PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: AZ, Quartzsite - 1/17/2013 to 1/24/2013

TandT
11-01-2012, 07:36 PM
The park; Desert Gold RV Resort, Brenda, Arizona / 1-800-927-2101 / contact; Linda

http://www.g7rvresorts.com/desert-gold/services.aspx (http://www.g7rvresorts.com/desert-gold/services.aspx)

Please book your own site. Please tell her you are with the Heartland group. (or mention my name)

Event date; January 17th to 24th ( 1 Week/ Weekly rate is $205.49 (You may do all, or part of this time frame).

This is a "Campout" with the only agenda being a potluck with fellow Heartlanders (and friends) staying in and around Quartzsite.

Hope to see everyone there. It should be fun.

Please call the park to make a reservation. Ask for Linda if she is available.

If you reserve a site, please post or PM me. I will update your info. Thanks, Trace[/COLOR]

Please contact me with any questions or concerns.

SOB friends welcome.

POTLUCK UPDATE:
When; Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 5pm.

Heartlanders and friends staying in and around Quartzsite are also welcome.
RSVP's are appreciated

Each rig is being asked to bring a side dish or dessert to feed approx. 6-8 people, along with your chairs and favorite beverage(s). (BYOB)

Entrees, Sodas and water will be provided.

If everyone could please post what dish you are bringing and I will compile a menu. :-)
Thanks, Trace

If you live in the Southern California, Arizona, Nevada or Utah area, or anywhere else for that matter,if you have never been to Quartzsite during January, it simply must be seen at least once to be believed.

Boondocking is readily available in the area, but many had expressed an interest to stay in a park
with hookups.

Update A/O 11/23/12

As of today we have the following people confirmed;

John and Lori (jdawson) .................D68/ Jan 17-24..............3 Bean Salad
Floyd and Carol (Floyd Philbrook) ...D54/ Jan 17-24................Baked Beans (and clam chowder?):D
Bob and Patty (Bob&Patty) .............D85/ Jan 18-20.........:)"Something"
Wayne and Melinda (wino2) ............D34/ Jan 17-20..............Mac & Cheese, Salsa
Neil and Nanci (neilandnanci) ...........D38/ Jan 17-24..............Dessert and Enchiladas
Rod and Donna (rarnold) ..................D37/ Jan 17-24.............."Fully Loaded" salad
Ray and Gail (randgwarn) .................D35/ Jan 17-24...............Dessert
Sue and Len (RoadJunkie) .................D70/ Jan 17-24.............Dessert
Larry and Liz (larkinstuart) ................D67/ Jan 17-24.............Something Good
Bob and Bo (NorthCalBob).................D82/Jan 17-24th...............Potato salad
Trace and Teri (TandT) .......................D53/Jan 17-24................Entrees, Water,Sodas

John and Deb (jdfishing)/Orzo artichoke salad

PJ &Karol(Gaffer)/ Dessert

Bill Knight(wdk450)/Amish Low Cal Cole Slaw

wdk450
11-01-2012, 07:39 PM
I am a maybe right now, but if I go I'll be with the LOW's on Paloma road.

papaslimo
11-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Hi, We are interested as we expect to be there for a 6 to 8 week period.

rarnold
11-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Hi Trace. Met you & Teri in Gillette.
Donna & I have been talking about experiencing the "Q" for a year now. Put us down for a good possibility in a park with hook-ups.
Thanks for bringing this up and taking the lead in looking at parks and gathering us heartlanders. Hope we can all get together down there in January.

Rod

retired0601
11-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Hi, you can put Marge and I down as a "maybe" but will need a park with full hookups. Wouldn't stay for the whole time though.

FLOYD PHILBROOK
11-02-2012, 12:17 PM
trace put carol and myself down. Floyd

wino2
11-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Trace, put Wayne and Melinda down as a maybe

RoadJunkie
11-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Perhaps (maybe). We've heard so much about this place it would be nice to go with a group of like-minded (Heartland) folks!

neilandnanci
11-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Hi Trace and Terry,

You know we are planning on being there. Can't wait! Just let us know the details when you get them.

Neil and Nanci

TandT
11-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Thanks everyone.

SO FAR, with those who have posted here and those I have spoken with, we are at around 8 confirmed and 7 maybe's.

Please continue to post or PM me, if you would be interested in joining us. I will edit the top post, as more info. location, etc. is available. Thanks, Trace

Bob&Patty
11-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Trace, put Pat and I down for a YES unless something comes up.

TandT
11-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Trace, put Pat and I down for a YES unless something comes up.

Bob, Got it covered. Trace

TandT
11-06-2012, 12:12 PM
UPDATE;

The park; Desert Gold RV Resort, Brenda, Arizona / 1-800-927-2101 / contact; Linda

http://www.g7rvresorts.com/desert-gold/services.aspx

Please book your own site. Please tell her you are with the Heartland group. (or mention my name)

Dates reserved; January 17th to 24th ( 1 Week/ Weekly rate is $205.49 (You may do all, or part of this time frame).

Sites Being Held; 12

Sites will be held only until November 16th, 2013

If more sites are needed we may be able to add only a few more, per Linda.
This is their busiest time of the year

Please call the park asap and PM me or post here, after you reserve.
I will update the thread with a list of those attending.

This is a "Campout" with the only agenda being a potluck with fellow Heartlanders staying in and around Quartzsite.
(Details to be determined)

Hope to see everyone there.

