PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Decatur - 10/24/2013 to 10/27/2013

hogan
02-05-2013, 07:52 AM
2901 Point Mallard Drive SE, Decatur, Alabama 35602

Venue:
------------------------------

Mallard Point Campground
2901 Point Mallard Drive SE
Decatur, Alabama 35602
256-341-4826 (tel:256-341-4826)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $0
WiFi available: No
WiFi Fee: $

Details:

Number of sites held: 20
Site fee: $20.69 per night. Tell them you are with Heartland Rally.
Club Member Event fee: $0
Non-Club Member fee: $20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 10/25/2013
Potluck time: 5:15p

Event Leader: hogan(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=9095)

Additional Info:
-----------------------
NOTE: CHANGE OF VENUE - NOW IN ALABAMA!

Attendees List:
-------------------

Hogan & Donna Cooper (hogan - 1649) Tupelo, MS
Malcolm & Valerie Talley (mct - 2267) Wetumpka, AL
Jerry & Lily Worth (Gizzy - 1542) Montgomery, AL
Bob & Barb Mansolino (bobemuzzy - 2023) Hartselle, AL
Kim & Dot Miranda (Kimdot - 1977) Merritt Island, FL
Barry & Amy Titus (mandotar - 1948) Indianapolis, IN
Denny & Ann Olvany (olvany - 1194) Carriere, MS
Dave Yocum & Julie Hancock (davebennington - 1006) Bracey, VA
Ken & Faye Hyde (krhyde - 2061) Shelbyville, KY
Bill & Jan Raber (jan&bill 157) Attalla, AL
Tom & Millie Combs ncc1701e 1820 Sebree, KY
Wayne & Anita Cooper GETnBYE 1217 Scottsboro, AL

Gizzy
02-05-2013, 11:18 AM
I was wondering if/when the Fall rally would happen. Lily and I plan to be there (as of now). When should we make reservations, now?

hogan
02-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Gizzy, no need to worry about a reservation until later. I think the Reservation system is not available until 6 months prior to arrival date. Plus, they hold your money all that time. The history for population in the campground is always light in late October. Also, I noticed the map posted is somewhere in Kansas. Have not figured that out yet.

MCTalley
03-27-2013, 08:26 PM
Go ahead and put Malcolm and Val Talley on the list (2267).

Not sure on days yet, but at least all the rally dates. May arrive earlier.

Nabo
03-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Oh cool - not too far from where we are camping in Decatur, AL. Got to put this down on our calendar.

hogan
07-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Byrd, Yall are just down the holler from Piney Grove COE campground. It is one of our favorite scenic campgrounds, and beautiful lake on Tenn-Tom waterway. Let me know when you want me to officially list you as an attendee. This spot is close to Tennessee also so we would love to have the Volunteers come down. Hogan

hogan
07-20-2013, 06:06 AM
Good to hear from Kim and Dottie Miranda. They officially have committed to attend the AlaMissiBamaSsippi Fall Rally at Piney Grove campground near New Site, MS. The campground will be off reservation system during October so no need to do a reservation. Did I mention Kim and Dottie will be coming in early? We will be there early too.

hogan
07-25-2013, 07:40 AM
We have Rally folks coming from Indiana. Barry and Amy Titus will join us as part of their travels south. Can't think of a better way to start the fall season. The usual weather for this time of year is warm comfortable days, cool campfire nights. Will Elvis visit us?

TomMar
08-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Hogan;
Marti and I have been trying to figure when we could go see her kin folks in Corinth and now your rally pops up. We are checking work schedules and will know better Monday. We'll let you know then but its possible some rednecks from Texas could show up.

