PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TN, Sevierville - 5/9/2014 to 5/11/2014

Pages : [1] 2

Nabo
09-14-2013, 01:53 PM
3293 Wears Valley Road, Sevierville, TN 37862

Venue:
------------------------------

Cove Creek RV Resort
3293 Wears Valley Road
Sevierville, TN 37862
Sandy Cain 1-877-570-2683 toll free
www.covecreekrvresort.com (http://www.covecreekrvresort.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $0
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $0

Details:

Number of sites held: 25 (4-3-14: The campground has only 5 sites left in the campground so make your reservations quickly)
Site fee: $$40.00 concrete pads (normally $55), $25.00 (normally $40) gravel per night plus tax. Tell the campground you will be coming in with the Heartland Rally. Please let us know when you make your reservation with the site #. (Cancellation policy - 48 hours prior to your date of arrival, registration fee minus the credit card processing fees.)
Club Member Event fee: $0.00
Non-Club Member fee: $20.00 (payable to the chapter leaders; refunded if joining the Heartland Owners Club during or the rally)
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: Friday evening - Finger food to share.
Saturday evening - BBQ pulled pork and cake provided by HOC. Bring a side dish to share. Plates, eating utensils and napkins provided. Bring your favorite beverage.

Event Leader: Nathan & Byrd Mathis Nabo(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=4998)

Heartland Gives Back

This rally is helping a small Children's Home in the valley called Wears Valley Ranch. This is a home for children who have lost their home thru no fault of their doing. It might be that their parents were having financial problems, lost their home, or imprisoned. These children sometimes come to the home with a suitcase but most of the time with nothing.

Things that we can help the home with is:
Toothpaste
Toothbrushes (go to your dentist and ask for donations)
Toilet paper (lots and lots)
Paper towels
Towels
Hand towels
Hair brushes
Combs
Twin size sheets

The website for the Wears Valley Ranch is: http://wvr.org (http://wvr.org/)
There is an Amazon wish list if you would like to make a donation. Website is:http://wishlist.wvr.org/

Additional Info:
Iteniary:

Friday Morning - Golf - Sevierville Golf Club, Highland Course. 8:40 & 8:50 am tee times.
Friday Evening - 6:30 pm - Meet-N-Greet, Clubhouse. Bring an appetizer or finger food to share.
After the Meet-N-Greet, there will be games to play lead by Bobby and Linda Eanes.
50/50 raffle - get your tickets now for Saturday night drawing. The more you enter, the more chances you have to win.

Saturday - 9:30 am - Demonstration on taking care of your solid surface counter tops by Bob Mansolino. Location to be announced. (Might need someone to volunteer their camper.)
RVs For Less is bringing Landmarks for touring/display.
10:30 - 12:00-ish - Jim Cogdill Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram bringing a new 2014 truck for display.
Afternnon - Tour Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg on your own.
6:30 pm - Potluck supper. Heartland Owners Club is providing the BBQ pulled pork and a cake. Everyone please bring a side dish (feed about 8 people) to share. Also bring your favorite beverage. Plates, napkins, eating utensils will be provided.
Guest speaker from Wears Valley Ranch
TN Chapter Meeting - immediately after the supper program

Drawing for Coach-Net Emergency Roadside Assistance.
50/50 Drawing - If you haven't participated in a 50/50 drawing, this is your chance. Buy a ticket or as many tickets as you wont and if your number is drawn, you will win half of all the money collected. The other half will be used to help fund the rally. Handled by Shelia and Ron Brown.
Misc games afterwards. Bring your favorite game or cards to play.

Sunday - 8 - 9 am - Continental breakfast by the pool

As you make your reservations, please let us know your site number.

RVs For Less is giving a free 12 months membership to Thousand Trails to any attendees (a $525 value) who currently don't have this membership.

T-Shirts: $11.00 - sizes small thru xlarge; $13.00 - size 2 xlarge. All shirts must be pre-ordered by April 18th. Please order on this thread or private message if you want a shirt or two. Pay for shirts at time of pickup. Checks will be made out to the chapter leader.

Attendees: name, forum user name, campsite(subject to change), S=shirt order, G=golf (W &/or F)

Nathan & Byrd Mathis (nabo) #47 S G (F)
Bobby & Linda Eanes (superduty08) #49 S
Wayne & Anita Cooper (GetnBye) #80 S G (F)
Dick & Fran Bernard (rodbuster) #50 S G(F)
Ken & Faye Hyde (krhyde) #51 S G(F)
Hank & Phyllis Vogt (hbcottage) #52
Ed & Eddie Booth (eb3) #39
Dave Yocum & Julie Hancock (davebennington) #48 S G (F)
Dick & Reta Hill (Hillsonwheels) #4 S G(W & F)
Russ Henderson (Catoosa26) #83
Paul & Sue Alfano (ALF) #81
Bob & Barb Mansolino (bobemuzzy) #2
Jerry & Lily Worth (gizzy) #5 S
Donnie & Sandy Tesh (dtesh) #7
Walter & Linda West (lindaw) #84 S
Phil & Becky Smith (Phil Smith) #43
Tom & Millie Combs (ncc1701e) #86 S G(W & F)
Malcolm & Valerie Talley (MCT) #78 S
Ron & Shelia Brown (ssron) #82
Tom & Gerry Weber (tweber) #88
Terry & Grace Vinson (haulinem) #6 G
James & Linda Olson (lindaolson) #1
Ed & Barbara Rauch (brauch) #44
Brandon & Stacey Hardison #108
Janet Heim, Sheryl Cuppy (a quest camper) #69 S
Steve & Kathy Wilhite (swilhite) #36
Kevin & Nellie Wolbeck (kwolbeck) #38 S
Joe & Linda Shejbal (8paws) #74 S
Jerry & Judy Winkle (jjwink) #87 S
John & Alina Lindstrom (lindstrom1950) #54
Paul & Shelia Blackford (usnaviator) #75

28444 28696 28887

Nabo
09-14-2013, 07:28 PM
The 2014 TN Rally is on the books being held near Pigeon Forge in Sevierville County on Wears Valley Rd. The campground is only a couple years old and still working on getting the grounds set-up. Further info on the rally is to come soon.

MCTalley
09-14-2013, 08:18 PM
We'll be there. How's that for early sign-up? :)

lduguay
09-14-2013, 08:27 PM
Gosh, it feels like we were just at a TN Rally???

Woooowhooo, here we go AGAIN!!!

Herm45
09-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Nathan & Byrd,

WE ARE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herman and Vickie Hoots

Rodbuster
09-14-2013, 09:13 PM
This is for anybody that is planning on going.... If you want a short-cut or if you just need directions, let me know.

Dick

Nabo
09-14-2013, 09:30 PM
Dick - is that with or without the Garmin??? :)

papajoel55
09-15-2013, 02:55 PM
hey there put us on your list to Byrd

jjwink
09-15-2013, 03:17 PM
So sorry we won't make this one. We are extending our AZ time next year for granddaughters graduation May 20. Know it will be a great rally as usual.

Nabo
09-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Judy and Jerry - we are sorry that ya'll can't make it but plainly understand family. Family is important and congratulations on her future graduation.

trdeal
09-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Nathan and Byrd. Sounds like a good one. Looking forward to it.

papajoel55
09-15-2013, 08:36 PM
We just made our reservations and we are on lot#42 cant wait.

Nabo
09-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Got ya'll down Joel and Toni - can't wait to see ya'll again.