Please contact me with any questions or concerns. Thank You, Trace

FLOYD PHILBROOK
11-06-2012, 05:11 PM
trace &teri I made reservations and asked to be parked next to you because your dodge was not happy parked next to all them fords at Bob's rally. Floyd:angel:

wino2
11-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Floyd you and Trace maybe the only ones parked out in the South Forty, the Fords will outnumber what ever it is that you drive and Trace truck. Which I think the south forty is outside the park boundaries.
Melinda

TandT
11-07-2012, 12:57 PM

Floyd and Carol (Floyd Philbrook)
Wayne and Melinda (wino2)
Neil and Nanci (neilandnanci)
Don & Marge (retired0601)
Trace and Teri (TandT)

rarnold
11-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Good news, Trace. Donna & I are all signed up for the week. Looking forward to the Quartasite experience. Don, I see you beat me to the punch. See all you guys there!

Thank you Trace for thinking of this and putting it all together AND checking out the RV park for everyone. Great job!

Rod

MICKEY
11-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Trace;

I was there last year and for those who haven't see the "Q", you just can't miss it. It should be on everyones bucket list. we were going to try to get out there again this year, however the Tampa Super Show is Jan 16-20, and we area scheduled to work that show. We stayed in Rose campground there in Quartzite. Stay clear of that one, the host was a jerk and doubled the number of full hook up spots by running sewer pipe across the ground where your hose had to run uphill to get there. How'd that work you say..."not too good". We couldn't walk between coaches because slides were too close. BUT I had a great time. I'm set for boondocking this time. More room, great people. You have to take folks to the Naked Bookseller. Seeing is believing:) Hope ya'll have fun. I'll be thinking about you while I'm working.

TandT
11-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Bob, Rod and Don, Glad you can make it. Thanks for giving me a heads up.

Bob and Patty (Bob&Patty)
Don and Marge (retired0601)
Rod and Donna (rarnold)
Trace and Teri (TandT)

Mickey, Congrats on your new promotion. Maybe you can make it out next year. Trace

TandT
11-08-2012, 12:22 PM
REMINDER......Date was changed after initial post.
Dates being held are Jan 17-24th, 2013

Just added John and Lori. Thanks for the heads-up John.

John and Lori (jdawson)
Rod and Donna (rarnold)
Trace and Teri (TandT)

back2nature
11-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Hi Trace and Teri, I just saw this thread. We've been to Quartzite the last two Januarys for a few days, and we're sort of throwing it around again to "get some rocks". We usually boondock a couple of miles south of town in the open area. I'll mention this to Mike when he gets home and see what we are doing about it this year. Will get back to you on this.

TandT
11-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Laurie, That would be great if you guys can make it.

I don't mind boondocking either, but the majority vote was for hookups. Trace

Trailer Trash
11-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Trace & Teri,
We would like to go, depends on resolving medical issues this winter. Is there a place for an old guy (who is too cheap to buy a new truck) to park his old Ford next to them shinny new Chevys. We were next to Floyd in Jackson, Pismo Beach, and Las Vegas and the sky didn't fall.
Art and Teresa

TandT
11-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Trace & Teri,
We would like to go, depends on resolving medical issues this winter. Is there a place for an old guy (who is too cheap to buy a new truck) to park his old Ford next to them shinny new Chevys. We were next to Floyd in Jackson, Pismo Beach, and Las Vegas and the sky didn't fall.
Art and Teresa

Art,
You can park next to me anytime you want to.
I hope you guys can get everything worked out so you will be able to go. Trace

As of today, attending are;

John and Lori (jdawson)
Rod and Donna (rarnold)
Trace and Teri (TandT)

Bob&Patty
11-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Trace, we are in site D-85. Friday and Saturday nite.....leaving on Sunday. How close is my Chebby going to be to your Dooooodge??? LOL:):eek::rolleyes:

FLOYD PHILBROOK
11-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Bob it looks like we will have three chebbys and one gmc. We will not be out numbered this time. Floyd:cool:

TandT
11-13-2012, 01:48 AM
Trace, we are in site D-85. Friday and Saturday nite.....leaving on Sunday. How close is my Chebby going to be to your Dooooodge??? LOL:):eek::rolleyes:

I guess your ahead of me. I don't even know what site I'm in.

Next time I call the park, I'll find out.

Have you gotten with Louie from Skinner, or should I give him a call? Trace

RoadJunkie
11-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Reservations are confirmed for Sue and Len...See you there!

TandT
11-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Re: Quartzsite Arizona Campout Jan 18th-24th 2013
UPDATE; A/O 11/13/12
Dates reserved; January 17th to 24th ( 1 Week/ Weekly rate is $205.49 (You may do all, or part of this time frame).
Sites Being Held at this time; 12
If more sites are needed we may be able to add a few more, per Mgr. Linda.
It could be hit and miss after Nov.16th getting sites, as it is coming up on their busy season.

Please call the park and PM me or post here, after you have reserved.
I will update the thread periodically with a list of those attending.
This is a "Campout" with the only agenda being a potluck with fellow Heartlanders staying in and around Quartzsite.
(Details to be determined)
Hope to see everyone there. This should be a fun gathering.

Thank you for the heads-up today Sue and Len

John and Lori (jdawson)
Rod and Donna (rarnold)
Ray and Gail (randgwarn)
Sue and Len (RoadJunkie)
Trace and Teri (TandT)

larkinstuart
11-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Hi Trace and Teri, Larry and I just signed up. See you there.
Hey Phil, The DODGES ARE encroaching!!!

wino2
11-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Ford will be well represented at this gathering. Floyd incase you don't know. FORD'S HAVE BEEN THE NUMBER ONE SELLING TRUCK FOR 33 years SOON TO BE 34 YEARS.
Melinda

TandT
11-13-2012, 09:52 PM
UPDATE; A/O 11/13/12

The park; Desert Gold RV Resort, Brenda, Arizona / 1-800-927-2101</STRONG></SPAN> / contact; Linda
http://www.g7rvresorts.com/desert-gold/services.aspx (http://www.g7rvresorts.com/desert-gold/services.aspx)

Sites Being Held at this time; 12
If more sites are needed we may be able to add a few more, per Mgr. Linda.
It could be hit and miss after Nov.16th getting additional sites, as it is coming up on their busy season.