Stay safe:):)

hogan
08-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Well, from my perspective, there is no better time to visit Corinth, MS than during late October. Fall is in the air but still nice warm days for outdoors activities. And from Piney Grove campground, you can be in Corinth in about 25 minutes. Sounds like a good plan to me. I will be watching the mail on Monday.

krhyde
08-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Hogan, Faye and I will be there. Plan to arrive on Tues. the 22nd and leave on Tues. the 29th. Do we need to make reservations?

hogan
08-04-2013, 05:09 AM
Ken, So happy to hear you and Faye will be with us for our Fall Rally at Piney Grove campground near New Site, Mississippi. And also glad to hear you will be arriving early. You do not need to worry about doing a reservation for your visit to Piney Grove. Although you can look online through the Recreation.gov for information on the campground; maps and such, the campground stops using reservations after Labor Day so it is FCFS. We should not have any problem getting our sites for the Rally adjacent to the Pavilion especially since many of us are arriving early. Those of us who have Senior Access cards can stay for half price. $11 bucks on the water or $10 with a water view (also known as across the street. We will post more information as we get closer to Rally time. Donna and I are headed to Piney this Wednesday on our way home from our northern excursion. Look forward to seeing you at the Rally. Hogan

hogan
08-05-2013, 05:03 AM
How do you carry the kayaks? Great kayaking on thr lake at Piney Grove. You can go to Gulf of Mexico or Lake Michigan, your choice.

TomMar
08-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Well, from my perspective, there is no better time to visit Corinth, MS than during late October. Fall is in the air but still nice warm days for outdoors activities. And from Piney Grove campground, you can be in Corinth in about 25 minutes. Sounds like a good plan to me. I will be watching the mail on Monday.

Hogan - At this time things look pretty good for us making the trip. The work schedule is clear at this time but there are rumblings it could change by the time of the rally. We will either lock in or out at a minimum of 30 days before the rally.

We carry the Kayaks on Yakama racks on top of the truck. If we don't carry the scooter I have a "T" bar that supports them farther forward.

:confused::confused:

hogan
08-06-2013, 05:48 PM
No need to worry about the 30 day thing. The campground does not use reservations after Labor Day. I will put you on the list and if you see you can't make it, just let me know before the Rally so we won't be worried about you. Look forward to seeing you.

hogan
08-07-2013, 04:18 AM
Happy to add two rigs to the attendees list. Dave Yokum, our Southeastern Regional Director and Julie Hancock, the Club Manager are bringing their Classic Landmark to Piney Grove. And more celebrities, Tom and Marti Mangrum, South Texas Chapter Leaders plan to be with us also. So happy to have participation from other states at our Rallies.

hogan
08-08-2013, 05:47 AM
We are set up at Piney Grove now and checking out everything in preparation for the October Rally. I can report that it is hot here in Mississippi, but by Rally time we will have great fall temperatures, just right for evening campfires. Talked to the Ranger in charge of the campgrounds in this region and told him we expect over 20 rigs for our Fall Rally.
If you plan to extend you stay beyond October 27th, be advised that you can only stay in the campground until October 31st. The COE plans to close the campground for the winter on November 1st. In previous years, it remained open until December 1st.

wildwolfproducts
09-05-2013, 07:53 PM
You can add us to the list. Not far from home and its a nice place. Do you have an ideal on what section everyone will be in? Were in Crossville this weekend.
Pete

hogan
09-06-2013, 02:54 AM
Hey Pete, Great to have you join in the party. Look forward to seeing you at the Rally. Now to answer your question. We will be in the south loop of the campground where there is a circle of campsites situated around a Gazebo. There are several sites in that circle then immediately outside the circle are many more sites that adjoin so we will have plenty of sites for our Rally. I will be posting a list of the sites we will utilize soon. The campground will not be using the reservation system during October, so it is first come first pick on campsites. We have been in this campground for many years in October and getting our sites will not be a problem. I have mentioned on the thread that many of us are arriving early; some as early as the Sunday before Rally, October 20th. If you can make it early, that would be great. Let me know what day you expect to arrive. Big Rally going on in Crossville? Have Fun.

wildwolfproducts
09-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Looks like a great turnout here at Crossville Tn.

