Ford trucks...am I reading this right?

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
I'm just trying to make sure I'm reading all these acronyms right and understand what I'm looking at.

The 2011 Ford F-350s come in two engine options right? The 6.2L Gas and the 6.7L V8 Diesel. Is that correct? Some of the descriptions on these websites aren't complete (they just say 6.7L V8) and some have conflicting tow limits listed. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer. No since driving all that way to see a Gas truck. :)

Thanks!
Alice

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
6.7L V8 is diesel. Diesel engines will offer greater towing capacity. Ken

mmomega

AnyTimer
Yes there are 6.2L V8 Gas engines and 6.7L V8 Diesel engines. Just ask for a power stroke. Some people want a SuperDuty but don't want a diesel engine.

67emblem.jpg

If you see that emblem on the door right behind the fender... you are good to go.
I hope they do you right out there. My friend bought one in GA, when I told him he should drive one there but come to TX to buy it. They took $12.5k off the sticker on mine whereas at the time his dealer was only taking 5-6k off.

Attachments

• 67emblem.jpg
    67emblem.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 5

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Yes, 6.7L V8 is the Power Stroke Diesel, is the way to go. We live in NY and bought ours in NC for 11K cheaper.