Dodge Ram 3500 Short Bed

FlashG

I am thinking of getting a new Ram 3500 short bed.(Or long Bed)

I understand the Bighorns can be pulled with a short bed truck. (6.25 ft?)

Can anyone comment?

I used to own a Ram 3500 SB, but used a Pullrite Slider.

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

hertzberg

I pull with a short-bed Dodge 3500. No problems so far. I have a Reese slider hitch but haven't had to use the slider so far.

sidney dreyfus

Dodge Ram 3500

Flash,
As you can see by our signature we own a Dodge 3500. I recommend the long bed for tracking and the dually for stability. Not that you couldn't get away with a short bed single rear wheel. They would probably work just fine.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We have a Dodge 3500 short bed and have had no problems, we have to make a pretty tight turn to get into our storage spot. We have a slider but never been used with this trailer...../Doug

jimtoo

We have a friend who uses a Dodge shortbed to pull SOB. He wished he had been pulling a Heartland after replacing the rear glass and repairing cab. I think he is leaning towards a Heartland now for sure. :D

Jim (the other Jim)

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
We have a short bed Quad cab with 3400RL no problems to date. I have to make a sharp cut to get into our lane.
Regards
Wayne

FlashG

Went to buy a short bed Dodge 3500 today. The stinkers sold the "Inferno Red" one I had my eye on. LOL

Signed
"Snooze You Looze"

Lonestar

TXN4LIFE
I have a BH 3400RL and have towed with both 2500 Quad cab and my new 3500 Megacab SRW. No problems at all. Have 5th Airborne King Pin and air bags on truck. Makes for very comfortable ride. Just returned to North Texas from San Diego 1455 miles in 25 hrs. Don't recommend it though. But I'm like a mule. Show me the barn and I'm going.
Bighorn is designed for short beds. I have a B&W Flipover gooseneck hitch with Companion 5th wheel adapter. Keeps the bed clear when hitch is removed.

wazz_zup

FlashG, so did you find another one? I have an Dodge 06 3500 SRW and love it. Got the Husky 16K slider because of my last trailer but never have used it with the BH...and I live at the end of a cul-de-sac....i.e. tight turns to back in. I'm always watching them there corners but no bangs yet!

FlashG

Still lookin' for a truck. I really like the GM trucks too. The shortbed GMs reportedly have small gas tanks.