I plan on getting there early in the week, not sure what day yet. As its not far from home and may bring the boat along and try to catch some Crappie. May even fry up some if any are caught.
Were camping at Pickwick Dam Tn a week from monday, are you the one that stopped by our site last fall below the dam? Then home 2 weeks then Iuka ms for a week. Then bay springs.
Pete

TomMar
09-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Hogan - At this time things look pretty good for us making the trip. The work schedule is clear at this time but there are rumblings it could change by the time of the rally. We will either lock in or out at a minimum of 30 days before the rally.We carry the Kayaks on Yakama racks on top of the truck. If we don't carry the scooter I have a "T" bar that supports them farther forward.:confused::confused:Hogan - I regret to say my schedule has shifted and we will not be able to attend this rally. We'll keep our eyes open for another one. Y'all have a good one and we'll see ya later.Tom

hogan
09-08-2013, 05:12 AM
Tom, sorry you won't be able to make the Piney Grove Rally. Great location and looking forward to really nice Fall weather. Start planning for the Spring Rally which will be held around the 3rd week of April at Gulf State Park, Gulf Shores, Alabama. Watch for announcement on date soon.

JanAndBill
10-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Hogan, we are in Sevierville, TN this week, and this morning they closed the National Park, all of the access roads through the park, and even the scenic overlooks. The people in the park campgrounds were told to leave "immediately". When we went to the COE site today we got a message that the site was closed because of lack of funding. Obviously our goverment is trying to make things as difficult as they can on the taxpayers, so do you have an alternative in mind.

wildwolfproducts
10-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Was about to ask the same question, as I know All other Corp sites are shut down. And everyone has to be out of them before noon today. Don't think this will last over a week. But if it does, some of the state parks and TVA sites are seeing lots of people from these other sites that have shut down. So Sites may be hard to come by. Have a fishing trip This sunday until Wed in Grenada lake ms. But finding a site to set up in is looking like no deal.

Nabo
10-02-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm currently in Point Mallard RV campground in Decatur, AL which is a county operated cg that is still open. Since it's a county park, it's not effected by the shut-down and not that far from the COE site in MS. Hogan - it might be a possibility to move the rally here. They still have all 4 loops (a-d) open which has 233 total sites. Just a thought.

GETnBYE
10-02-2013, 11:41 AM
I'm currently in Point Mallard RV campground in Decatur, AL which is a county operated cg that is still open. Since it's a county park, it's not effected by the shut-down and not that far from the COE site in MS. Hogan - it might be a possibility to move the rally here. They still have all 4 loops (a-d) open which has 233 total sites. Just a thought.
Bird, Is that campground level roads and paved that make for good bike riding?? We are still thinking we might be able to make the rally, but it is not for sure yet. Being closer to us would def. be a plus.

hogan
10-02-2013, 02:00 PM
http://pointmallardpark.com/camp-ground.php Click on the preceding link to check out the new location for the Fall Rally of AlaMissiBamaSsippi Chapter. The Dates are the same OCTOBER 24-27. The location has been moved by a few miles (maybe 60 miles east) to Mallard Point Campground in Decatur, Alabama. For those planning to arrive early, like us, it will still be great idea. This is a full hook-up park and they have reserved 15 spots for us. More if we need them. The phone number to call in your reservations is 256-341-4826 and the folks are very gracious and accommodating. Thanks so much to Byrd Mathis for offering this suggestion. And I am sorry to have to move the Rally like this, but our Government seems to think there games should cause the citizens the most discomfort and imposition. I will try to get an email out to everyone on the Attendees list tonight, but here is the early warning. Let's make it a great Rally. Look forward to seeing each and everyone of you. Hogan and Donna Cooper.

Nabo
10-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Not a problem Hogan and glad to help out. Go ahead and put us down in that we are already here.

