Big surprise at Big O

lynndiwagoner

Took my.2014 BC3650RL into Big O tires for Sailun S637's after reading horror stories regarding Tow Max. I had no idea that I had any problem. To my great surprise, one of the tires had severe separation and would have surely blown out on our next trip. I have only about 5000 miles on these tires, always checked air pressure (Pressure Pro TPMS) and very carefully towed around 60mph. I feel unbelievably lucky.......

Jim.Allison

You got a 2014 BC3650RL with a bad TowMax also? Imagine that!!!!!! Mine failed at 1800 miles, you got 5000 miles. I wonder what I did wrong?

Glad you discovered it. I have four you want to buy them? Just kidding, my landscaper wants my TowMax take-offs for his utility trailer.

Took my.2014 BC3650RL into Big O tires for Sailun S637's after reading horror stories regarding Tow Max. I had no idea that I had any problem. To my great surprise, one of the tires had severe separation and would have surely blown out on our next trip. I have only about 5000 miles on these tires, always checked air pressure (Pressure Pro TPMS) and very carefully towed around 60mph. I feel unbelievably lucky.......

Grey Ghost

Lucky you found the problem before it became a REAL problem. Many have NOT been so lucky. I took my Tow Max tires off and replaced them with Michelin M/S 2s last year after a blow out caused some real damage to my 5ver. They are LT tires I know and battle continues between ST and LT tires!! I feel comfortable with the LT tires and that is all that matters I suppose. Anyhow, good luck in the future and enjoy your rig! :cool: I also run with TST TPMS, more comfort!!

Jim.Allison

Where is the "Like" Button?

Lucky you found the problem before it became a REAL problem. Many have NOT been so lucky. I took my Tow Max tires off and replaced them with Michelin M/S 2s last year after a blow out caused some real damage to my 5ver. They are LT tires I know and battle continues between ST and LT tires!! I feel comfortable with the LT tires and that is all that matters I suppose. Anyhow, good luck in the future and enjoy your rig! :cool: I also run with TST TPMS, more comfort!!

lynndiwagoner

Just got off the phone with Olga....very nice lady. They are going to pay me 108.00 for the bad tire. Better than nothin'

Man, those Sailun's are beasts. Fortunately I had the 110psi wheels so only had to buy tires and high pressure valve stems. New tires are probably twice as stiff and heavy as the old Tow Max's. Now I can go over 65 down the hills.