Nabo
10-04-2013, 07:24 PM
There are so many things to do in the Pigeon Forge area from shopping at Tanger Outlet Stores to Titanic Museum to Dollywood or Dixie Stampede. Would ya'll like for us to see about discount tickets? and to which thang????

superduty08
10-06-2013, 10:11 PM
We will make reservations this week and let you know the site. We hated missing the last one but the beach had our name on it from the previous year. We like Dollywood. We were there in March and stayed in Creekside RV park off Wears Valley. It backs up to Walden Creek. Love the area.

Nabo
10-07-2013, 02:33 PM
We surely missed ya'll Bobby & Linda and can't wait to see ya again. We understand the beach thang in that we just made our 2014 reservation for Edisto Beach. Just let us knoe when ya get all signed up.
B---

lduguay
10-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Hey Nathan & Byrd,

We are BOOKED!!! Will post site number when I get the confirmation. Arriving Thursday, departing Sunday.

See y'all soon!!

Hey Dick, can you suggest any scenic routes?????26908

superduty08
10-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Reservation is made! We are coming in on Thursday and leaving on Monday. Site #49

Nabo
10-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Yea Lance and Kem - got ya'll down for another fun time in TN. Hope to see ya in a couple of weeks.
Glad to have ya Bobby and Linda.

Plenty of spots left. Come on to beautiful East TN and the fun of the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg/Sevierville area.

Rodbuster
10-09-2013, 04:15 AM
Lance, glad you asked. Seeing that I'm experienced with the area, I've been asked to organize and lead a 20 RV caravan through this "special area" that I know about. We already have our 20 RV's signed up but you are still welcome to join....I feel we may be losing a few on the way.

Dick
Hey Nathan & Byrd,

We are BOOKED!!! Will post site number when I get the confirmation. Arriving Thursday, departing Sunday.

See y'all soon!!

Hey Dick, can you suggest any scenic routes?????26908

Herm45
10-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Hi Byrd,
We made reservations and are on site #37. We are coming in on Thursday and leaving on Monday. Looking forward to another fun time. Great time to be going to Pigeon Forge. Please let us know if we can do anything.
Herman and Vickie

lduguay
10-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Lance, glad you asked. Seeing that I'm experienced with the area, I've been asked to organize and lead a 20 RV caravan through this "special area" that I know about. We already have our 20 RV's signed up but you are still welcome to join....I feel we may be losing a few on the way.

Dick

Geeee Dick,

I really appreciate the offer to join in the caravan....however, I feel I will best serve the group by handling the special effects video on the side of the road. (of course the "special effects" probably won't be needed).

Best of luck!!!!

L

Nabo
10-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Welcome Bobby & Linda and Herman & Vickie. Glad to have ya'll.

OK Dick and Fran - when are ya'll bringing the 20 rigs up??? Just checking to make sure the campground can accommodate (haha) them but more importantly, they have your site ready.

Rodbuster
10-10-2013, 04:42 AM
Good morning Byrd and a good morning to you also Nathan. Fran made the reservations yesterday and we are using your rally to kick off our summer trip for next year....that's how special you are Byrd, you too I guess Nathan.

We'll be gone for about 4 months. We plan on going to northern California, Oregon, Washington, Montana (I love Montana) and then crossing over and doing the Canadien Rockies. Of course, there will be many other stops on our way to these beautiful places.
We're doing this trip next year because we really don't want to run into Nathan somewhere out there after he retires....would not have a problem with you Byrd.

We are on site 50 and we're really looking forward to it.
Dick & Fran

krhyde
10-10-2013, 01:17 PM
I made our reservations today. I had to pay extra, but we are on site 51, right next to Dick and Fran. Real glutton for punishment. We are coming in on Mon. April 28 and leaving on Mon. May 12. This better be a good park, your reputation depends on it. Ken

Nabo
10-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Got ya down Dick & Fran, Ken & Faye. Glad to have you. Also heard from Anita and Wayne Cooper who are also coming.

Ken - not surprised that you didn't have to pay double considering the honor you have camping with a known celebrity, i.e. "The Dragon Slayer".

Just double checked on a couple of attractions in the area - Dollywood group rate for 2014 is $50.50 per person (group of 15 or more); Titanic Museum group rate is $23.00 per person (15 or more) which includes the hand held audio tour. HUMMMMMM.

Herm45
10-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Do you know of anyone going to the gulf shores rally next april? We would like to go. Have never been and would like to trailer south with someone.
Thanks,

Herm and vickie

Nabo
10-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Herman - we went last year for the first time and had a great time, staying a week. Not sure if this coming year will work out for us so I can't say yes or no - this work thing keeps getting in the way. If you decide to go, you will see quite a few of the same folks that were at the TN/KY rally this year but will make a bunch of new friends in the mean time. What I would do is go to the AL/MS thread and asked the question about who might be coming down from the TN area.

GETnBYE
10-11-2013, 04:37 PM
We are site 80. Booked for Tuesday=Sunday. That is if we don't have to cancel.

Nabo
10-14-2013, 02:09 PM
For those that get Trailer Life, there is a pretty good article on the Smoky Mountain National Park and Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. Has some interesting stuff so check it out.

Nabo
10-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Just heard from Hank & Phyllis Vogt from PA who just made reservations. Welcome :)

Nabo
10-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Ed and Eddie Booth just contacted us and are registered to come. WELCOME Ed & Eddie :)

papajoel55
10-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Byrd just to let everyone know if you cancel anytime there is a $10.00 charge.At least that is what we were just charged for cancelling.just wanted to let you know how dissatisfied we are with the campground they told us they were going to take 25 out of our account and took 28 we are giving a 7 month notice and you said 48 hrs was good but we are charged for it we are not happy with this at all. Joel

Nabo
10-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Joel - on your confirmation receipt there is a disclaimer about the processing fee that the credit card company charges for each transaction. It was a mis-communication between the manager and us in that this fee was not brought up. The $28 that was charged is the $25 campsite fee plus tax, which is required by law. Everybody has to pay the tax.

lduguay
10-28-2013, 09:48 AM
YAAAAA!!! Finally got our confirmation.....Site 48.

Nabo
10-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Thanks Lance - got ya down.

VKTalley
10-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Nathan and Byrd, do we need to go ahead and make reservations with the campground?

Nabo
10-29-2013, 09:20 PM
No Valerie - you do not have to make the reservation until after the first of the year. The campground is holding the sites until the middle of April so you are ok for now. Hope things are going well with your trip up north.

TandC
10-29-2013, 09:24 PM
We are now booked into site #53! We'll arrive the 7th and leave the 16th.
I will be sure and contact Rodbuster for directions since we are too late for the caravan!!!
Oh, Rodbuster - I'm a native of Oregon and can suggest several straight roads without tunnels in OR and WA.
Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Rodbuster
10-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Hi Terrell....looking forward to your call. I will be sure to give you "special" directions. Maybe you should have Carol ride with us.

I didn't know you were from Oregon. We plan on being in the Oregon/Washington area in July. We'll get together in Sevierville and talk about different spots that Fran and I should see.

Dick

We are now booked into site #53! We'll arrive the 7th and leave the 16th.
I will be sure and contact Rodbuster for directions since we are too late for the caravan!!!
Oh, Rodbuster - I'm a native of Oregon and can suggest several straight roads without tunnels in OR and WA.
Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Nabo
10-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Terrell and Carol - glad to have ya'll on board.

VKTalley
10-30-2013, 08:08 PM
No Valerie - you do not have to make the reservation until after the first of the year. The campground is holding the sites until the middle of April so you are ok for now. Hope things are going well with your trip up north.

Thanks! Our trip north was uneventful and we are now back in our home campground. The memorial service for my cousin was very nice and it was great to see some of my extended family. Thought of you two as we came through Knoxville at lunchtime today. :-)

Nabo
12-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Travel safely.