This is a "Campout" with the only agenda being a potluck with fellow Heartlanders (and friends),
staying in and around the Quartzsite area.(Details to be determined)

Hope to see everyone there. This shaping up to be a fun gathering.

Just added today, Sue and Len (RoadJunkie) & Larry and Liz (larkinstuart).

John and Lori (jdawson)
Rod and Donna (rarnold)
Ray and Gail (randgwarn)
Sue and Len (RoadJunkie)
Larry and Liz (larkinstuart)
Trace and Teri (TandT)

FLOYD PHILBROOK
11-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Trace I am leaving the chevy home and driving the ford they gave me for buying a chevy. MY POOR BACK I WILL NEED MEDS WHEN I GET THERE. FLOYD:confused:

Trailer Trash
11-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Bob it looks like we will have three chebbys and one gmc. We will not be out numbered this time. Floyd:cool:

Floyd,
Do you want the Dodges and Fords by the restrooms and dumpsters ??? :( :confused:

Art

jimtoo
11-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Floyd,
Do you want the Dodges and Fords by the restrooms and dumpsters ??? :( :confused:

Art

Good Idea! Shorter or Less towing fees! :) :)

TandT
11-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Art,
Hope you guys end up making it.
I can use your voice of reason in all this truck chaos. Trace :-)

cookie
11-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Sounds like you guys are settin up to have a great time at Quartzsite.

Peace
Dave

TandT
11-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Dave,
There is still time. We'd be happy to have you "Out West". :cool:

Jim,
Your supposed to be helping me here. Don't encourage these clowns. :)

Trace

jimtoo
11-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Jim,
Your supposed to be helping me here. Don't encourage these clowns. :)

Trace

I am? I am!

TandT
11-15-2012, 01:13 PM

UPDATE; A/O 11/23/12

Please call park for sitbe availability.

It could be hit and miss after the Nov.23rd deadline, getting additional sites, as it is coming up on their busy season.

This is a "Campout" with the only agenda being a potluck Saturday Jan 19th, with fellow Heartlanders (and friends), staying in and around the Quartzsite area.(Details to be determined)

Hope to see everyone there. This shaping up to be a fun gathering.

John and Lori (jdawson)
Rod and Donna (rarnold)
Ray and Gail (randgwarn)
Sue and Len (RoadJunkie)
Larry and Liz (larkinstuart)
Bob and Bo (NorthCalBob)
Trace and Teri (TandT)

wdk450
11-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Are you guys having any planned daily "Happy Hours"? I might pop over from Paloma road to schmooze.

TandT
11-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Bill,

Feel free to come down anytime. I'm sure most evenings they'll be a happy hour of sorts going on after five or so.

I was also planning on a potluck Saturday the 19th. I'll firm up more details within the next few weeks. Trace

Bob&Patty
11-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Trace, you are now a "wagonmaster". Welcome to my world.

TandT
11-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Trace, you are now a "wagonmaster". Welcome to my world.

Bob, Thanks. (I think?)

I don't know if I am worthy of that title , but I'll try to make Old Cranky, I mean my Fearless Leader proud. :) Trace

FYI, Quartzsite Owners Campout is now on the "Events" drop down Tab at the top of the page. Thank you Jim

TandT
11-17-2012, 02:17 PM
One reserved site is still currently available. (space D82)

If more sites are needed, we may be able to add a few others within the next week or two. Trace

FYI, Quartzsite Owners Campout is now on the "Events" drop down Tab at the top of the page. Thank you Jim.

Bob&Patty
11-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Trace, you are up to the task. Jump in with both feet.

TandT
11-20-2012, 12:21 PM
There is still time to get a space for the Quartzsite Campout, Jan 17-24, 2013

If your on the fence, there is still time to jump off and go.

We currently have one site being held with an option to get a few others, if we can let them know within the next few weeks.

SOB FRIENDS WELCOME.

Please see my first post for details and attendees.

This should be a fun time. Trace

FYI, Quartzsite Owners Campout is now on the "Events" drop down Tab at the top of the page. Thank you Jim

FLOYD PHILBROOK
11-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Trace Other than the steak and lobster that old cranky is bringing what else do we need for the pot luck? Floyd:o

TandT
11-21-2012, 02:21 AM
Trace Other than the steak and lobster that old cranky is bringing what else do we need for the pot luck? Floyd:o

How about some of your world famous clam chowder? :)Trace

ccupton
11-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Trace,
carol and I thought about coming but I have a trade show in Vegas that week. Going to miss seeing everyone. Have a safe trip and don't eat to much.

SOB, Chris & Carol.

TandT
11-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Trace,
carol and I thought about coming but I have a trade show in Vegas that week. Going to miss seeing everyone. Have a safe trip and don't eat to much.

SOB, Chris & Carol.

Chris, you and Carol are always welcome anytime you can make it.
You are our new favorite SOB. :) Trace

NorthCal Bob
11-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi Trace,
Bo and I have just made reservations for Jan 17- Jan 24 for space D 82. Hope to see everyone then.

TandT
11-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Hi Trace,
Bo and I have just made reservations for Jan 17- Jan 24 for space D 82. Hope to see everyone then.

Bob,
Great, glad you guys can make it. Got you on the list

Anyone else wanting to attend, I believe there is still a chance to get a few more sites at this time.
Please call the park and pm me, or post if you make a reservation. Thanks

Also, we are going to have a potluck on Saturday evening Jan. 19th. 5PM

I will make arrangements for the entrees, if everyone could please bring a side dish or dessert to feed approx 8 people.