Nita - bring the bikes. Lots of paved and hard gravel trails (over 17 miles of hiking/biking trails). Every morning while I'm walking the dogs, lots of bikers out. Also anyone wanting to play golf or tennis, there is an 18 hole couse, 12 tennis courts and a driving range. Ya'll come on down.
Byrd

hogan
10-02-2013, 03:37 PM
WooHoo!!! We're gonna have a party.....yeah, yeah, yeah....gonna have a party..Yes, we are.

Nabo
10-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Oh and I forgot the indoor ice skating rink. I havent checked but maybe they have disco night on Friday. Anyone up for skating?

hogan
10-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Depends on how my broken ribs are doing. Probably don't need to risk it but who knows. Might be fun.

ncc1701e
10-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Not a problem Hogan and glad to help out. Go ahead and put us down in that we are already here.

Nita - bring the bikes. Lots of paved and hard gravel trails (over 17 miles of hiking/biking trails). Every morning while I'm walking the dogs, lots of bikers out. Also anyone wanting to play golf or tennis, there is an 18 hole couse, 12 tennis courts and a driving range. Ya'll come on down.
Byrd

Byrd, is the park you guys are using as a base while Nathan works there?

JanAndBill
10-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Mark us down on being there, unless something unforseen comes up. Will call and get our reservations this week.

Nabo
10-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Tom and Millie - yes, this is our home base while Nathan is working on the steel mill. The campground is just off of I-65, pretty ez on/off. We use the exit #340 (I-565 to huntsville, hwy 72 to decatur) to Decatur and follow the Point Mallard Park signs. Not sure when your surgery is scheduled but hope ya'll can make it down.

ncc1701e
10-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Tom and Millie - yes, this is our home base while Nathan is working on the steel mill. The campground is just off of I-65, pretty ez on/off. We use the exit #340 (I-565 to huntsville, hwy 72 to decatur) to Decatur and follow the Point Mallard Park signs. Not sure when your surgery is scheduled but hope ya'll can make it down.

We are discussing the possibility. Have a prior promise to meet some friends that may put us camping around Nashville a few days before the rally.

Nabo
10-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Tom - Nashville is about 90 minutes from here.

GETnBYE
10-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Depends on how my broken ribs are doing. Probably don't need to risk it but who knows. Might be fun.
Hogan, Did we miss something? When/how did you get broken ribs?? Hope you are o.k.

hogan
10-03-2013, 05:56 AM
The day after we returned from Florida, September 23rd, I rode the cycle downtown to visit my barber friend. Returning home for lunch, I was turning off McCulloch Blvd onto Mt. Vernon road when my tires entered a strip of fresh wet concrete that had just been spilled by a mixing truck. I didn't see it since I was watching for traffic. The cycle went down so fast I didn't have time to do anything, a good thing as it turned out, and I slid on my right arm, leg, and shoulder about 30 feet. Bike did not sustain much damage; I did. Spent four hours in ER that day then three days later started having severe pain in back. Back to ER and this time the X-rays revealed two broken ribs just under shoulder blade. Doc said it would take about a month for the ribs to knit back, if I am careful and don't continue to re-injure. I am doing pretty good for last few days, go back to doctor today for follow-up.

Lou_and_Bette
10-03-2013, 08:50 AM
So sorry to hear about your incident Hogan. Take it easy for a while, you will not regret it later. Bette

VKTalley
10-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Hogan, take good care of yourself and do what the doctor orders.

wildwolfproducts
10-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Hate to hear about the bike wreck. Sure miss mine a lot these days. May be in town next week, Guy we go to church with ran a big truck off the road on HWY 25 this Monday I think. Hes in the ICU there and may try to run down next week and see him.
Wheres harbor Freight there? Never been to it in Tupelo.
As for the Rally, will know this weekend what days we can show up. But thinking it will be Friday evening when we get there. Marilyn has to work until noon and then its a whole 2 hours 15 minutes there.
What time is the dinner on friday? Thinking about throwing a BRisket on the smoker for it, that or boston butts for BBQ.
Pete

davebennington
10-03-2013, 06:25 PM
We registered today we are coming in on the 24th leaving the 31st. See you soon.