See ya in the spring in the Mountains of East Tennessee and Pigeon Forge/Sevierville.

dix36
01-16-2014, 08:43 PM
Byrd........The Hills are coming to your rally. We'll be there from 7-13 MAY and will be on site# 4. Hope you two are well. See you in May.

Nabo
01-16-2014, 08:58 PM
Yeah - The Hills are coming; The Hills are coming ;). Can't wait to see ya'll again and glad to have ya.

Nabo
01-18-2014, 05:23 PM
WOW - RVs for Less is going to give every one who registers and attends the TN Rally a 12 month membership to Thousand Trails, free. That's a $525 saving! What a deal :D They are also bringing a couple of Landmarks for viewing.

krhyde
01-18-2014, 06:34 PM
WOW - RVs for Less is going to give every one who registers and attends the TN Rally a 12 month membership to Thousand Trails, free. That's a $525 saving! What a deal :D They are also bringing a couple of Landmarks for viewing.

WOW, See you soon.

JanAndBill
01-18-2014, 07:33 PM
Put us down, we're looking forward to spring in the mountains.

Nabo
01-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Will do Jan and Bill. Just let us know when you get registered and what site you will be on.

Nabo
01-28-2014, 01:24 PM
Just heard from Russ Henderson who will be coming with their brand new Gateway:). Welcome Russ and can't wait to see the Gateway.

dix36
01-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Do those of us who are already Thousand Trails members get an IOU????? :confused::confused:

boatto5er
01-30-2014, 10:08 PM
Just for you Mr Hill, you get a one day membership to One Trail Camping Resort and laundromat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo
02-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Only 7 more weeks till the TN Rally. WOW has time flown by.

Coach-Net has donated a one year premier membership for emergency roadside assistance as a door prize. Post #1 has a brochure in reference to the program but you can also check out their website at http://www.coach-net.com. So if you don't have a emergency roadside assistance this will be a great way to have it.

Nabo
02-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Ok - is there an interest in maybe doing t-shirts??? If so chime in please.

ALF
02-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Hey Byrd...The Alfanos are registered and plan to arrive on the 8th leaving on the 11th. We are in site 81. Looking forward to another Tennessee rally!

Nabo
02-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Fantastic Sue and Paul and congratulations on your new home. Can't wait to see ya again.

TandC
02-11-2014, 10:19 PM
Ok - is there an interest in maybe doing t-shirts??? If so chime in please.
Yes, but can you meet or exceed last years fantastic design and color?????

davebennington
02-12-2014, 07:16 AM
Is it possible to have a Heartland rally and not have T-shirts? Of course, however we would still like T-shiirts, make them a good ones.

dave

Nabo
02-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Let me get in contact with my supplier and see what kind of design we can come up with. I will post it once it done and see what everyone's feeling is then.
B--

Nabo
02-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Bob and Barb Mansolino have just registered. Glad to have you two :).

Nabo
02-13-2014, 10:52 AM
The printing company is closed due to the 7-9 inches of snow that we had yesterday/last night so stay tune as I get updates from them.

We only have 11 spots left so if you are planning to come, better make your reservations soon :o. I did talk with the campground today and was told that May looks like the best month yet on reservations and the park is starting to fill up quickly - soooo get those reservations in.
Also - does anyone know Bill Truitt? They have registered as part of us but I wanted to double check with ya'll.

Gizzy
02-13-2014, 01:36 PM
Byrd, Just finished reserving site #5 for the rally. Lily and I are looking forward to attending. Will arrive on Fri (5/9 and depart Mon 5/12.

Nabo
02-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Welcome Jerry and Lily. Glad ya'll can make it and will be good to see ya'll again.

That leaves only 10 more sites left. Got those reservations in.

Nabo
02-13-2014, 05:14 PM
Donnie and Sandy Tesh from NC also just contacted us to let us know that they have registered for the rally. Glad to have them.

And now it's down to 9 sites.

lindaw
02-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Byrd Walter and I will be making reservations tomorrow.will let you know site#
LindaW

Nabo
02-13-2014, 08:31 PM
Yea Linda - it was so good to have ya'll at the last rally and look forward to seeing ya'll in a couple of months. Just let us know the site number once you register.
Rally on.

krhyde
02-14-2014, 09:26 AM
I want to extend to all our Southeast friends, a special invitation to join us at the Kentucky Heartland Owner's Rally the weekend following the Tennessee Rally. We are only 222 miles north on I-75 in Georgetown, KY. Check us out on the "Events" link. See you in Sevierville and hopefully in Georgetown. Ken

JanAndBill
02-14-2014, 10:30 AM
The Rabers are confirmed. We will be in site #79.

Nabo
02-14-2014, 10:43 AM
Got ya'll down Jan and Bill. Hope you didn't get as much snow as we did (7.5" here). Can't wait to see SPRING!!!!

lindaw
02-14-2014, 11:35 AM
Yea Linda - it was so good to have ya'll at the last rally and look forward to seeing ya'll in a couple of months. Just let us know the site number once you register.
Rally on.Byrd got my reservation site 84 arriving on the 8th and leaving on 12th. If you need any help just let me know.
Linda

Nabo
02-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Fantastic Linda - got ya'll down.

Question - somewhere in the back of my mind, I'm thinking ya'll ordered a new Landmark. Did Ya????

lindaw
02-14-2014, 12:28 PM
Yes we did a key largo at the Tampa show, hope to have it by then.
Linda

Nabo
02-14-2014, 03:20 PM
We did also Linda. Will have to compare at the rally.

JanAndBill
02-14-2014, 05:28 PM
Got ya'll down Jan and Bill. Hope you didn't get as much snow as we did (7.5" here). Can't wait to see SPRING!!!!

We got about 4" here. Thankfully it was gone by the middle of the next day.

Phil Smith
02-14-2014, 06:10 PM
The Smith's are coming to TN! We are registerd in site#43! Look forward to seeing everyone.
HOC 1013

Phil

lindaw
02-14-2014, 07:40 PM
The Smith's are coming to TN! We are registerd in site#43! Look forward to seeing everyone.

Phil Yeah did you get your landmark yet?
lindaw

Phil Smith
02-14-2014, 08:13 PM
We were supposed to have been at RV's for Less yesterday and today but a little think called Mother Nature spoiled it. Will be there NEXT Thursday and Friday! :)

Nabo
02-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Congratulations Phil/Becky on your new condo on wheels and welcome to the rally. Gosh - sounds like we are going to have a Key Largo convention.

Now only 6 sites left. Got those reservations in.

lindaw
02-15-2014, 06:19 AM
We were supposed to have been at RV's for Less yesterday and today but a little think called Mother Nature spoiled it. Will be there NEXT Thursday and Friday! :)
Post pictures, yeah

ncc1701e
02-16-2014, 12:48 PM
I am very sorry to inform you, Byrd, that we will be attending the rally. Arriving on May 9th and leaving on May 12th, Site #86. There goes the neighborhood. LOL....

Tom & Millie.................oh and Lucifer

Nabo
02-16-2014, 01:15 PM
The door is always open for the Combs. Hope you both are staying warm in SC cuz it hasn't been fun here in TN. Can't wait to see ya'll again.
B--

VKTalley
02-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Now that we have a work/travel schedules straightened out.....I will get Malcolm on the phone TOMORROW to make our reservations. Looking forward to the rally and seeing everyone!

Nabo
02-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Glad that things are working out for you guys to come. It just wouldn't be a rally unless ya'll are there. Just let me know.
B--

VKTalley
02-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Traveling Talleys have reservations!!!! We will be arriving Friday, May 9 and leaving Sunday, May 11. We are in site #78.