If you could please post here or pm me, I will update the thead with a list of the dish everyone is bringing. :)Thanks alot, Trace

jdfishing
11-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Hi Trace: We will be "roughing it" in the desert just outside "Q" and would like to join your potluck. We also have some Heartland friends from Montana that may join us. And maybe and SOB who's do for an upgrade on a new rig. Have ya got room for us? John & Deb

TandT
11-24-2012, 02:06 AM
Hi Trace: We will be "roughing it" in the desert just outside "Q" and would like to join your potluck. We also have some Heartland friends from Montana that may join us. And maybe and SOB who's do for an upgrade on a new rig. Have ya got room for us? John & Deb

John and Deb, Sent you a PM. Trace

TandT
11-25-2012, 01:34 PM
In case anyone didn't see this in a previous post;

All of our reserved sites are booked. There are still sites available within the park. Please call the park to make a reservation.

We are still looking forward to seeing others register for this event.

If you reserve a site, please post here or PM me and I will update with your information. Thanks, Trace

POTLUCK UPDATE:

Each rig is being asked to bring a side dish or dessert to feed approx. 6-8 people, along with your chairs and favorite beverage(s).

When you know what side dish you are bringing, please post it and I will make up a menu. :) Thanks

for most current info please see 1st post.

sandman
11-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Hey T and T, hope things are good. just wanted to say we might be down there. Don't know if we will have the 5th wheel or not but we are going to try.

TandT
11-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Marty, Hope you guys can make it along with your rig. Trace

Trailer Trash
11-26-2012, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=FLOYD PHILBROOK;277080]Trace I am leaving the chevy home and driving the ford they gave me for buying a chevy. MY POOR BACK I WILL NEED MEDS WHEN I GET THERE. FLOYD:confused:

Floyd went with me in my FORD to Home Depot while we were in Gilette for the Heartland national rally, First thing he says is "Art , you got a cell phone in case we break down", we made it to town and back, his back is still good, he made it all the way home to Las Vegas. My Ford made it all the way home to Calif., I even waived to O. J. as we drove past his country club in the middle of the Nevada desert.
ART :cool:
Sorry Floyd, I just couldn't resist, Trace I promise no more of this, or do I ???

TandT
11-27-2012, 12:32 AM
[QUOTE=FLOYD PHILBROOK;277080]Trace I am leaving the chevy home and driving the ford they gave me for buying a chevy. MY POOR BACK I WILL NEED MEDS WHEN I GET THERE. FLOYD:confused:

Floyd went with me in my FORD to Home Depot while we were in Gilette for the Heartland national rally, First thing he says is "Art , you got a cell phone in case we break down", we made it to town and back, his back is still good, he made it all the way home to Las Vegas. My Ford made it all the way home to Calif., I even waived to O. J. as we drove past his country club in the middle of the Nevada desert.
ART :cool:
Sorry Floyd, I just couldn't resist, Trace I promise no more of this, or do I ???

Art, You make me laugh, so it's all good. :D Trace

TandT
11-27-2012, 02:51 PM
12-01-12

There are still sites available in area "D", which is where our group will be.

If you reserve a site, please post here or PM me and I will update with your information. Thanks, Trace

Most current and complete info is on the 1st post.

FLOYD PHILBROOK
12-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Trace&Teri We will bring baked beans for the side dish. We have plates knives and forks left over from my rally we can use. Anything else you need let us know. Floyd

TandT
12-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Floyd, Thanks for the heads up.

I'll make a note of your item. Carol makes some great baked beans.

Our main entree will be barbecued chicken.

As of this date we are planning on about 30-35 people for the potluck.

There are still some sites available. Please see 1st post for latest info. Thanks, Trace

Gaffer
12-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Hey Trace, sounds like a great campout. We are at Lake Havasu at a waterfront site through January. Met a nice couple from Tuscon who are club members #1446. They have never been to a rally but might make your campout their first. I told them how much fun the rallys are and what a great bunch of people we all are. I sent the O'Kellys the link to this thread. Karol and I may come down for the day to see everyone the day of the potluck. That is the same weekend as the hot air balloon festival here so will have to wait and see.
PJ

TandT
12-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Hey Trace, sounds like a great campout. We are at Lake Havasu at a waterfront site through January. Met a nice couple from Tuscon who are club members #1446. They have never been to a rally but might make your campout their first. I told them how much fun the rallys are and what a great bunch of people we all are. I sent the O'Kellys the link to this thread. Karol and I may come down for the day to see everyone the day of the potluck. That is the same weekend as the hot air balloon festival here so will have to wait and see.
PJ

PJ,
Thanks for telling the O'Kellys about our get-together. Hopefully they can make it.

We'll look forward to seeing you and Karol down there for the potluck. Trace

BTW, we have been going to Lake Havasu for 30 years and I didn't even know they had a balloon festival. :confused:

RoadJunkie
12-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Sue and Len will be bringing a dessert, although we have no idea, at this point, what it will be.

TandT
12-03-2012, 02:20 AM
Sue and Len will be bringing a dessert, although we have no idea, at this point, what it will be.

Thanks, guys.

wino2
12-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Trace
Wayne and Melinda will bring Mac & Cheese, and Salsa. Great Job Trace on organizing this. Your constant updates are great!!!!!!
Melinda

Bob&Patty
12-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Trace, I know Pat will make something......but who knows what it will be.

TandT
12-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Thank you, Melinda and Bob.

jdawson
12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Trace and Teri

John and Lori will bring a three bean salad. I also have plates and silver to go along with what Floyd has. Let us know if you need any thing else.

