PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: ON, McGregor - 6/14/2013 to 6/16/2013

rfournelle
09-26-2012, 04:55 PM
11112, 11th Concession Rd, McGregor, ON N0R 1J0

Venue:
------------------------------

Wildwood Golf & RV Resort
11112, 11th Concession Rd
McGregor, ON N0R 1J0
Contact Valerie Lucier @1-866-994-9699 (ext 11) or email info@wildwoodgolfandrvresort.com or joelucier@aol.com
http://wildwoodgolfandrvresort.com
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $
WiFi available: Yes (hot spot)
WiFi Fee: $

Details:

Number of sites held: 35 - Full hook-up, 30 amps only
Site fee: 44.75 (tax included) per night (cash, credit or debit cards - no cheques)
Club Member Event fee: $10.00/person
Non-Club Member fee: $20.00/person
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 6/15/2013
Potluck time: 6:00PM

Event Leader: rfournelle(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=3792)

Additional Info:
This event will take place the weekend before the National rally in Goshen.

You can reserve beginning March 01st. Reserve directly with Valerie Lucier at 1-800-994-9699 (ext 11) or email info@wildwoodgolfandrvresort.com. Mention the Heartland rally for the special rate. Payment is not required to reserve your site and you may cancel at any time. If you are planning on arriving early or staying an extra day, the special rate will be honoured.

Once you have made your reservation please send an email to Bob Fournelle (rfournelle@rogers.com) with your planned arrival and departure dates. Furthermore, at time of booking, the rally fee should be paid by email transfer to rfournelle@rogers.com or by cheque mailed to:

Robert Fournelle
6823 Farmstead Ridge
North Gower, Ontario
K0A2T0

We have arranged for a special price for those who wish to play golf. The costs are:
- Green fees $20.50/person (tax included)
- Cart rental $12.00/person (tax included)

The preliminary agenda for the rally is:

Thursday, June 13th

Early arrivals dinner @ Local restaurant (Lumberjack) (link for menu http://www.windsoreats.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/lumberjack.pdf) (http://www.windsoreats.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/lumberjack.pdf)

Friday, June 14th

Registration (All Day)
“Meet & Greet” Welcome Dinner (Boston Pizza) @ 6:00 p.m. in the Rally Hall (provided by the Ontario Chapter)

Saturday, June 15th

8:30 a.m. – Coffee
8:30 – 9:30 a.m. “Trailer Talk”
9:00 – 11:00 a.m. “Swap & Sell”
10:00 a.m. – Noon “Show & Tell” (RV Open House)
1:00 - 3:00 p.m. @ Walkerville Brewery - Cost $5/person includes beer samples (link: http://walkervillebrewery.com/Tour.html)
Dealer Display @ 3:30 p.m. (tentative)
Potluck Dinner @ 6:00 p.m. at the Rally Hall (Please bring your own plates/utensils and drinks!) - 50/50 draw & door prizes for all members

NOTE: Campfires will be held Friday and Saturday evenings, weather and campground permitting.

Sunday, June 16th

Father’s Day Breakfast at Wildwood Golf & RV Resort (Kandys Pub & Grill) (provided by the Ontario Chapter)
Farewells to those heading home or onward to Goshen, Indiana!

For those leaving on Monday…..

Serenity Lavender Tour @ 1:00 p.m (link: http://www.serenitylavender.com/)
Golf @ 11:00 a.m. (tentative)
Hot Dog/Hamburger BBQ @ 6:00 p.m. sponsored by Chapter Leaders Bob & Christine

Tentative List of Attendees

Don & Shirley Benedict
Doug & Jean Carr
Murray & Chris Caughy
Don & Janina Ewart
Bob & Christine Fournelle
Dave & Lyne Hallett
Tim & Jean Mai
Dale & Alice Smith
Charlie & Jane Thibideau
Mike & Donna Tinklin
Wayne & Gayle Wilson
John & Dianne Yeo
Ray & Donna Woolley
Jack & Barb Gammon
Sue Pastorius and Jim Bissonnette
Gene & Carol Brosseau
Fred & Joanne Wilcke
Bert & Shirley Spoelstra
Brian & Jocelyne Lalonde
Karen Young & William Parent
John & Debbie Laliberte

wfwilson
09-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Bob
Count Gayle and I in for the rally.
Safe travels!
Wayne and Gayle

bighornby
10-16-2012, 05:17 PM
bob......donna and i will be there for sure. keep us advised of any deposit requirements. looking forward to the rally and then onto goshen!

rfournelle
10-17-2012, 07:48 AM
We're looking forward to seeing you guys!

rfournelle
11-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi everyone,

We realize that the Ontario Chapter rally is still a ways off and probably not on your mind especially since we are entering the Christmas season.

