PDA

View Full Version : factory bbq not much heat

saskrick
02-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi, this is my first post in this forum. Hopefully, I'm posting this thread properly. I have a 2010 northtrail 31bdss. This trailer came with a factory stainless steel barbeque that you can hang on the side of the trailer. There is a tee in the propane line where I added a ball valve and a quick coupler so I could connect the bbq. This is a regulated line and the bbq has no regulator that I can see. My question is; did I hook this up wrong because the bbq takes very long to cook anything? Or is this simply a lower heat unit designed this way on purpose so we don't melt down the trailer?

jimtoo
02-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi saskrick,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I cannot help you with an answer, but some of our other family members that have a Northtrail with that option will jump in soon and help with an answer.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

pegmikef
02-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Gee, I don't know because I have the Olympia 5500 low pressure grill with the same low pressure setup and if anything, it gets too hot too fast so I usually end up cooking on low. The hookup is pretty straight forward. Here's the fittings I used.

http://www.propaneproducts.com/catalog/quick-connectors-39-1.html

saskrick
02-24-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't remember the brand of the bbq off the top of my head. I'll do a little more research and maybe check with the dealer. Thanks for the replies.

saskrick
03-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Hi I looked at the bbq yesterday. The brand is a Celano stainless steel. It doesn't put out much heat at all. Its what it came with. Not sure if it was standard issue or not.

saskrick
05-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Anyone else have the Celano. Mine doesn't cook good. Any suggestions or should I exchange.

gasman
05-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Propane hose are available in different inside diameters. The small diameter hoses are designed for high pressure while the larger diameter hoses are meant for low pressure applications. A good propane distributor could look at your hose and determine if that might be the problem.