TandT
12-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Trace and Teri

John and Lori will bring a three bean salad. I also have plates and silver to go along with what Floyd has. Let us know if you need any thing else.

John,
Thank you guys, I appreciate it. Trace

neilandnanci
12-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Hi Trace,

We can bring a dessert and enchiladas. If that is ok. If you want something else, let us know.

Neil and Nanci

jdfishing
12-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Trace: John & Deb will bring a "Orzo Artichoke Salad.

TandT
12-04-2012, 01:35 AM
Trace: John & Deb will bring a "Orzo Artichoke Salad.

Thank you guys. Trace

mobilcastle
12-04-2012, 06:58 AM
When we retire my DW and I would love to make it out to Quartzsite-sounds like a very good time.

TandT
12-06-2012, 02:18 AM
When we retire my DW and I would love to make it out to Quartzsite-sounds like a very good time.

We'll be looking forward to seeing you out here. Trace

TandT
12-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Well it's been awhile.
We're having a great get-together Jan 17-24 in Quartzsite,Az.

All the details are in my first post.
Sites are still available in park. Teri & I are looking forward to seeing everyone there.

For those of you that are staying in the park, at your convenience could you please post what side dish you are bringing to the potluck? thanks, Trace

randgwarn
12-13-2012, 11:34 PM

Event date; January 17th to 24th ( 1 Week/ Weekly rate is $205.49 (You may do all, or part of this time frame).

This is a "Campout" with the only agenda being a potluck with fellow Heartlanders (and friends) staying in and around Quartzsite.

Hope to see everyone there.

12-05-12

There are still sites available in area "D", which is where our group will be.

If you reserve a site, please post or PM me. I will update your info. Thanks, Trace

Please contact me with any questions or concerns.

SOB friends welcome.

POTLUCK UPDATE:

Heartlanders and friends staying in and around Quartzsite are also welcome.
RSVP's are appreciated

Each rig is being asked to bring a side dish or dessert to feed approx. 6-8 people, along with your chairs and favorite beverage(s). (BYOB)

If everyone could please post what dish you are bringing and I will compile a menu. :-)
Thanks, Trace

If you live in the Southern California, Arizona, Nevada or Utah area, or anywhere else for that matter,if you have never been to Quartzsite during January, it simply must be seen at least once to be believed.

Boondocking is readily available in the area, but many had expressed an interest to stay in a park
with hookups.

Update A/O 11/23/12

John and Lori (jdawson) .................D68/ Jan 17-24..............3 Bean Salad
Floyd and Carol (Floyd Philbrook) ...D54/ Jan 17-24................Baked Beans (and clam chowder?):D
Bob and Patty (Bob&Patty) .............D85/ Jan 18-20.........:)"Something"
Wayne and Melinda (wino2) ............D34/ Jan 17-20..............Mac & Cheese, Salsa
Neil and Nanci (neilandnanci) ...........D38/ Jan 17-24..............dessert and enchiladas
Don and Marge (retired0601) ...........D36/ Jan 17-24
Rod and Donna (rarnold) ..................D37/ Jan 17-24
Ray and Gail (randgwarn) .................D35/ Jan 17-24
Sue and Len (RoadJunkie) .................D70/ Jan 17-24.............Dessert
Larry and Liz (larkinstuart) ................D67/ Jan 17-24
Bob and Bo (NorthCalBob).................D82/Jan 17-24th
Trace and Teri (TandT) .......................D53/Jan 17-24

John and Deb (jdfishing)/Orzo artichoke salad

Trace, Gail said we will bring a dessert to the pot luck. We are looking forward to our week there.
By the way your photo in Barrego Springs triggered my desire to visit there. So before we get to Brenda we are planning to spend several days at Barrego Springs then a few more in Lake Havasau, and plan to arrive in Brenda as scheduled on Jan 17. All together we plan to make it a two week plus trip. See you in Brenda.
Ray and Gail

TandT
12-14-2012, 02:37 AM
Ray and Gail,
Thanks for the info.
Where are you guys staying in Borrego?

Trace

Gaffer
12-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Trace, Gail said we will bring a dessert to the pot luck. We are looking forward to our week there.
By the way your photo in Barrego Springs triggered my desire to visit there. So before we get to Brenda we are planning to spend several days at Barrego Springs then a few more in Lake Havasau, and plan to arrive in Brenda as scheduled on Jan 17. All together we plan to make it a two week plus trip. See you in Brenda.
Ray and Gail

Hey Ray, Karol and I are in Lake Havasu at Crazy Horse Campground on the island. We are in the North Beach section down on the water (#NB35).
Look us up when you get here. Gary and Diane (Boatdoc) should be in Havasu then also.

FLOYD PHILBROOK
12-14-2012, 09:31 PM
RAY stop and visit pj he always has plenty of beer Floyd:o

randgwarn
12-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Hey Ray, Karol and I are in Lake Havasu at Crazy Horse Campground on the island. We are in the North Beach section down on the water (#NB35).
Look us up when you get here. Gary and Diane (Boatdoc) should be in Havasu then also.

We will be at Havasau Falls Rv Jan 14,15,16 and plan to look you up if you are still there and see if Floyd is right about the beer.
Ray

randgwarn
12-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Since we have never been to Borrego Springs and we will only be there for three nights, we thought we would stay at the Springs at Borrego RV so we can check out things for a longer stay in the future.
Ray

Gaffer
12-18-2012, 11:19 AM
We will be at Havasau Falls Rv Jan 14,15,16 and plan to look you up if you are still there and see if Floyd is right about the beer.
Ray
We will be here 'till the end of January. Just tell the guy at the guard shack you are here to visit the McGuires down at North Beach #35. See you then.

sandman
12-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Hey Randgwarn, hope things are good. Just wanted to say that we go to the Springs at borrego alot and you will love it. the springs at borrego is a great park, so have fun.