Nabo
02-17-2014, 04:15 PM
WhooHooo - glad you are coming Valerie. See you soon.

Now we only have 4 sites left open. Make your reservations quickly.

Nabo
02-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Just got a message from Ron and Shelia Brown who has just registered. Welcome Browns

Now that only leaves 3 spots.

Nabo
02-18-2014, 10:50 AM
Don & Carol Kutscher has just registered. Welcome to our friends from IL.

Break down of states represented: AL, FL, GA, IL, KY, NC, PA, SC, TN, and VA. WOW - that makes 10 states.

And now there are only 2 spots.

tweber
02-20-2014, 07:00 PM
Greetings. Gerry and I just registered for the TN rally, and will be in site number 88. Looking forward to a great time. Safe travels to all.

Nabo
02-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Tom - glad to have the fine folks from WI come join us. Can't wait to see ya'll again. With ya'll coming, the State of WI makes 11 different states represented.

Now there is only 1 spot left.

Nabo
02-21-2014, 10:47 AM
If you are thinking about coming to the rally, the campground said they have a few more sites available - soooooo get your reservations in.

haulinem
02-21-2014, 05:24 PM
Terry & Grace Vinson are booked for site #6 and will be coming over from Clarksville Thursday evening and leaving Sunday.

Nabo
02-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Glad to have ya'll Terry & Grace. I know everyone will be excited to have "The King" (a Cyclone) coming.

GETnBYE
02-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Wayne got the vacation on the board, so we should not have to cancel and are official for Tuesday, May 6 thru Sunday!

dix36
02-22-2014, 06:51 PM
So.....when are you hosting the "fold over" party??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nabo
02-22-2014, 07:40 PM
OK Dick- I'm confusssedddd. What "fold over"party???

GETnBYE
02-22-2014, 07:45 PM
OK Dick- I'm confusssedddd. What "fold over"party???
Byrd, I think they are making fun of my "fold over" sandwich that I make. I thought everyone knew what a fold over was, but Dick and Reta didn't.

Nabo
02-22-2014, 07:53 PM
And neither did I Anita but I will learn. Someone told me I was trainable - ha.

GETnBYE
02-22-2014, 08:15 PM
My way is easy.......bread..........meat...........fold it over and eat. Dick and Reta have a bit more of a fancy method.

dix36
02-23-2014, 08:07 PM
Well, inquiring minds like to know these things............

Nabo
02-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Thanks Dick - if one doesn't continue to learn, well.........

Hey everyone - the campground still has some sites open so don't hesitate and get your reservations in.

Nabo
02-25-2014, 03:44 PM
Just heard from Linda and James Olson who has just registered. Welcome and glad to have ya'll.

brauch
02-26-2014, 12:57 PM
We are registered to arrive 5/8 thru 5/12. Our site will be #44
Looking forward to another great Tennessee rally !!!

krhyde
02-26-2014, 04:55 PM
We are registered to arrive 5/8 thru 5/12. Our site will be #44
Looking forward to another great Tennessee rally !!!

You guys need to come on over to Kentucky the week following the Tennessee Rally. We would love to have you join us for our first ever Kentucky rally. See you in Sevierville. Ken

Nabo
02-26-2014, 05:01 PM
Glad to have ya'll Ed & Barbara and can't wait to meet Cody. Travel safely.

mbhardison
02-26-2014, 05:22 PM
Hello Everyone,
We have just reserved our spot at the campground. Looks like we will be down the road a bit on site #108. This will be our first rally and we are very excited to join you all.

Nabo
02-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Welcome Brandon and Stacey. We are so glad that you two are coming and bringing your Cyclone. Can't wait to see it. We will take care of ya'll on your first rally.

Nabo
02-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Stay turn folks, Bob Mansolino and I are working on a special event Saturday. More information to come.

Nabo
02-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Campground update: Just got an e-mail from the campground saying they have a couple more sites available----sooooo get your reservations in quickly.

Nabo
02-27-2014, 01:20 PM
We have a quest camper coming to the rally - Janet Heim. Janet, for those who haven't heard, is buying our Big Country and is excited about meeting all of us Heartlanders. Let's all welcome Janet to the rally.

Nabo
02-27-2014, 01:33 PM
Demonstration - Saturday morning by Bob Mansolino. Time - 9:30 am. Location to be announced. Subject - care of solid surface counter tops. Do you have scratches in your counter tops that you just can't get rid of? Bob has had over 30 years experience in this industry and will demonstrate how to get those scratches out and make your counter tops look new. Thank you Bob.

Cjackg
03-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Just learned about this event and hope to be there with a new Cyclone 3110 Toyhauler!

Nabo
03-04-2014, 09:30 PM
cjackg - hopefully soon there will be a big "Congratulation" on your new "condo on wheels". We would love to see her. There are a couple of other Cyclones coming so she will get to meet her cousins. Let us know when you get her.

Nabo
03-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Welcome Steve & Kathy Wilhite from OH who has just registered for the rally. Glad to have ya'll.

Nabo
03-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Would you like to win part of your expenses back for the rally back :p???? Well this is your chance. Buy tickets for a 50/50 drawing on Saturday evening. Cost - $10.00 for an arm length full of tickets. The more you buy, the more chances you have to win. Tickets will be sold Friday and Saturday night with the drawing being Saturday night. The other half of the $$$s will help fund the rally expenses.

Nabo
03-12-2014, 09:45 AM
Big questions everyone - do you want rally hangers for your name tags? Some folks like & collect them but some have way too many and prefer not to have anymore. My question is how about having some for sale to those who would like 'um? First time rally folks would get them free. So input please ------

ncc1701e
03-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Big questions everyone - do you want rally hangers for your name tags? Some folks like & collect them but some have way too many and prefer not to have anymore. My question is how about having some for sale to those who would like 'um? First time rally folks would get them free. So input please ------

Being real newbies we still like to collect them.

Nabo
03-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Thanks Tom/Millie - we have one vote to have rally hangers for name tags.

dfk009
03-12-2014, 03:11 PM
X2 from Don & Carol

tweber
03-12-2014, 07:27 PM
X2 for Tom & Gerry.

Nabo
03-12-2014, 09:58 PM
got 3 votes for the rally hangers. Anyone else?

Rodbuster
03-13-2014, 05:50 AM
Never been to a "hanging".

Sure, we're in.

JKChad
03-13-2014, 09:17 AM
Any chance a last minute decision on coming would be realistic? I just got back home from helping my bro-in-law and sister pick up their new Road Warrior RT 425. The month of may is well into our work season, hints the last minute decision to come question. I've already mention it to them, but we can't make any non work related commitments during spring-fall.

Nabo
03-13-2014, 02:10 PM
Got ya in Dick for the hanging (hangers for the name tags).

JKChad - If ya'll can swing it and the campground has space - come on. After talking to the campground last week, they said they are starting to fill up so that would be the only if. If you schedule works out, go ahead and make the reservations and let us know that ya'll are coming.

dix36
03-14-2014, 07:31 AM
Is Rodbuster gonna be hung with a "new" rope? :cool: ​Add the Hills to the "hanging" list, please.

superduty08
03-16-2014, 09:29 PM
Linda and I vote to hang!

kwolbeck
03-18-2014, 02:50 PM
Reservation made. Coming in from the VA outer banks rally. Pulling into site 38 on the 7th for a 5 night stay, we'll head out on the 12th with our sights on the KY rally. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Sevierville.

