I wonder how many Ford owners . . .

pegmikef

. . .that bought their Ford vehicle new within the last couple of years know that they probably (depending on how the vehicle is equipped) received a free three-year subscription to Ford synch services or even know what that is. I bought mine over a year ago and just found out about it. Since I bought the navigation system, I never explored it farther.

The following link contains an overview. Some of the voice actuated services provided are navigation (even if you didn't purchase the optional navigation chip), the ability to load routes from mapquest.com, traffic reports, weather, sports, news, entertainment, and sixty operator assisted calls for such things as directions. The subscription is tied to the VIN so it started when the dealer reported the vehicle sold. (I know I may be the only one that didn't know or understand about it, but it wouldn't be the first time I fell asleep during a briefing.)

https://support.ford.com/tools/account/sync-services

chaplady

The ford dealer I deal with actually has a person that once you buy a vehicle sets up an appointment with you to go over useage of the sync system free of charge.
Bill

MTPockets

The dealer I purchased from in FL had a one hr. SYNC class every Sat morning. They also offered individual instruction.

pegmikef

The ford dealer I deal with actually has a person that once you buy a vehicle sets up an appointment with you to go over useage of the sync system free of charge.
Bill

Actually my dealer had the same thing and my wife and I both went and he went over everything and demonstrated it in my truck. I am sure he probably mentioned the synch services thing, but since I had bought the on board navigation and also had trial Sirus utilities that duplicated most of the stuff synch services has we spent most of the session on learning to use the navigation system. entertainment system, and the cell phone interface procedures. It was only when I started to look for a way to load map data into the system that I discovered you could do it through synch services. As I said it was my oversight, because I had a preconceived notion of the functions that I wanted to learn in detail and synch services wasn't one of them (at that time).

chiefaret

My Ford dealer in Mesa AZ, has a person that comes out on delivery and goes over all the bells and whistles and spends whatever time necessary to explain to a technological challenged old man

Grey Ghost

The Ford dealer I used in Phoenix, AZ also covered all the technical stuff included the sync of phone and everything else. I think they did a pretty good job explaining all the gadgets. I use the bluetooth phone service and tried the navigational device once, but I'm used to the GPS I have and now use that only. I had a few questions after the walk through and even after a few months the dealer was very helpful and willing to go over things again with me. I used Sanderson Ford in Phoenix, AZ and got a very, very good deal on my truck. Will go back there next time I need a new truck, however that will be a while since I only have about 24,000 miles on this one. Oh, the web site was also helpful! https://support.ford.com/tools/account/sync-services.

dfk009

Proud of the Ford dealers. Things sure have gotten better since I retired from my old dealer back in 2000. Sure remember the 1980 Ford vehicles, and they had to bring out the Quality 1 program in 1981.