dave & Julie

hogan
10-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Hate to hear about the bike wreck. Sure miss mine a lot these days. May be in town next week, Guy we go to church with ran a big truck off the road on HWY 25 this Monday I think. Hes in the ICU there and may try to run down next week and see him.
Wheres harbor Freight there? Never been to it in Tupelo.
As for the Rally, will know this weekend what days we can show up. But thinking it will be Friday evening when we get there. Marilyn has to work until noon and then its a whole 2 hours 15 minutes there.
What time is the dinner on friday? Thinking about throwing a BRisket on the smoker for it, that or boston butts for BBQ.
Pete
Harbor Freight is on West Main near Thomas Street intersection. We will be in Arkansas next week checking on our parents. The smoked Butt sounds really good. Hopefully you guys will be there in time for Pot Luck. See you soon.

Nabo
10-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Anyone up for golf??? How about friday afternoon?
Nathan

kimdot
10-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Not interested in golf, but have a question for you. We are currently in Iowa and we are thinking about going to the Nashville area before heading to Decatur. Have you ever stayed at Nashville Country RV park in Goodlettsville or Two Rivers in Nashville? Or can recommend any other parks?

Thanks

Anyone up for golf??? How about friday afternoon?
Nathan

MCTalley
10-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Val and I have reservations at Mallard Point for the 23rd to 27th.

I could probably muddle my way through a round of golf, Nathan. Whichever day works out.

Nabo
10-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Kimdot - Two Rivers is the smallest but I think the nicest of the 3 campgrounds on Music Road. Then I would pick Yogi Bear which is right next door. Even tho the National Rally was held at the KOA in 2010, it's not our favorite. Haven't been to Nashville Country RV park so can't make a yea or nay on it.

Malcolm - would love to play with you again. The golf course is only about 1/8 mile from the cg so anyone else????

VKTalley
10-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Hogan and/or Donna, can you give me the run down on what food is needed for the rally? Are we having a potluck? I will be menu planning this weekend for the next several weeks and need to know what to buy. If you have already posted something about this....point me in the correct direction of the post.

Thanks!!

kimdot
10-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Kimdot - Two Rivers is the smallest but I think the nicest of the 3 campgrounds on Music Road. Then I would pick Yogi Bear which is right next door. Even tho the National Rally was held at the KOA in 2010, it's not our favorite. Haven't been to Nashville Country RV park so can't make a yea or nay on it.

Malcolm - would love to play with you again. The golf course is only about 1/8 mile from the cg so anyone else????

Thanks for the info on the campgrounds.

wildwolfproducts
10-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Life and work is getting in our way. So looks like we have to back out on this one. Sure hate to, but found out today work and family is blocking that weekend.
Have fun and looking forward to many of these in the future.
Pete

JanAndBill
10-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Mark us down on being there, unless something unforseen comes up. Will call and get our reservations this week.

Just made the reservations, arriving on the 24th departing on the 28th.

JanAndBill
10-11-2013, 02:22 PM
Byrd-

We had planned on coming in on Hwy 67 up to Hwy 31. Is there a good route over to Point Mallard from 31 or should we just take I65 up to Hwy 72 then come south on Point Mallard Parkway?