Nabo
03-18-2014, 07:28 PM
Glad to have you and Nellie come all that way to our rally. I'll put you down on the list. We are also heading up to KY but it will be Thursday evening before we get in. I'm going back to work so that's the earliest we can get in.
B---

Nabo
03-18-2014, 07:49 PM
OK dookee - here is the shirt design. Pretty Cool!!!! Cost is $11.00 (small - xlarge), $13.00 (2xlarge). If you would like a shirt/s, please order by April 25th which will give the printer time to process the shirts. You can pay for the shirts when you pick them up. Please state how many & what sizes you would like. The group picture will be taken in the shirts.

VKTalley
03-18-2014, 10:16 PM
OK dookee - here is the shirt design. Pretty Cool!!!! Cost is $11.00 (small - xlarge), $13.00 (2xlarge). If you would like a shirt/s, please order by April 25th which will give the printer time to process the shirts. You can pay for the shirts when you pick them up. Please state how many & what sizes you would like. The group picture will be taken in the shirts.
Cool shirt design! The Traveling Talleys would like two, please. 1 medium and 1 x-large.

ncc1701e
03-19-2014, 03:25 AM
Reservation made. Coming in from the VA outer banks rally. Pulling into site 38 on the 7th for a 5 night stay, we'll head out on the 12th with our sights on the KY rally. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Sevierville.

See you at the Outer Banks, we are currently in Myrtle Beach SC. Extended or stay here to make the NC Rally before beginning out westerly journey back to the TN rally and eventually home in KY.

Tom & Millie

ncc1701e
03-19-2014, 03:28 AM

Howdy Miss Byrd, put us down for two shirts, both Large please.

Tom & Millie

Rodbuster
03-19-2014, 05:14 AM
Hi Byrd, hope everything is well with you....you too Nathan.

Spoke to Fran and she said please put us down for 2 of your shirts.

A "medium" for me and a " XX L" for Fran.....but you probably had that figured out already.

davebennington
03-19-2014, 07:25 AM
Byrd,

We would like 2 shirts 1 Large and 1 Xlarge.

Thanks,

dave & Julie

Gizzy
03-19-2014, 07:59 AM
Pls put us down for one x-lar and one 2x.

lindaw
03-19-2014, 08:09 AM
Byrd,
We would like 2 shirts both Xlarge. See you in Tn.
LindaW

Nabo
03-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Sounds like the shirts are going to be a big hit. If you didn't notice, look on the front of the camper and the HOC logo is there. So far we have orders from West,Worth, Yocum, Bernard, Combs and Talley. I will mark on post #1 with an "S" those who have said they wanted shirts.

​Keep those orders coming.

Nabo
03-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Glad to have another coach from GA coming to the rally. Welcome Joe and Linda.

dix36
03-20-2014, 07:57 AM
​Please add us to the T-shirt list........two XLs please.

krhyde
03-20-2014, 08:20 AM
Sounds like the shirts are going to be a big hit. If you didn't notice, look on the front of the camper and the HOC logo is there. So far we have orders from West,Worth, Yocum, Bernard, Combs and Talley. I will mark on post #1 with an "S" those who have said they wanted shirts.

​Keep those orders coming.

We'll take two shirts. One Large and one X-Large. Ken

Nabo
03-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Got ya'll down, Hills & Hydes, for shirts. THX

Nabo
03-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Just heard from Janet Heim & Sheryl Cuppy (our guest campers) who want to be added to the shirt orders. These ladies are bringing their new to them Big Country and the TN Rally will be their first rally. Glad to have them.

GETnBYE
03-20-2014, 02:41 PM
The Cooper shirt order is 1-Large and 1-X-Lrg.
Thanks for all of your hard work on the rally. We appreciate it!!

Nabo
03-20-2014, 02:46 PM
Thanks Anita for the kind words & got ya'll down for 2 shirts.

Rodbuster
03-22-2014, 08:10 AM
Are there any golf courses in Tennessee???

Dick

JanAndBill
03-22-2014, 08:16 AM
Put us down for a large and an extra large please.

krhyde
03-22-2014, 08:23 AM

Dick

There's a really nice one in Sevierville. Thirty Six holes. But you need to be able to hit it straight to stay out of trouble. Want to play early in the week? Ken

Rodbuster
03-22-2014, 10:12 AM
Ken, "hitting it straight" has never been a problem for me. You must be thinking of Wayne or Nathan or somebody else.
I always hit it straight....straight into the woods, straight into the water, etc. etc.

Sure, I'd love to play "early" in the week, if you call Wednesday early. We're not getting there til Tuesday afternoon.

Let me know.
Dick

ncc1701e
03-22-2014, 01:34 PM

Dick

You figure on practicing before the KY rally? And anybody can hit the ball straight, it takes real skill to hit the ball in the water on command.

TOM

krhyde
03-22-2014, 08:01 PM
Ken, "hitting it straight" has never been a problem for me. You must be thinking of Wayne or Nathan or somebody else.
I always hit it straight....straight into the woods, straight into the water, etc. etc.

Sure, I'd love to play "early" in the week, if you call Wednesday early. We're not getting there til Tuesday afternoon.

Let me know.
Dick

I'll make a tee time for Wednesday early afternoon. Anyone else want to join us?

davebennington
03-22-2014, 08:16 PM
I would like to try it again. I figure you all need a good laugh again.

dave

Nabo
03-22-2014, 08:24 PM
Do we have GOLF Courses in Tennessee? Yes we do. I was planning on getting a Tee Time for Friday Morning at Sevierville Golf Club Club that is if you guys don't get hurt practicing earlier in the week. Ha Ha !!! All of you who want to play just let me know so I can get enough times.

GETnBYE
03-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Put a G by Wayne's name for golf, and put an S by Anita's name for SHOPPING!!!!!!!

kwolbeck
03-23-2014, 10:13 AM
No golf here but yes to t-shirts, 2 of them. Both XL's. Thanks.

krhyde
03-23-2014, 06:50 PM
Do we have GOLF Courses in Tennessee? Yes we do. I was planning on getting a Tee Time for Friday Morning at Sevierville Golf Club Club that is if you guys don't get hurt practicing earlier in the week. Ha Ha !!! All of you who want to play just let me know so I can get enough times.

I'll play.

superduty08
03-23-2014, 09:30 PM
Byrd, put us down for 1 xl and 1 large. Thanks

Rodbuster
03-24-2014, 07:58 AM
Well, if Nathan is going to play and if Ken is going to play....well then, I'll play too.

I'll bet you thought I was going to say something else, didn't you?

Dick

lduguay
03-24-2014, 08:33 AM
Hey Bryd,

1 XXL and 1 L for the Duguay's.

Lance

Nabo
03-24-2014, 03:17 PM
ok everybody - the secretary has been out of pocket for the last couple of days so things are a little behind on updating the first post. Please check and see if I have missed anyone on ordering shirts. There is still time to order for shirts for those who haven't ordered yet.

As far as golfing, I need to double check on the early golfers (wednesday) and others golfers (friday). Dick, Ken, Wayne, Dave and Tom - are ya'll playing golf both wednesday and friday, or just wednesday? Nathan wants me to double check for friday on obtaining how many tee-times.

Byrd (aka-the secretary)

Rodbuster
03-24-2014, 08:00 PM
Hi Byrd,

Post #149 I know that Ken is going to make an early afternoon tee-time for he and I on Wednesday....don't know about anybody else.

Post #154 Ken will play Friday.
Post #156 Dick will play Friday.

Oh, one last thing....I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a few months back.

Dick

dix36
03-24-2014, 10:23 PM
Dick, surely you don't think staying at a Holiday Inn Express would help.....do you??? Yuk Yuk

Byrd, I'd like to "try" to play golf so Rodbuster will have a little amusement? Either, or both, days are OK for me.

