2013 BH 3610RE tire upgrade

Gary F

Pulled the trigger on a 13 3610. The rig got E rated Towmax tires on it with aluminum wheels. Thinking about G rated tire upgrade. Not having the trailer yet to determine if the factory wheels can handle this. I pose the question to the forum?

Are the 16 x 6J aluminum factory wheels on the 2013 rated for 110 psi or 80 psi?. Wheels look identical to a Landmark parked next to the 3610. Difference between the two are G rated Goodyear's and E rated Towmax tires with 110 psi and 80 psi pressure advisories.

Thanks.

danemayer

Gary,

Some people have found that they have wheels rated at 110psi with LR E tires rated at 80psi. But given that Heartland is free to make production changes at any time, you really shouldn't count on what other people have gotten in the past. If you want to upgrade, have it done at the factory. Contact your dealer and have them put in the change order right now. As a bonus, you won't have to deal with getting rid of the Towmax tires.

Gary F

Dan,

The trailer im buying is on the lot. Got a great deal on a 2013 left over since 2014's are also on the lot. Deal is so stripped down there was no room for negotiating a tire upgrade.

Thanks for the response.

Gary

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Gary... The psi rating is stamped on the inside of the wheel. If they are 110psi (good chance they are if they look like the Landmarks.... 8 lugs?) then find a deal for the goodyears and sell the towmax on craigslist. It might cost you a few bucks, but most people will say it's worth it. Don't forget to have your wheels & tires balanced either way. They don't come balanced. And you might want to consider a tire pressure monitoring system. And don't forget the electrical management system. Boy I could just keep on spending your money for you, it's too much fun! Good Luck!

Garypowell

If you don't want to climb under you can take a picture of the rim and email it it Treat it tire (heartlands supplier) and once they see it they will tell you....I would call them first to set it up. They offered to do this and gave me an answer in minutes.

Be careful when you purchase and from whom. I got a great price at a passenger car place but they knew nothing about the pressure I needed nor the valve stems I needed. Cost me a couple of hours to make sure of my knowledge because of what they were telling me. A good example is they started to put on standard valve stems and told me there were no metal or high pressure stems to fit my rims.....it all turned out OK since treadit straightened them out for me.

Gary F

Thanks Gary,

Did exactly that. Called and emailed. Good news for me, meaning I can mount g rated tires and inflate to 110psi. Adam at tredit advised me wheels on the 3610 are the same that are on the Landmark.

Gary F

caissiel

Per my TPMS temperature difference on my G rated tires at different pressures I would not drive out of the dealer lot. You need 110lbs pressure in tires to carry the load. The trailer did alright for delivery at about 12500lbs. But load your stuff and 80 lbs will not do it. My own opinion. Plus the road friction is so much better with proper air pressure of 110lbs.

Sent from my U8666-51 using Tapatalk 2