We have heard from many members who indicated they plan to attend the rally. We would like to gauge the interest of all members and get a sense of how many of you are planning to attend.

We would appreciate if you could post in this thread your intention to attend. Remember, this is not a commitment on your part but simply an expression of interest.

We hope that those members going south for the winter have arrived safely at their destination and are enjoying the warm temperatures. Here in Ontario, the colder weather has moved in with many areas getting a fair amount of snow already.

Thank you and hope to see you all at the rally.

jdmeca
11-30-2012, 09:29 PM
my wife and I are new members but we plan on attending Jean and Doug Carr #2288

bimmy
12-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Hi Bob keep me posted on this am close By May have time to camp lol Would be nice If I can hook up Thanks Bimmy

thibideau
12-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Bob & Christine

Charlie and I are planning to attend and then continue on to Goshen.

Ricoh
12-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Joanne and I will be there Bob.

Rick

mrhypnosis
12-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Hi Bob & Christine,
Lyne & I are planning to go to the rally and then on to Goshen the following week where I will be doing my comedy hypnosis show again.
Thanks,
Dave

righttime
12-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Hi Folks

Solange and I will be there. We are currently in Casa Grande, Arizona. Weather is fantastic.

Neil and Solange

Dale Smith
12-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Hello Bob,

Please count Alice and myself in for the MacGregor rally.

We also expect to have our tagalong brother and sister-in-law, Mike and Cathy Jansen, with us for the weekend. Of course many of the people I've met them at a couple of previous rallies.

We need to keep inviting them until we get them into a heartland product!

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Dale

Dale and Alice Smith

119 Quail Run Drive
SS 3
Dorchester Ontario
Canada
N0L 1G3

Dale's Cell Phone 519-269-3971

Alice's Cell Phone 519-870-5295

E-mail address adkj5455@rogers.com

This document prepared with the assistance of Dragon Speech Recognition Software.

Dale Smith
12-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Hello Neil and Solange,

We will leave for Arizona And the Great City of Casa Grande, on the 14th or 15th of December and will arrive in our Park around Christmas day.

We Are in Fiesta Grande RV resort just off East Florence Boulevard on site number 441.

I hope we get a chance to catch up with each other this winter!

Dale

Dale and Alice Smith

119 Quail Run Drive
SS 3
Dorchester Ontario
Canada
N0L 1G3

Dale's Cell Phone 519-269-3971

Alice's Cell Phone 519-870-5295

E-mail address adkj5455@rogers.com

bighornby
12-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Hi Bob & Christine,
Lyne & I are planning to go to the rally and then on to Goshen the following week where I will be doing my comedy hypnosis show again.
Thanks,
Dave

and just so you know mr hypnosis i will be a spectator this time. my turn to laugh at someone.....lol!

Wayne and Marg Patrick
12-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Hi there! Wayne and I are planning to attend the rally this year - and then we'll be off and on our way to Goshen!Wayne & Marg Patrick

asherwin
12-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Kim and I are looking forward to our first rally.

Cheers,

JonV
12-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Eileen and I will definitely be there.

Willym
12-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Greetings from sunny Texas!

Sorry, but we won't be coming. We'll be touring Europe in a motorhome, and won't be back in Canada until later in the the month.

jdmeca
12-04-2012, 09:37 PM
hi folks Jean and I plan to attend , we are now in Teralingua. texas and the weather is fantastic.

Jean and Doug Carr
Member #2288
2011 Big Country
2010 Ford 3500HD

DavidIley
12-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Sara and I are planning to attend both events.
We are back in Ottawa for Christmas and then off to Mission, TX where we will be embedded for three months. Get to play hockey three times a week.
Travelled in the fall to Boston and Cape Cod for two weeks. Just returned from three weeks down to Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, AL. Left the trailer in Fort Payne, AL at Will's Creek RV park. Owner operated park and part of the Passport America system, ie, $17/night. Will pick up trailer en-route to Texas. Would like to get over to Big Bend and Teralingua but hockey schedule will keep me close to Mission.

wfwilson
12-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi everyone
We are in New Braunfels TX and the weather is good. We plan to attend both Wildwood and Goshen see you then.
Regards
Wayne and Gayle

DonnyB007
12-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Looks good for my wife Shirley and I to attend the McGregor rally. Not sure about Goshen rally.

Update (Jan 3/2013) : Will be going to McGregor Rally still, but not looking good to attend Goshen Rally.