Nabo
03-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Ok - I will mark those who want to play golf and say which days on the first post.

GETnBYE
03-28-2014, 01:59 PM
Wayne.....Golf./...Friday

Nabo
03-28-2014, 03:27 PM
Got Wayne corrected - thanks Anita :)

Nabo
03-30-2014, 08:54 PM
For those who are playing golf Friday morning, tee times have been set. You will be playing at Sevierville Golf Club on the Highland Course at 8:40 and 8:50 times. So far 7 have signed up to play. If anyone else wants to play, please let us know. The first post has been marked with a G beside the ones who have responded that they wanted to play.

superduty08
03-31-2014, 09:56 AM
Yea! Our BH 3260 EL is ordered! Now if by some chance it would be here by rally time. Probably not but it would sure be nice.

Nabo
03-31-2014, 01:53 PM
Congratulations Bobby and Linda on your new soon to be Home Away from Home. It really would be fun to see it at the Rally.

Nabo
03-31-2014, 01:57 PM
Hey everyone - don't forget about those t-shirts orders. All orders need to be placed by the middle of April. If you have forgotten what they are going to look like, here ya go. Cost $11.00 s-xl, $13.00 2xl or greater.

Nabo
04-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Just heard from Judy and Jerry Winkle (been wintering in AZ and starting to head by to TN) who just registered for the Rally. Welcome Judy and Jerry.

krhyde
04-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Just heard from Judy and Jerry Winkle (been wintering in AZ and starting to head by to TN) who just registered for the Rally. Welcome Judy and Jerry.

I want to send a special invitation to all the Tennessee Rally folks to join us in Kentucky the week after the Tennessee Rally. Our Rally will be in Georgetown, KY just North on I-75, May 16-18, 2014. Check it out on the Events tab. Ken

Nabo
04-03-2014, 02:30 PM
For all of ya'll that didn't know it, the State of Kentucky now has it's own chapter and their first rally will be the weekend after the TN Rally. Ken and Faye Hyde are the Chapter leaders and we would like to encourage everyone to support them so if your schedule will let ya, go ahead and register. The Mathis' are heading up as well as a couple of others so let's go have fun in KY.

Nabo
04-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Just talked with the campground and they have only 5 sites left open in the whole campground. If you are thinking about coming to the rally - go ahead and make those reservations ASAP. Tomorrow might not be a good idea :confused:.

GETnBYE
04-03-2014, 04:11 PM
For all of ya'll that didn't know it, the State of Kentucky now has it's own chapter and their first rally will be the weekend after the TN Rally. Ken and Faye Hyde are the Chapter leaders and we would like to encourage everyone to support them so if your schedule will let ya, go ahead and register. The Mathis' are heading up as well as a couple of others so let's go have fun in KY.

I would have to find someone to drive the truck and 5th/w up to Kentucky to the rally, and find Wayne a ride back home to the JOB. Poor guy. I guess that might be to mean. I bet that will be a great rally, hate to miss it.

haulinem
04-06-2014, 11:23 AM
For those who are playing golf Friday morning, tee times have been set. You will be playing at Sevierville Golf Club on the Highland Course at 8:40 and 8:50 times. So far 7 have signed up to play. If anyone else wants to play, please let us know. The first post has been marked with a G beside the ones who have responded that they wanted to play.

If you still need one more for the golf please sign me up for Friday.

Terry Vinson

Nabo
04-06-2014, 12:08 PM
Absolutely Terry - you're on. Do you and Grace want a shirt or two?? I have to put the order in soon.

Nabo
04-06-2014, 02:50 PM
The State of Florida is being well represented in that the Lindstroms have just registered. Welcome John and Alina.

haulinem
04-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Absolutely Terry - you're on. Do you and Grace want a shirt or two?? I have to put the order in soon.

Thanks Byrd and no on the shirts.

Nabo
04-07-2014, 07:17 PM
OK golfers - Just a reminder to the holder of the "PINK BALL" that it's back in place this year after taking a brief medical leave. See ya in Wears Valley.

Rodbuster
04-08-2014, 04:47 AM
Nathan, the "PINK BALL" will be there, and so will the owner.

I guess it's safe to assume that the challenge for the Pink Ball will be held at Weirs Valley.
Nathan, this seems like a very appropriate place. I remember the last time we played, just about every time you hit you said,
"weirs my ball, weirs my ball".

Dick

lduguay
04-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Byrd & Nathan,

It greatly saddens be to say this, but we have to cancel this, what will be, wonderful weekend with awesome folks!! As you know we have been building a new home that we "thought" we would be moving into before the end of April....however, the weather this winter has delayed construction and we are now set to close the week of the Rally. I DID try to talk Kem into moving in a week later....I mean, what could be MORE important than a TN RALLY!!!!!??? (perhaps my life!:rolleyes:)

Sooo, give our best to ALL and I don't expect anything will be "exploding" at this rally now....

PS. please cancel our shirt order :(

Rodbuster
04-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Lance, congratulations on your new home. I think that most husbands would have a hard time also trying to convince mama to postpone moving into her brand new home.

I think that I speak for many when I say "Kem" will be missed at the rally.

Dick

Nabo
04-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Not a problem Lance and Kem. We will all miss you but plainly understand wanting to get into the new stick home. I know I would :). Let us know your progress with moving so we can all plan to come party - ah - help with the house warming event :rolleyes:.

lduguay
04-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Gee Dick, not feeling the "love"...of course Kem is my favorite person too!

Just so you don't miss me maybe I can arrange an ICBM to visit your site...
We would just need a volunteer to film the "impact"29183

Regarding the "house warming" party, we are thinking the Thursday evening before the Fall NC Rally...
EVERYONES INVITED!!!!29184

Nabo
04-10-2014, 07:35 PM
I'm in for the party in Oct. What time???? B--

Nabo
04-12-2014, 08:27 AM
Everyone, please welcome Gary & Pat Conger who have just joined the Club and are coming to their first rally. Welcome Gary & Pat. They have a brand new Big Horn.

Nabo
04-12-2014, 08:34 AM
We have had a cancellation and the campground wanted to know if anyone wants to move their campsite. The open site is #48 which is a concrete pad. Contact the campground and let them know that you want to move, otherwise they are going to give the site to someone else. Thanks

Phil Smith
04-12-2014, 08:38 AM
I can handle it in you absence. Not with quite the flair but...

Gee Dick, not feeling the "love"...of course Kem is my favorite person too!

Just so you don't miss me maybe I can arrange an ICBM to visit your site...
We would just need a volunteer to film the "impact"29183

Regarding the "house warming" party, we are thinking the Thursday evening before the Fall NC Rally...
EVERYONES INVITED!!!!29184

Nabo
04-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Potluck dinner Saturday evening - BBQ pulled pork will be provided by Heartland Owners Club as well as cakes. Bring a side dish to share. Plates, napkins, eating utensils will be provided.

Nabo
04-14-2014, 03:07 PM
Shirt order time. If you are thinking about getting t-shirts, please get your orders in. After talking with the print shop today, they want the orders in by this coming Friday, the 18th so get those orders in. The shirts are ultra cotton.

JanAndBill
04-14-2014, 05:39 PM
I think we've already ordered, but in case we didn't - Make sure we are down for a Large and an XL please.

Nabo
04-14-2014, 09:10 PM
I got ya'll down Jan. Can't wait to see ya'll. If you are heading down to Gulf Shores, tell everyone HI from us.