Nabo
10-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Jan - hwy 67 to hwy 31 is good. Do not follow directions on gps, will take you into a subdivision that you can not make the turn with a 5th wheel. Come up hwy 31 to 8th str and turn right onto 8th. If you miss 8th, that's ok, just come up to church st and turn right. Both road merge together right before the park.
B---

Nabo
10-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Jan - Nathan reminded me that 8th str is a single lane turn & can be a little tight. Church st is a 2 lane road with an ez'r turn so you can pick your poison.

ncc1701e
10-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Byrd, Looking at the maps, I'm thinking exit off I65S onto US72/I565; follow that around to Church Street, go east (basically) to 19th and Point Mallard Drive. Does this make sense guys? Looks like I'll be making reservations tomorrow getting in on the 24th leaving on 27th. We'd like to stay a little longer but have to be back in Nashville to meet some friends who are traveling from Iowa with their camper. I'm sure our rally leader will pick up on this posting without an email. Looking forward to see old friends and making a few new ones. Tom & Millie

Nabo
10-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Tom - you are correct. After you cross the TN River, it's the second stop light turning left onto Church St (the stop lights are real close together so be in the left lane crossing the bridge). This road name changes to 19th street in front of a old mill named Hyuong, at least I think its spelled right. Just follow the 4 lanes passed the golf course (on left) and will be at Point Mallard. Go straight thru the stop sign and the road dead ends at the campground.

JanAndBill
10-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Jan - Nathan reminded me that 8th str is a single lane turn & can be a little tight. Church st is a 2 lane road with an ez'r turn so you can pick your poison.

In looking at the map, it looks like I could take 8th to 19th, then turn north on 19th which would dead end at Point Mallard Drive. Is that route ok??. Where is the single lane turn on 8th that Nathan spoke of - Is it where 8th merges on to Point Mallard Drive?

GETnBYE
10-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Add Wayne and Anita to the list.......for now. Wayne has had surgery again on his hand and it was worse this time, so we may have to cancel yet.

Nabo
10-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Jan - 8th St is a single lane road until it merges with Church/19th. Church st (off hwy 31) is a 4 lane road which changes it name to 19th about half way down. 19th dead ends into the park and campground.

Its crazy here this weekend in that the park is having camper appreciation week with all kinds of activities from pet walks, cake bakes, costume contest, etc. The campground is 2/3rd full with many more campers coming in. This will be going on thru next Sunday.

VKTalley
10-13-2013, 07:09 PM
Ok, I am needing to know what food will be needed for Rally....will be menu planning and making my grocery list soon. Can someone let me know, please????

Add Wayne and Anita to the list.......for now. Wayne has had surgery again on his hand and it was worse this time, so we may have to cancel yet.

Anita, tell Wayne to take good care of that hand!!!

hogan
10-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Just made the reservations, arriving on the 24th departing on the 28th.
Great to have everyone coming. How about we do an Italian theme for the Pot Luck on Friday night? Even my sweet wife is in favor; actually suggested it. So here is opportunity to show your Italian favorites.

ncc1701e
10-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Finally got around to making reservations. We'll be in on Thursday and head out to Nashville on Sunday afternoon. Tom & Millie

VKTalley
10-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Great to have everyone coming. How about we do an Italian theme for the Pot Luck on Friday night? Even my sweet wife is in favor; actually suggested it. So here is opportunity to show your Italian favorites.

Sounds great, Hogan!!! I will bring a Baked Ziti casserole.

Nabo
10-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Hey Hogan - can you kind of update the attendee list - please? Just checking to see who/how many are coming. Thanks

kimdot
10-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Hogan

I can bring stuffed shells for the Friday potluck.

hogan
10-16-2013, 09:14 AM
STUFFED with Oysters?

kimdot
10-16-2013, 09:39 AM
How about ricotta cheese and spinach instead?

Dottie

hogan
10-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Yummy!

hogan
10-21-2013, 06:27 AM
Bob and Barb Mansolino are bring Italian Macaroni and Cheese. And Bob's sister will be attending. We are in the park in loop C. Site 123 next door to Kim and Dottie. Great park.

JanAndBill
10-21-2013, 10:02 AM
The Raber's will bring Pasta Salad and Italian Cream Cake.

ncc1701e
10-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Regrettably, we have had to alter our plans and will not be able to make the rally.

Nabo
10-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Awww Tom and Millie - sad that ya'll can't come but understand. Hope to see you soon.

