overhead fan blades break

JerryB

anybody have a problem with this I have broken two blades so far I think it happens while closing slides not much clearance.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I broke one once when the slide hit it when closing. Found out later that the screws were loose where the bracket attached to the fan. I went to Home Depot and bought some replacement blades, and changed them out. Now I periodically check the screws for tightness.

danemayer

anybody have a problem with this I have broken two blades so far I think it happens while closing slides not much clearance.

Sounds like you're not sure it's from the slides. Reading between the lines, I guess that means that you haven't noticed any contact or heard any unexpected sounds when closing the slide.

Maybe a slide is out of adjustment and is tilted more than it used to be. Have you noticed anything like that on the slides?

Is the fan turning when the slides are closing? Sometimes ceiling fans rock a bit, which could reduce the clearance.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I broke one once when the slide hit it when closing. Found out later that the screws were loose where the bracket attached to the fan. I went to Home Depot and bought some replacement blades, and changed them out. Now I periodically check the screws for tightness.

We've had screws loosen in our fan as well. Once I snugged them up a few years back, they haven't come loose. Hopefully that's all your's are is loose blades.

Lance & Jo

We have broken 3 blades so far, apparently from vibration induced from the roads in Mexico. The first one could have been from contact while closing the slide but definately not the next 2 and all the screws were tight. Any how have decided not to fix any more blades for awhile and just live with the nifty (no blade) light fixture. Will be a new fan in our future but not till we are done exploring Mx.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

Ditto! Couldn't find the correct size blades local so I called HL customer service, they got me on a three way call with the fan supplier and they sent a new set no charge.

Westwind

I'm always watching when I bring in the slides to see the location of the fan blades, but I haven't checked the screws on the blades to see if they are tight, something I need to do. I know we have it going all the time to move the AC air or Furnace Air which ever is needed around the trailer and it does help. Definately like having it and would miss it if it wasn't operational.