Nabo
04-18-2014, 08:31 AM
29292Last day to order t-shirts. If you are not sure if you ordered or not, check the first post and there will be a bold "S" beside your name.

Only 3 more weeks till the party begins. Can't wait to see everyone.

VKTalley
04-18-2014, 09:22 AM
Only 3 more weeks till the party begins. Can't wait to see everyone.

Can't wait!!! It will be a blast! The Traveling Talleys are having a very busy spring (April-June) with 4 state rallies, 1 national rally, house ready to sale, and an AF graduation....Lots of time on the road having a blast partying. Oh....and Malcolm working when we are in Nashville. :-)

Nabo
04-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Heartland Gives Back
This year's rally is helping a small local children home called Wears Valley Ranch (www.wvr.org (http://www.wvr.org)). Its a ranch which help children who have lost their home from no fault of their own. These children range from ages 6-14. I met several of the children who are absolutely wonderful, well balanced and are grateful to have a Christian setting to live in. They are schooled on the property with almost all going to a college of their choice.

The home's needs that we can help with are:
Toothpaste
Toothbrushes (go to your dentist and ask for the brushes)
Toilet paper (lots and lots)
Paper Towels
Regular Towels
Hand Towels
Hair brushes
Combs
Twin size bed sheets

So let us open our hearts and help these children.

superduty08
04-23-2014, 08:28 PM
Our new 3260EL is scheduled to be born on 5/1/14!! I'm not sure how but CW thinks they can have it delivered so that we can have it at the rally!!!! We've got our fingers crossed that this works.

Nabo
04-23-2014, 09:24 PM
OH WOW - how exciting. Hope all goes well and we can see her in a couple of weeks. We finally got ours home night before last and have been working like mad dogs trying to reload her.

superduty08
04-23-2014, 09:52 PM
It really is amazing how much stuff we can get in a home away from home. We unloaded all but what we think that we need to transfer over when we trade. We found things that we forgot was even aboard. Great to hear that you finally got it. Can't wait to see it!

EB3
04-26-2014, 12:16 PM
We will be going to Dollywood on Friday. We have two free tickets. If interested, pls send private message to eb3. First come, first served.

GETnBYE
04-26-2014, 05:18 PM
We will be going to Dollywood on Friday. We have two free tickets. If interested, pls send private message to eb3. First come, first served.
Pm sent. :)

EB3
04-26-2014, 10:15 PM
The Dollywood tickets have been claimed. Thanks for the responses.

GETnBYE
04-26-2014, 10:24 PM
Forgot about Wayne playing golf on Friday. Very thoughtful of you to share with someone in the group. This why we love our Heartland friends!

Rodbuster
04-27-2014, 07:09 AM
If Wayne is playing golf on Friday, I'll use that time to go to "Dollywood" with Anita.

Dick

GETnBYE
04-27-2014, 05:10 PM
If Wayne is playing golf on Friday, I'll use that time to go to "Dollywood" with Anita.

Dick
You are crazy. Can't wait to see you!

Nabo
04-29-2014, 07:01 AM
9 more days til Party Time in Tennessee :cool:. Everyone travel safely.

Travel information - The only way to come to Cove Creek RV Resort in Sevierville is by way of Exit 407 off I-40. DO NOT COME BY HWY 321 FROM MARYVILLE - ROAD IS TOO DANGEROUS PULLING A CAMPER.
Road construction - at the 407 exit as well as a section of Hwy 66 off of the interstate coming into Sevierville. Just travel slowly and safely.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 865-776-1060 (Byrd's cell).

Rodbuster
04-29-2014, 10:40 AM
Hey Byrd - are those directions for our benefit???????

We bought an RV friendly GPS after our "adventure" on the Dragon's Tail last summer.

Nabo
04-29-2014, 11:35 AM
Wasn't going to mention any names but .....:rolleyes:

GETnBYE
04-29-2014, 02:25 PM
Sad to report that Wayne and I will have to leave the rally Saturday afternoon. Wayne has to be at work early Sunday morning. We don't want to cancel and miss all the early fun just because of an early departure. We will enjoy what time that we can. :)

jbeletti
04-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Forgot about Wayne playing golf on Friday. Very thoughtful of you to share with someone in the group. This why we love our Heartland friends!

Anita - check my blog this Sunday night. I'll have lists, comments and pics of our Dollywood visit yesterday. Great time.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Nabo
04-29-2014, 02:44 PM
Jim - are you visiting the RV Dreams Rally which started today. It's at River Plantation.

Not a problem Anita and plainly understand about this work thing. I just went back to work :(. Am I nuts or what???? I'm coming in on Tuesday so will see you then. Ken & Faye are already there so look them up when you get there. Ken will go play golf with Wayne.

GETnBYE
04-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Thanks Byrd.
Jim, I will be sure to look at it. I was at Dollywood once during the down season when my daughter auditioned for the shows there. It seems weird while it was closed.
See everyone soon.

superduty08
04-29-2014, 11:11 PM
We plan to go to Dollywood while we are there. Maybe a group could go.

jbeletti
04-29-2014, 11:16 PM
Jim - are you visiting the RV Dreams Rally which started today. It's at River Plantation...

No Byrd - I wasn't aware of it until I saw a post by Linda on Facebook today.

superduty08
04-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Well it's official, our new 3260EL came off line today and our dealer is trying to get it delivered in time for the rally.

Nabo
04-30-2014, 04:04 PM
***Directions with landmarks***
The campground is about 8 miles on the left from stoplight #3 in Pigeon Forge. The road will be 4 lanes then down to 2 lanes thru the pass. Once in the Wears Valley area, look for:
Tennessee State Bank (on leftside)
Exxon Station (on leftside) [station is 1/10th miles from campground]
Hillbilly's Pancake House on leftside [will have an old pickup truck on a pole in front of pancake house] (Direction on website state Bear Camp Grill but it's no longer there)
Very next driveway is Cove Creek RV Resort. CG sign is hard to see because of all the other signs so go slowly.

Hope this helps everyone find the cg. There's not many places to turn around to come back to the cg so go slowly after you pass the Exxon Station.

Nabo
05-02-2014, 03:30 PM
WOW - the rally continues to grow by leaps and bounds. Paul and Shelia Blackford just registered and will be bringing their new Big Horn. Glad to have ya.

Nabo
05-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Ok - I need some help. Will someone volunteer (hint hint - you are in the volunteer state) to act as the rally photographer?
Thanks
Byrd

GETnBYE
05-02-2014, 04:13 PM
I would do it if I were going to be there for the Saturday festivities. Sorry. Hope you find someone.
Ok - I need some help. Will someone volunteer (hint hint - you are in the volunteer state) to act as the rally photographer?
Thanks
Byrd

JanAndBill
05-02-2014, 04:30 PM
***Directions with landmarks***
The campground is about 8 miles on the left from stoplight #3 in Pigeon Forge. The road will be 4 lanes then down to 2 lanes thru the pass. Once in the Wears Valley area, look for:
Tennessee State Bank (on leftside)
Exxon Station (on leftside) [station is 1/10th miles from campground]
Hillbilly's Pancake House on leftside [will have an old pickup truck on a pole in front of pancake house] (Direction on website state Bear Camp Grill but it's no longer there)
Very next driveway is Cove Creek RV Resort. CG sign is hard to see because of all the other signs so go slowly.

Hope this helps everyone find the cg. There's not many places to turn around to come back to the cg so go slowly after you pass the Exxon Station.

Byrd are there different directions for those of us with "Bighorns"? :-)

Nabo
05-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Byrd are there different directions for those of us with "Bighorns"? :-)

I know Big Horns can be mountain goats but I don't know if I would try the HL Big Horns. They are not quite as sure-footed as our mountain goat friends. :rolleyes:

superduty08
05-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Just got the call. Our new BH will be here on 5/2! We will have it at the rally!

