
Dave

Some say that the 3800 is to heavy for that hitch???
I am getting almost all the options (duel pane windows, total rear patio kit, 5.5 gen., 6 point level u system,ect.)

cookie
01-21-2012, 03:41 PM
I guess that a call to Trail Air is in order. I remember hearing that pin weight had an effect on performance and that more is better. Dunno if that is correct, but someone other than a consumer should have the correct information. Make the call.

Peace
Dave

cewing
01-21-2012, 03:44 PM
I guess that a call to Trail Air is in order. I remember hearing that pin weight had an effect on performance and that more is better. Dunno if that is correct, but someone other than a consumer should have the correct information. Make the call.

Peace
Dave

What is your appr. weight?

cookie
01-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Trailer weight is 14,775 and the pin weight is 3,025. Weighed.

Peace
Dave

hoefler
01-21-2012, 06:58 PM
I have the TrailAir pin box, gross weight is 16,000 with a pin weight in the 3,500 lb range. I wouldn't be with out it!!

2psnapod2
01-21-2012, 08:39 PM
I elected to go with a air hitch instead of the air pin. Best thing I ever did.

porthole
01-22-2012, 12:09 AM
Some say that the 3800 is to heavy for that hitch???
I am getting almost all the options (duel pane windows, total rear patio kit, 5.5 gen., 6 point level u system,ect.)

There are several threads already here regarding this. For me it is the same answer everytime, that trialer will probably be too heavy for the tri-glid to work at it's best.
The 3800 can very easily get to 18,000 pounds. That will push the the tirglide to it's rated "limit".

cewing
01-22-2012, 06:42 AM
I elected to go with a air hitch instead of the air pin. Best thing I ever did.

What is the "air hitch"? Any web sites to go to?

porthole
01-22-2012, 07:32 AM
What is the "air hitch"? Any web sites to go to?
Air pin box - 5th Airborne and TrailAir
air ride hitch - Hensley, Mountain Machine and a 3rd one I don't remember the name.
There are more of each type, but those are the most popular.

The hitches are 2-3 times the cost of the pin box. The Hensley also claims to reduce chucking.
We have the Hensley and MOR/ryde pin box. Works good for us. Had a TrailAir tri-glide, did not like it at all.

2psnapod2
01-22-2012, 09:28 AM
I have a TS3 hitch and while pulling my LM Key Largo I have never had any chucking and we have never had anything in our coach move around hardly at all. I am very happy with it. Yes it was expensive but as I see it I saved on the pin and put that money into the hitch.

lwmcguir
01-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Any stress you can take off the frame/coach is a good thing. May save you a lot of money down the road.