PDA

View Full Version : Prowler Lynx - LED interior upgrade with Pics!

MotoLynx27x
03-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Hey guys. As I promised in my Taillight LED upgrade post, here are pics of the LED interior light upgrades I made to my Prowler.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/cruizerman/f9f5246dfeadc0d7de59d6d325289641.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/cruizerman/4b9e5ae0e838aff7ebc7f642933d4367.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/cruizerman/6df8bad5e488cca239731b3a0f29748b.jpg

$28 for 20 T10 flat panel SMD warm white led bulbs! They are very bright. The pics have not been edited!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BigJim45
03-13-2014, 10:14 AM
Looks great. Nice and bright inside. I would have to put my sunglasses on.lol

Ray LeTourneau
03-14-2014, 09:28 AM
Moto, did you get the LED's from the link in your taillight post? The one that was 10 led's for like $11? I just received mine yesterday and installed 20 led's replacing the 921's. I'm not real excited about the end result. They don't "Illuminate" the room as well. When I left feedback on ebay as "neutral" I was contacted by the seller. I just sent him these pictures and I'm waiting for his response. In the pictures, the 921 is on the right and led on the left.

On edit, I have not received any reply from the Ebay seller since sending him my pictures. Oh well...

MotoLynx27x
03-26-2014, 01:44 AM
Moto, did you get the LED's from the link in your taillight post? The one that was 10 led's for like $11? I just received mine yesterday and installed 20 led's replacing the 921's. I'm not real excited about the end result. They don't "Illuminate" the room as well. When I left feedback on ebay as "neutral" I was contacted by the seller. I just sent him these pictures and I'm waiting for his response. In the pictures, the 921 is on the right and led on the left.

On edit, I have not received any reply from the Ebay seller since sending him my pictures. Oh well...

Ok, I can understand if your a little miffed at the result, but if you change them all out and put the clear diffuser lenses back on, the results look great IMHO. I never tried comparing them to the 921's because I knew nothing would outshine the old bulb. But you have to look at it from the perspective of boon docking. I wanted usable light without the taxing amp draw of the traditional bulbs. Overall I'm very pleased with the ones I received, they work for me. I'm sorry they didn't work out for you!

Ray LeTourneau
03-26-2014, 08:21 AM
Ok, I can understand if your a little miffed at the result, but if you change them all out and put the clear diffuser lenses back on, the results look great IMHO. I never tried comparing them to the 921's because I knew nothing would outshine the old bulb. But you have to look at it from the perspective of boon docking. I wanted usable light without the taxing amp draw of the traditional bulbs. Overall I'm very pleased with the ones I received, they work for me. I'm sorry they didn't work out for you!

I'm getting used to them. I wasn't really miffed just a bit disappointed. I can certainly feel the difference in heat output. Especially up in the bedroom cause we're closer to the ceiling up there. As for not receiving a reply from the seller. I was hoping for a basic explanation with the numbers associated with the LED lights. The price was right for sure.