NorthCal Bob
12-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Hi Trace, Bo said we will be fixing potato salad to go with all the great food for the potluck, see you in Arizona.

TandT
12-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Hi Trace, Bo said we will be fixing potato salad to go with all the great food for the potluck, see you in Arizona.

Bob, thanks. We are looking forward to it. Trace

TooCrazyLadies
12-23-2012, 01:31 PM
HI!! We are so excited to have our Heartland Family coming to Quartzsite!! Beth & Red have been vending here for 19 years, in the same spot. Please come by and see us. We are in The Prospector's Pamorama, South. of I-10 on the SW corner @ the light. We are walking distance to the Big Tent, Tyson Wells Swap-o-Rama, Rice Ranch and Market Place. There is day parking on the south end of Prospector's via Kuehn St or Hwy 95S. (fee) Can't wait to meet you!!! Even though we've been invited to the PotLuck it is our busiest time and therefore impossible.

TandT
12-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Beth,
We will come by and say hello.

If you guys can take two hours off, come over for the potluck. Trace

TandT
01-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Update, only two more weeks.

Individual fire pits or wood burning devices are not allowed at sites within the park.
There is a community fire pit in the park, so if anyone wants to bring wood and have a fire, it can be burned there.

For those of you coming for the potluck, please bring a covered side dish, your favorite beverage (water and sodas will be provided) and your chairs. Thanks, Trace

TandT
01-04-2013, 10:33 PM
For those of you going to Quartzsite this year, here's a good website to discover things to do in and around the area.

http://www.quartzsiteshowtimes.com/

We are looking forward to a good time. Trace

rarnold
01-06-2013, 01:48 AM
Trace,
We can't wait to get going. Looking forward to experiencing the "Q" for the first time Donna will be making a great "Fully loaded" green salad as our side dish. See all of you in a little over a week.

Rod

TandT
01-06-2013, 02:04 AM
Rod,
Thanks for the heads up. It sounds great.
I will add yours and Donna's "fully loaded" salad to the menu in post number one.

We are looking forward to some fun. Trace

larkinstuart
01-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Don't know what it will be however, guarantee it will be GOOD!!

TandT
01-10-2013, 01:45 PM
For those of you coming to Quartzsite, NOAA currently is predicting temps about 15 degrees below normal through next Wednesday, for much of the Southwest due to a large Alaskan storm.
Can't see beyond that at this point.
Overnight temps are forecasted to be in the high 20's to low 30's.
This is very unusual, at this time of year, as it is usually in the 40s at night.
As of right now, it looks like daytime highs will only be in the low 50's.
Bring plenty of warm clothing and any other means to stay warm. Trace

I picked a bad time to cut all my hair off!! At least it kept my head warm. LOL

wino2
01-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Trace you can have some of my hair but not sure how you will look as a Blonde.
Melinda

RoadJunkie
01-10-2013, 07:46 PM
The forecast is what they predict...weather is what you actually get. Packing shorts, just in case! I'm probably an optimist.

FLOYD PHILBROOK
01-10-2013, 08:12 PM
I will have a big bottle of brandy. That will keep me warm. Floyd:o

TandT
01-10-2013, 10:33 PM
I will have a big bottle of brandy. That will keep me warm. Floyd:o

That'll work. Trace

rarnold
01-10-2013, 11:07 PM
The heck with NOAA. Shorts & flip flops.... It's 80 degrees somewhere, eh? Nothing a good bottle of scotch or wine won't take care of. See ya' all there.

Rod

wdk450
01-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Trace:
I will attend the potluck and bring Amish Low Cal Coleslaw. I will arrive in Quartzsite on Jan 15, staying with the LOW's on Paloma road (North side) until about Jan. 23.
I am in Hemet now at the Desert Sky RV park which has a $260/mo. snowbirds special rate. Full hookups (No TV cable), WiFi, pool, spa, laundry room, showers close by.

TandT
01-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Another good link for things to do and see in the Quartzsite area. http://www.desertusa.com/Cities/az/quartzsite.html

It looks like later in the week the weather will return to normal, with lows in the 40's and highs in the 60's.:cool:

Right now it's cold for lower deserts. NOAA predicting lows in the 20's for the next couple of nights here. Trace

FLOYD PHILBROOK
01-12-2013, 09:04 PM
It is the same in vegas

TandT
01-12-2013, 09:23 PM
It is the same in vegas

Don't drink up all that brandy before Quartzsite. :D Trace

back2nature
01-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Trace,

I'm sure everyone will have fun together at Quartzsite. Sorry we can't make it with you guys. Timing is off for us. We'll be going there on the 29th for only two nights then on to Tucson. Even our plans for there got changed and we have to cut that short.

Have fun everyone.

Sent from my cell using Tapatalk2

Bob&Patty
01-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Trace, the fountain in the backyard was frozen solid this morning ....AGAIN and AGAIN. Kallie was a little ***** again and again cause her drinking bowl was frozen.

TandT
01-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Just arrived in Quartzsite. (Brenda)
Neil and Nancy are here.
Weather is improving with a warming trend.
Looking forward to a good week!
Trace

TXTiger
01-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Wish I could be there I know that you are having a great time. I'm healing fast and looking forward to my next adventure with my Cyclone.

wino2
01-16-2013, 11:58 PM
Trailer is packed and waiting to go. We are planning on leaving at 4:00AM, should be there around 8:30AM, the dogs know something is up. They love to camp. Looking forward to this trip.
Melinda/Wayne

Bob&Patty
01-17-2013, 11:33 AM
We are packed up and leaving about 1PM tomorrow.