MCTalley
10-22-2013, 08:17 PM
We'll see you all tomorrow noon or after (or at least those that are already there).

GETnBYE
10-22-2013, 09:13 PM
We will be delayed in getting there. Just got news of the passing of my Aunt. The arrangements are set for tomorrow.
Not sure if we will be there tomorrow, but Thursday for sure.

hogan
10-23-2013, 05:15 AM
Sorry to hear about your Aunt, Nita. We will be watching for you; Travel Safely. Malcolm and Valarie, we will see you later today.

davebennington
10-23-2013, 09:15 AM
We ae on our way, we should be there sometime tomorrow.

dave

hogan
10-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Come on over Dave and Julie. Great park. Bring your coats and blankets.

jbeletti
10-23-2013, 10:11 AM
My friends at the AlaMissiBamaSsippi rally this weekend - have a great time!

JanAndBill
10-23-2013, 05:08 PM
The Rabers are here #216, warming up in front of the fireplace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

VKTalley
10-23-2013, 07:48 PM
I agree with the fireplace!!! Started ours going not too long after we got here today just after 1p. We are in site #121, situated between Hogan & Donna and Wayne & Anita.

GETnBYE
10-23-2013, 08:48 PM
We are "both" here now. I wonder if my Tacoma will pull the Big Country back home. LOL
As for the weather, a fire will be nice or we may have to do some socializing in restaurants.............no cooking!!

JanAndBill
10-24-2013, 08:45 AM
I agree with the fireplace!!! Started ours going not too long after we got here today just after 1p. We are in site #121, situated between Hogan & Donna and Wayne & Anita.

Is this where most of the group will be??? When we made reservations we specified we were with the Heartland Group, and when we checked in we told them again. After trying to thread around trees on 3 different sites we finally got into this one. Unhooked, slides out, and discovered no power on half the coach. They had to rebuild the pedestal. Now we are like a lost duck in a sea of Newmar coaches. Obviously the young lady that checked us in was confused and didn't know the difference between Heartland and Newmar??? She also told us Shelter A was our meeting site, is that correct?

davebennington
10-24-2013, 06:48 PM
We made it!!! We are on site #144 nice park and the roads are great for biking.

dave

VKTalley
10-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Is this where most of the group will be??? When we made reservations we specified we were with the Heartland Group, and when we checked in we told them again. After trying to thread around trees on 3 different sites we finally got into this one. Unhooked, slides out, and discovered no power on half the coach. They had to rebuild the pedestal. Now we are like a lost duck in a sea of Newmar coaches. Obviously the young lady that checked us in was confused and didn't know the difference between Heartland and Newmar??? She also told us Shelter A was our meeting site, is that correct?

Hi Jan and Bill, just in case no one told you….we will be at the shelter here closest to Hogan and Donna's rig. I think it's Shelter C.

davebennington
10-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Everyone had a good time, it could have been a little warmer but it is winter, coats and sweaters was the attire of the day. I did not get a count from Hogan as how many rigs we had in attendance, my guess would be about 10. Almost everyone has left, the only ones left are Nathan & Byrd and ourselves.
Here is the parting shot.

dave

VKTalley
10-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Everyone had a good time, it could have been a little warmer but it is winter, coats and sweaters was the attire of the day. I did not get a count from Hogan as how many rigs we had in attendance, my guess would be about 10. Almost everyone has left, the only ones left are Nathan & Byrd and ourselves.
Here is the parting shot.

dave

Dave, there were a total of 11 Heartland rigs (with one leaving early, before the picture) and 1 SOB who were good friends of Hogan and Donna's. The Travelling Talleys made it to Lexington, KY, to the Kentucky Horse Park safely this afternoon.

GETnBYE
10-27-2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks for another fun rally! Great photo Dave!

JanAndBill
10-28-2013, 07:40 AM
Despite the brisk weather, it was a great rally. Hope everyone had a safe trip to their next destination!