extra set of mud flaps

Country

How many of yall have a secondary set of mud flaps/rock guards behind your TV's drive wheels? I have a "normal" set of mud flaps, but have seem some people with these http://www.mudflaps.com/ also. We'll be traveling down some gravel roads to get to race locations and don't want the bottom/front of the 5er to get all ate up with thrown rocks. At the same time my accessory budget is going fast...:( Just trying to figure out what's a necessity and what's not.

As always, thanks.

Last edited:

jpmorgan37

country;
I saw something several weeks ago that was different and not too expensive. A snap on cover for the front of the coach. The folks had it made up for a trip to Alaska to keep the stones from beating up the front of their RV. The same material that front skirts, tire covers etc. are made from. They mounted it with snaps and took if off when it wasn't needed. I thought that it was a pretty good idea. I'd been thinking about putting some diamond plate on the front of mine, but like that idea better.

John

Country

Thanks for the ideas.
So it sounds like some kind of "extra" protection is needed....
I'd hate to have that expensive Gel-coat messed up.

jbeletti

I have the Husky mud flaps and have yet to find any dings in the front area of the trailer. They're pretty low to the ground so I think they're doing a good job of deflecting most debris.

That said, I have yet to drive on many gravel roads and none while towing the trailer.

Jim

chvydualy.gif

nhunter

I drive on lots of gravel with the truck only and noticed a big difference in the "spray" of gravel coming from underneath, while watching in the mirror.

Country

The big difference is between the Rock Solid off and on?
So you're saying they work well?

Sorry for not understanding your post.