Truck Alarm?

jgilbert

I have a 2007 Ford PSD F350 dually King Ranch. I bought it new in January and it was broken into in February on a trip to Austin. I haven't had any more problems since then, but with our impending full timer status about to happen in the next 10 months, I have been thinking about adding a truck alarm.

Do any of you have one? Do you like it? Would you recommend it to me?

Joe

kognito

just had a Viper alarm installed with autostart. Another feature is that my remote works within 1 mile of truck. If someone breaks in, my remote tells me!

jgilbert

kognito,

Which viper did you get? Which store did the install? Are you satisfied with it and it's performance?

Jgilbert

kognito

I got the Viper 771VX

http://www.viper.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=105

I like the remote start, and the turbo timer when stopping. The only problem I have had with the install (done by Sound Waves in NJ) is that for some reason when I start the truck with the key (not during remote start) the doors lock when the engine starts. (must be a setting I haven't figured out yet) They also "forgot" to install the valet switch, but somehow I doubt I will ever be valet parking my F550 :cool:

The only bummer is you only get one fancy remote. The second remote has all the features of the main remote, but does not have the 2-way feedback.

I haven't figured out what I want to use the four programmable outputs for (yet)

tdharley

Listen carefully to this if you have a Viper Alarm with remote start.

I have one installed and so does my brother. We were at Old Sturbridge village this this weekend and by mistake he hit a combination of buttons that turned on the starter disable. Called Chevy and they did not know what to do and suggested to disconnect the battery and reset the system. The guy who installed mine is a good friend so I called him. He told me to use the key to lock and unlock the doors and that will reset the remote start motor disable.

You will thank me someday.

Hopefully when its not 89 degrees.

Koginto, I thought my guy forgot to install my valet button but he hid it right behind were you put the key in, not the usual under the dash location. Get it installed it does more than you think like programming certain features. Thats funny my friend that installed mine owns Sound Waves in Shirley NY.

Best alarm out there. I have the 2 way pager. I never rely on the siren, they go off all the time, nobody will notice. The starter disable & 2 way pager is your best defense.

J-W&E

Security System needed for truck

We are in the market for an alarm and security system for our 2005 Diesel truck. We are wondering how the Viper system listed on the previous post has worked out or does anyone else have any suggestions as to what they have that works well.

Also, we sometimes leave our Lab in the truck while we are in a store. I am wondering if the dog moves around in the truck will it set the alarm off?? Has anyone had any experience with leaving a pet in a truck with an alarm set?