With McGregor Rally - we will arrive early likely on June 11th
Will go on Serenity/ Lavender Tour and Walkerville Brewery Tour
Will not be doing the golfing on the Sunday
Will try and bring down some grab bags to give away from our RV World Dealership
Happy to "Openhouse" our RV
Happy to attend the early Thursday dinner in Windsor
Will attend Sat morning trailer talk discussions

JonV
01-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Hi from SW Florida! We've been working out some sort of plan for our 2013 travels. If all goes well we will be in the middle of a maritime tour when the rally takes place this year so we're going to have to pass on this years rally. Hopefully we'll be there next year.

bimmy
01-16-2013, 10:18 AM
HI Bob Jean & I will be there HOC 2353

rfournelle
02-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Hi everyone,

Please read post #1 as it has been updated with some more details.

We will do additional updates as required.

Bob & Christine

rfournelle
02-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Hi everyone,

We have added Mike & Cathy Jansen as well as Sue Pastorius & Jim Bissonnette to the list of attendees in post #1.

Bob & Christine

rfournelle
02-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Hi everyone,

An update has been done in Post #1 to provide instructions on the payment of the rally fee.

Bob & Christine

rfournelle
03-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Please note that the phone number in post #1 for Wildwood Golf & RV Resort has been corrected to 866-994-9699.

rfournelle
03-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Wildwood Golf & RV Resort has indicated they are having some issues with the email address on their website.

Post #1 has been updated to provide another email address to use if you can't access the regular one. The address is joelucier@aol.com

rfournelle
03-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Post #1 has been amended to update the list of attendees.

Bob

rfournelle
03-26-2013, 08:35 AM
Post #1 has been amended to update the list of attendees. To help you identify the changes, updates to this post will be highlighted in bold letters.

Bob

rfournelle
04-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Post #1 has been amended to update the list of attendees.

rfournelle
04-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Post # 1 has been amended to update some details and the list of attendees.

Friendly reminder to let us know once you have registered with Wildwood Golf & RV Resort and to send an email transfer or cheque for the rally payment as instructed in Post # 1.

For those who are still undecided on attending, please note we have an exciting agenda in the works and so far, we have eight new members who have registered with Wildwood. So it will be a great opportunity to make many new friends.

Dale Smith
04-28-2013, 05:41 PM
We arrived home in Ontario, 10 days ago, after our winter stay in Arizona. We took approximately 2 weeks of travel making our way across the country, on our way home. We saw a lot more interesting countryside and enjoyed our trip home very much.

We are now looking forward to the rally season. It is good to see that so many people have signed up to attend the rally in McGregor.

Good job on the quarterly newsletter! Of course we are a bit biased as Jake the wonder dog was featured in the pet section!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in McGregor!

Dale and Alice Smith
Jake

rfournelle
05-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Post #1 has been updated with additional details highlighted in bold letters.

rfournelle
05-14-2013, 10:46 AM
List of attendees has been updated in post #1.

TimnJo
06-03-2013, 07:50 PM
For those going on from the Ontario rally to Goshen, what route do you suggest?

We leave from near Ottawa Sunday morning, may make it to Wildwood to overnight before heading to the national rally in Goshen.

Tim & Jo

rfournelle
06-04-2013, 03:39 PM
The attendee list has been updated in Post # 1.

rfournelle
06-04-2013, 06:59 PM
For those going on from the Ontario rally to Goshen, what route do you suggest?

We leave from near Ottawa Sunday morning, may make it to Wildwood to overnight before heading to the national rally in Goshen.

Tim & Jo

Tim,

We're from North Gower, near Ottawa, and previously when we went directly to the Goshen rally from Ottawa, we took the route going through Sarnia. The distance is almost identical than going through Windsor, but the US crossing in Sarnia is a lot easier (much less traffic) than Windsor. The Mapquest link is: http://mapq.st/13k1kz6.

If you decide to go through Wildwood Resort, a group of us are leaving Monday to go to Goshen. Personally, we will likely take I75 after the Ambassador Bridge crossing to Ohio and then taking I90W/I80W (toll road) towards Chicago into Indiana (see Mapquest link: http://mapq.st/ZrXJ1f).

Hope this helps.

Bob

TimnJo
06-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Thanks for that Bob.

I came back from Indianapolis a couple of years back through Sarnia; virtually no wait at the border crossing.

I guess it depends what time we get away and how long I want to drive on the Sunday whether we make it to Wildwood or stop before or...

The route given by Mapquest is the same as Google maps and MS Streets and trips, so I guess that's the consensus.

Tim & Jo

DonnyB007
06-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Yes, we just came through Sarnia with zero wait!