Gaffer
01-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Those of us coming down to visit and join in for the potluck.....Is it in a meeting room rally hall or similar? Where do we go when we get there?

TandT
01-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Those of us coming down to visit and join in for the potluck.....Is it in a meeting room rally hall or similar? Where do we go when we get there?

PJ,
The potluck is at sites D-53 and D-54. There should be enough parking for 6-8 vehicles in the spaces occupied by our group.
Sent you a PM with my cell, if you have any problem. (although cell service is spotty out here) Trace

TandT
01-20-2013, 04:11 PM
We are having a great time here in the Quartzsite area.

We all went down to town yesterday to the RV show and to see some of the other vendors in town. Most of us have only seen about 1/10 of all the stuff that's going on here so far. Plan to venture back out again tomorrow, when the weekend crowd leaves.

We had a great potluck last night with many friends, old and new. We had folks come in from over 50 miles away to join us. A great time!
We had so much food that it carried over into another lunch today.

A special THANK YOU to Floyd, Wayne and Melinda, Rod and Bob & Patty for making it all come together!

Most of us are staying here until Thursday, with a few of us planning on going to Lake Havasu for 3 additional days to join up with other Heartlanders. Life is good with good friends. Trace

wino2
01-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Three cheers for Mr & Mrs Wagonmaster AKA Trace and Teri. You guys did a great job, we are ready for the next campout. The Campout was fantastic met a lot of wonderful new people. Sure wish we didn't have to leave. The drive home was easy lost count of all the RV'S heading your way. We were home by 4:00 PM. Sure glad Floyd brought his little campfire (and I mean little campfire). We could have all froze Ha ha. Have fun you guys sure wish we were still there.

Gaffer
01-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Great potluck at the campout. Glad we came down for the day. Trace and Floyd if you come to Crazy Horse, avoid #36-40 at North Beach. They are on the corner and a bit short and tight. 32 backs up to the channel and might be available. 19-26 are in the front row and not far from us.

rarnold
01-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Donna & I are having a great time here in Quartzsite. Trace & Teri have been fantastic Wagon Masters. It was great to see familiar faces in PJ & Karol as well as Bob & Patty and Bill Knight. Wayne & Melinda's Traeger smoker was out of this world with the chicken that came out of it.

Great food, good times, awesome people and all those vendors who so willingly take your money! This is just the greatest, most relaxing time we've had.... and there are still three more days to go.

Thanks again to Trace & Teri for the idea and putting this all together. Kudo's to you both for a JOB WELL DONE ! ! This has GOT to become an annual event!

Rod

TandT
01-22-2013, 12:17 AM
PJ,
Glad you and Karol made it to the potluck.
Thanks for the heads up on Crazy Horse. We will look into it tomorrow.

Rod,
Thank you for the kind words. It's great people like you and Donna that make doing these get-togethers fun.

Trace

Mr.D
01-22-2013, 01:11 AM
Hey PJ, Going to Texas this year??? We will be in Quartzsite Tues. for the week. Tried to get to the Rally but not enough time for me.
Fred & Gloria

Gaffer
01-22-2013, 12:08 PM
No Texas for us Fred. Sorry we missed you in Quartzsite. For all you still in the Quartzsite area here is a neat place to see near Parker. http://www.thedesertbar.com/
Rough road with 80 psi but a great time when you get there. Hey Trace, did you and Floyd get spots at Crazy Horse?

neilandnanci
01-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Trace and Teri,
We had a great time at the campout and so sorry we had to leave early. The boys miss Hanna already. lol. We will see you in Goshen or on the way to Goshen.

Neil and Nanci

jdfishing
01-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks Trace and Terry for the invite to the campout. Enjoyed seeing some old aquaintances and making some new ones. The food was excellent and plentiful as usual.

TandT
01-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Hey Trace, did you and Floyd get spots at Crazy Horse?

PJ, We should be there Thursday afternoon. Trace

Bob&Patty
01-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Trace, Pat and I had a great time. You make a swell wagonmaster.

TandT
01-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Trace, Pat and I had a great time. You make a swell wagonmaster.

Thanks Bob.

Thanks to everyone who came to the campout and the potluck to make it a great success.
We are planning to make this an annual event.

Trace

RoadJunkie
01-24-2013, 09:30 PM
As a first time participant in an organized camp-out, we held a bit of trepidation about meeting and blending with our unknown Heartland colleagues. We stand humbled by the outward sense of warmth and the immediate welcome offered to us by each and every participant in this event. We had a wonderful time meeting, joking, laughing, eating, and generally absorbing the life experience of each of you. Trace and Teri; you throw a great party and we appreciate your hard work. This truly turned out to be a great event for us. Thanks to all!

TandT
01-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Len &Sue,
Thank you for coming out. It was fun hangin' out with you guys. We look forward to seeing you down the road. Trace and Teri

TandT
01-25-2013, 01:15 AM
Caught Floyd eyeing this beauty in Quartzsite the other day! :D

wdk450
01-25-2013, 01:41 AM
Caught Floyd eyeing this beauty in Quartzsite the other day! :D

Unless there are 2 of these busses with a Volkswagen bus, I saw this thing in Yellowstone in about 1990. I also saw it at Quartzsite yesterday.

On my way out of Quartzsite to go visit the slabs and on to Indio (spotlight 29 Casino - virtually unlimited parking lot boondocking), I saw LOTS of Heartlands. Many Bighorns, a few Landmarks, and one Big Country. I usually flash my lights at oncoming Heartlands as a greeting.

TandT
01-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Just one more comment and I will put this to rest.

Teri and I are back in our winter desert spot in California and have had a moment to reflect on the events of the past week, after spending 3 additional days at Lake Havasu.

