Totally dissatisfied with SDtrucksprings.com

FiremanBill

Rant time... I don't typically put a company on blast but it's going to happen tonight so bear with me...

Last week I ordered a set of Air Lift Air bags for my truck from SDtrucksprings.com. I was having a hard time finding the right part for my truck with the 5th wheel hitch I have mounted in it. So these guys are supposedly the experts on all things concerning truck suspensions so I called them and explained my EXACT setup on my truck. The sales "tech" I talked to said what I needed was this particular part number that works with the Reese Signature series hitch I have. After many questions back and forth and me being very adamant that the hitch mount plates are where all the spring kits I looked at used their mounts. He assured me that this particular kit worked with my hitch. So I go ahead and order it. All the pieces (3 separate shipments) finally arrive today and I get it out of the box and see immediately that it will not work!

So I call them back, talk to the same guy that I did the first time and he ASSURED me it was the right part. This went back and forth a couple times before he suggested I call Air Lift direct and ask them for any tips. SERIOUSLY!

So I call Air Lift and talk to a tech. when I told him what truck/hitch combo I had he immediately told me they sold me the wrong part and that they had told these guys before that this was not the right part for this application! OK now I'm ****ed. (It's too bad you can't buy direct from Air Lift)

So I call SD back and get the same moron again and he say "Oh I'm sorry" , really now, gee thanks

So I have to order the right kit, and wait another week before I get to put it in now. Hopefully I can still get it done before we leave on our vacation pulling the new camper.

Oh, and I have to wait for the email with the return UPS shipping label to wend the wrong part back and they won't refund my charge until the get confirmation it's on the way. They said that email was coming at 5:30 this afternoon. It's now almost 9:30 and no email... So I will probably have to wait til Monday now to get a return label and they will have my money that much longer.

Not happy with these guys and would not recommend anyone doing business with them.

Pizzaguy

Sorry for the troubles you had with SD Truck Springs. I would be unhappy too in your situation. I have ordered bags from them 3 times and had the correct ones every time. I think you just were lucky enough each time you called to get the guy that didn't know what he was doing. Good Luck!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have heard only good things about them too. Funny how one uninformed employee can ruin that perception in a hurry. Trace

FiremanBill

Agree, It seems like it's more than just one person though. If the manufacturer did indeed tell them they were selling the wrong part but they continue to do it then shame on them.

I heard good things about them too, that is why I went with them instead of Etrailer who I have dealt with in the past. I guess I should have stuck with what I knew.

Oh well, live and learn. Hopefully the new set will arrive and all will be well again.

porthole

Retired
I have used SD several times also with no issues.

I have suggested on here several times that the Rv'ers using Fords go on FTE site, Ford Truck Enthusiast and post what kit to the factory. Air Lift maintains a tech adviser on that board who is very helpful, both with info and any issues.

FTE, 6.7 diesel section:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/

FiremanBill

I have used SD several times also with no issues.

I have suggested on here several times that the Rv'ers using Fords go on FTE site, Ford Truck Enthusiast and post what kit to the factory. Air Lift maintains a tech adviser on that board who is very helpful, both with info and any issues.

FTE, 6.7 diesel section:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/

Oh if we only had time to read every post on every forum to find out everything we need to know before we do anything.

ILH

I am a manager who has a staff who deal with the public. Unless the the client alerts me of a problem, I don't always find out about a problem employee. Bottom line - don't just walk away mad, let his manager know. Also, don't just complain, make an educated suggestion on how service can be improved. It's way too easy to dismiss a complainer.

My son hates shopping with me - because when I get poor service, I bring it to the attention of management. It doesn't always work, but I always feel better.

FiremanBill

I already sent an email to their customer service. They are closed until Monday so I suspect I will here something back then.

dbbls59

I bought Air Lifts from them last summer and I received the correct part. I have the factory installed Elite Series hitch in my ford. The left one was a #$%^& to install but it fit. Sorry about your problem. I would be mad also if I was sent the wrong part after I had talked to them and explained the vehicle I had.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
My son hates shopping with me - because when I get poor service, I bring it to the attention of management. It doesn't always work, but I always feel better.
I take it a step further. I ALWAYS let a manager know when an employee stands out by providing exceptional service!

FiremanBill

Just talked with Customer service at SD and they were very apologetic for what transpired. The new kit will ship out tomorrow direct from Air Lift and hopefully all will work out in the end.

Still have not received the return shipping label but they assured me that will be in my email shortly. As of now they are sitting on 2 piles of my money still.

FiremanBill

Just a follow up, I did finally get the right kit and got it and the compressor installed over the weekend. Everything is working like a champ and can't wait to hook the rig up and see how she does. Heading for Georgia on the 19th so may run up the road this weekend just to get the right setup dialed in.

I am somewhat disappointed still as I shipped the wrong set back Last Monday, 8 days ago, and have yet to have them refund my money for that purchase, even though they said they would as soon as they got the tracking number which I sent them as soon as I dropped them off.

In my last post they seemed very apologetic and ready to make it right but holding on to my money still is not helping to remedy that situation.