Help With Moving Rig

RVturtle

Just bought a Bighorn 5th wheelBH 3510RE. I do not have a truck and need to move it from Destin, FL to Pearlington, MS. It is a 220 mile trip, I-10 all the way. Not sure when I need to move it. I will need assistance. Wondering if anyone can help or make suggestion. Pearlington is at the MS/LA border on Hwy. 90.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
RVturtle, welcome to the forum. There is lots of good information here. Maybe even some help.
I moved your post out of the rally thread to its own here on the general forum.

Peace
Dave

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Hello RVturtle, I got a copy of your message by email, but then could not find it on the forum under the Rally thread where it was posted. Now, I find that one of the moderators moved it to another listing which probably caused most of the Mississippi and Alabama folks to lose track of it. So, if I understand, you have bought a Bighorn, have no truck, and need it moved. Is it a new one or used? not that that makes a difference; but we might have a member in the area who would be willing to give you some help. First we need to know when you need it moved from Destin. Do you have insurance coverage on it for someone else towing it for you? Would you like to attend our Rally April 26-29 at Gulf State Park? That would be a good shakedown trip for you on the way home. And do you want to join the Heartland Owners Club; if so we can help you get that started. Best bucks you can spend for lots of reasons. Our owners group is the best in the country. Great National Rallies with Heartland support, best group of RV'ers you will ever find to camp and travel with, and if you should ever have a problem, there is lots of good information from this group to help you find solutions. Email me at ahcooperii@gmail.com and we will try to find you some help on moving that rig. Can't promise but we will do our bestl.
Do you have a line on a truck? My recommendation is 1-ton dually. I pulled my BH 3670 RL with a 3/4 ton Dodge but found I needed a bit more braking capacity. Welcome to Heartland.
Hogan Cooper

JJOren

Hiya RVturtle!

I'm assuming you are talking about the Pearlington in Hancock Co? That is in my neck of the woods. Is this a new rig? Used? Insurance? Give me a few more details and let's talk about it.

terral

Just bought a Bighorn 5th wheelBH 3510RE. I do not have a truck and need to move it from Destin, FL to Pearlington, MS. It is a 220 mile trip, I-10 all the way. Not sure when I need to move it. I will need assistance. Wondering if anyone can help or make suggestion. Pearlington is at the MS/LA border on Hwy. 90.
my name is terral may i live in dothan al,call me if you need your trailer moved,i have a 40 foot 5th wheel and belong to the heartland owners association. 334-718-2206.