We wanted to thank everyone who attended the 1st annual HOC Quartzsite campout (and potluck). Those of you who were there, all made it a great success. I think most will agree it was a good time.

We are planning to make this a rally next year, so mark it on your calendars. It is for 1 week sometime between Jan 15th and Jan 30th, 2014. More details later.

Thanks again! Trace

Bob&Patty
01-28-2013, 11:26 AM
WOOOOOOPIE, a new chapter leader.

TandT
01-28-2013, 11:41 AM
WOOOOOOPIE, a new chapter leader.

Okay, nice try Bob.......

Floyd has Arizona. :) Trace

jayc
01-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Good job Trace...wish we could have made it.

FLOYD PHILBROOK
01-28-2013, 12:53 PM
I nominate trace and terri for wagon master. GREAT JOB

randgwarn
01-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Gail and I want to thank you and Terri for setting up such a good campout in Brenda, we really enjoyed our week there. The potluck, the evening get togethers, the short drive to the activity in Quartzite to go shopping and the Black Rock Cafe could not have been better and we look forward to the next time. One highlight of our week there was the field repair on our front landing gear by Floyd, it made the rest of our trip more enjoyable without needing to use a hydraulic jack and jackstand to unhook and hookup the Bighorn. The repair is still working good. Thanks again Floyd!

Ray and Gail Warness

NorthCal Bob
01-29-2013, 01:30 AM
Hi Terry and Trace, Bo and I got home yesterday, what a great week in Quartzside. Thanks for the invite to the campout, good friends, good food and the great new people we met. You and Terry really did a great job as Wagon Master. We had a fun time. Thanks.

funntheson
01-29-2013, 07:38 AM
Thanks Bob.

Thanks to everyone who came to the campout and the potluck to make it a great success.
We are planning to make this an annual event.

Trace

We might have to try to make this next year.

TandT
01-30-2013, 11:56 AM
We might have to try to make this next year.

Larry, I hope you guys do make it next year.

Thanks everyone for all the positive comments. Trace

Gaffer
01-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Just a thought for next year. The first week of February Quartzsite has the Rock and Roll, Hot Rod event. Maybe have the rally that week and we could have a Super Bowl party as well. Just saying.

hogwaii
01-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Looks like Greg and Rhonda missed a good trip to Quartzite. I need to get on the Forum more often. Read about the trip just as we were getting ready to leave on the same dates to Silver Strand State Beach in Imperial Beach/Coronado for 4 days then on to KQ Ranch in Julian, CA. for 3 days. I toured the website and the campground you stayed in looks really nice. We have never been to Quartzsite to camp in any month and this is definitely on our list. Sorry we missed it.

Greg and Rhonda
hogwaii

TXTiger
01-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Next time you are camping in San Diego County let me know. I live near the stadium and also ride a harley.

Looks like Greg and Rhonda missed a good trip to Quartzite. I need to get on the Forum more often. Read about the trip just as we were getting ready to leave on the same dates to Silver Strand State Beach in Imperial Beach/Coronado for 4 days then on to KQ Ranch in Julian, CA. for 3 days. I toured the website and the campground you stayed in looks really nice. We have never been to Quartzsite to camp in any month and this is definitely on our list. Sorry we missed it.

Greg and Rhonda
hogwaii

TandT
01-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Just a thought for next year. The first week of February Quartzsite has the Rock and Roll, Hot Rod event. Maybe have the rally that week and we could have a Super Bowl party as well. Just saying.

PJ,
It's certainly something to consider. Although I think a lot of folks really enjoyed the RV show.
Maybe we can catch the end of the RV show (best deals) and hang around for the one's you mentioned.
I'll check it out.
Trace

Gaffer
02-01-2013, 11:03 AM
This year the Rock and Roll and Hot Rods is the weekend after the RV show ends so it woud be possible to do both. BTW I contacted Wes Reed who did the entertainment at the SOCAL rally in Solvang a couple of Octobers back. He sold his Cyclone and bought a park model in Apache Junct. He lives in Central Oregon so we are going to hook up this summer. He does have a smaller traver trailer (SOB) so I invited him to the Oregon Rally to see old friends.

TandT
02-01-2013, 11:18 AM
PJ, Okay great. Maybe we can really make this thing a happening by next year. Trace

hogwaii
02-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Next time you are camping in San Diego County let me know. I live near the stadium and also ride a harley.

I will let you know. Silver Strand State Beach is very nice. It's about to get nicer. Before, it's all dry camping. The campground is shutting down in March for a month to put in water and electrical at each site. There will be a dump station nearby. We will be going back. We had 5 RV's on this trip. 4 were SOB's.
.........Greg Hall

rarnold
02-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Just wanted to chime in on the end of our Quartzsite experience and how great a job Trace & Terri did. We had a super group, fun times, and a great happy hour almost every night where we just got together and talked.

We sure will try to make next year's camp-out. Maybe the Wednesday of the RV show to the following Sat/Sun of the car show. 7-10 days out here is a great way to spend part of a January.

Thanks again TandT for a DYNAMITE (TnT) job. Here's to Heartland's Newest WagonMaster.

Rod

TandT
02-02-2013, 02:08 AM
Just wanted to chime in on the end of our Quartzsite experience and how great a job Trace & Terri did. We had a super group, fun times, and a great happy hour almost every night where we just got together and talked.

We sure will try to make next year's camp-out. Maybe the Wednesday of the RV show to the following Sat/Sun of the car show. 7-10 days out here is a great way to spend part of a January.

Thanks again TandT for a DYNAMITE (TnT) job. Here's to Heartland's Newest WagonMaster.

Rod

Thank you Rod. Trace