GETnBYE
05-02-2014, 08:02 PM
If anyone has decided that they want a t-shirt and missed the order date, we will sell ours to you if you need a large and an x-lrg. We have to leave the rally early and won't be there on the day for wearing the shirts. Thanks

VKTalley
05-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Thanks
Byrd

Hi Byrd, Malcolm can do that! (I asked first before volunteering him) We will be there on Friday. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Nabo
05-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Thanks Valerie aka Malcolm. A photographer has been found. Can't wait to see lots and lots of pictures.

Nabo
05-02-2014, 08:47 PM
If anyone has decided that they want a t-shirt and missed the order date, we will sell ours to you if you need a large and an x-lrg. We have to leave the rally early and won't be there on the day for wearing the shirts. Thanks

Anita - you don't have to do that. I ordered a couple of extra.
B--

Nabo
05-03-2014, 10:43 AM
​Here is some interesting info on the rally. We have 13 different states represented and 8 different Heartland products coming. WOW - that's pretty amazing. Can't wait to see everyone next week.

TandC
05-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Carol & I had to cancel our reservations for the TN rally due to my back problem(s).
We likely will have to cancel out of the KY rally also. Hopefully, I'll be better and we can
attend the National in VA. We'll miss being with y'all in TN!!!
Terrell

Nabo
05-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Terrell - sorry to hear about the back problem. Nothing hurts worse than your back being out. We will miss you and Carol. Get well soon and hopefully we will see in KY or VA.
Byrd

Rodbuster
05-05-2014, 04:30 AM
Well, here we come....leaving in about 10 minutes.

Dick & Fran

ncc1701e
05-05-2014, 05:53 AM
Nathan, who is signed as interested for golf on Wednesday? Only Sick & myself?

haulinem
05-05-2014, 07:55 AM
Byrd, I am not that familiar with the area. Would you recommend coming in through Maryville?

Terry

superduty08
05-05-2014, 08:11 AM
Haulinem, Byrd put directions on post 203. I'm with Nathan and Byrd on only coming in on I40. 321 out of Townsend toward Ware's Valley has a lot of narrow switch backs and very steep inclines that it would not be easy nor safe pulling your fiver. It's a great drive without a trailer.

Nabo
05-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Tom - I have only you and Dick Hill unless you can get "The Keeper of the Pink Ball" to also play. He should be there Tuesday. We are also coming in Tuesday (late) but Nathan has to go to work Wednesday so he's out.

Terry - Bobby is correct about the switch-backs coming from Townsend (Townsend is after Maryville on Hwy 321). I have seen camper almost roll over because they have hung the wheels off the road which has a huge drop-off, almost going over. I have even seen a dump truck tumble over down the hill. The state is also trying to fortify the road because it's starting to wash out so alot of the road is single lane. We are not big fans for Pigeon Forge because of the traffic pulling a camper but it's a lot safer than weaving thru the switch-backs from Townsend.

GETnBYE
05-05-2014, 04:18 PM
I have seen camper almost roll over because they have hung the wheels off the road which has a huge drop-off, almost going over. I have even seen a dump truck tumble over down the hill. The state is also trying to fortify the road because it's starting to wash out so alot of the road is single lane.
I would not make it from fear, even if the camper did. We are are doing like you say, Byrd.

GETnBYE
05-05-2014, 05:13 PM
http://islandinpigeonforge.com/ This is new at P.F. can't wait to see if it is ready. Getting excited for a rally.

ncc1701e
05-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Miss Millie ask that I see if there is anyone interested in playing Pegs & Jokers Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening. If you do not know how it is very easy to learn. The set we carry can handle 10 players (5 couples). Often we play teams men against women.

Tom

GETnBYE
05-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Miss Millie ask that I see if there is anyone interested in playing Pegs & Jokers Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening. If you do aot know how it is very easy to learn. The set we carry can handle 10 players (5 couples). Often we play teams men against women.

Tom
I would like to learn and Wayne might also. I will ask him. Will we have use of a place to play?

MCTalley
05-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Just saw the Eanes' Bighorn in front of Camping World in Nashville with the slides out. Hope you all aren't having any major issue. We're over in the KOA if you stay local tonight.

MCTalley
05-05-2014, 07:24 PM
I guess the Eanes are trading up. There was a new Bighorn parked next to their old one when we drove out. Sounds like we'll have to arrange an open house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krhyde
05-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Nathan, who is signed as interested for golf on Wednesday? Only Sick & myself?
I have two tee times Wed at 2:00 and 2:10. Dick and I will play.

Nabo
05-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Tom - I will try to learn this game which I hope is a card game. I will be at the campground tomorrow evening and will talk to the manager about getting into the clubhouse early.

I still have some stuff to stuff into the bags if anyone is willing to help. I know Anita can't cuz she will be SHOPPING (heehee).

jjwink
05-05-2014, 08:43 PM
We love P & J!! We have enough for 6 so we could have a tournament. We will be there on Thursday. Look forward to seeing everyone again.

tweber
05-05-2014, 08:44 PM
We are leaving Stone Mountain, GA tomorrow, Tuesday, around 9:00 EDT and heading to Sevierville. Looking forward to a great rally. Tom & Gerry

GETnBYE
05-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Byrd, You know me to well!!! But, if I don't get a ride to shopping I will help with anything you need.:angel:[AQUOTE=Nabo;361379]Tom - I will try to learn this game which I hope is a card game. I will be at the campground tomorrow evening and will talk to the manager about getting into the clubhouse early.

I still have some stuff to stuff into the bags if anyone is willing to help. I know Anita can't cuz she will be SHOPPING (heehee).[/QUOTE]

GETnBYE
05-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Feel better soon.

Carol & I had to cancel our reservations for the TN rally due to my back problem(s).
We likely will have to cancel out of the KY rally also. Hopefully, I'll be better and we can
Terrell

ncc1701e
05-06-2014, 06:10 AM
Tom - I will try to learn this game which I hope is a card game. I will be at the campground tomorrow evening and will talk to the manager about getting into the clubhouse early.

I still have some stuff to stuff into the bags if anyone is willing to help. I know Anita can't cuz she will be SHOPPING (heehee).

We are in Fancy Gap, Va. Expect to be in Wears Valley around 3 or 4 pm. We can help with the bags. And pegs & Jokers is about half cards/board game. It is just a lot of fun.

ncc1701e
05-06-2014, 06:13 AM
I have two tee times Wed at 2:00 and 2:10. Dick and I will play.

Count me in please.

Tom

krhyde
05-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Terrell

OH NO. Sorry to hear you are having back problems. Been there done that. Faye will miss her dancing buddy. Hope to see you in VA. Ken

VKTalley
05-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Traveling Talleys will be arriving in Wears Valley on Friday around lunchtime.
Anita, where are you wanting to go shopping? :)

Nabo
05-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Everyone please put the Congers on your prayer list in that they have had a death in the family and had to cancel. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them.

JanAndBill
05-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Unfortunately we have to cancel at the last minute. I was in ER most of the night with a large kidney stone. To large to pass so they had to put in a temporary stint, they can get me in to remove it. Catch up with everyone down the road

lindaw
05-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Unfortunately we have to cancel at the last minute. I was in ER most of the night with a large kidney stone. To large to pass so they had to put in a temporary stint, they can get me in to remove it. Catch up with everyone down the roadSo sorry to hear that, we were looking forward to visiting with you again.
Linda Get well soon