STORM RELATED: 2 days from first trip of the year and now - No RV

firstone

Well I don't post much, but when I do it's a big one. RV was ready to go with fresh wheel bearings, all systems checked twice, all maintenance done, inspections complete and just washed it all. Only loading and leaving was next for our first trip of the year and our annual Crater of Diamonds trip. RV was spotless, and still new. RV had a total 5600 miles including the delivery from factory.

Rain storms and twisters for days, had 70+mph winds. RV shook, then lifted and bounced off the legs for a bit. Then the RV slid toward my Daughters college transportation rolled over it and against the tree....Both totaled

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    663.2 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    716.6 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    671.2 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    521.2 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

d_fergie

Re: two days from fist trip of the year and now........No RV

Glad no one was hurt, I'd be sick though ...

firstone

My wallet is going to get hurt. I never win with insurance companies.

'Lil Guy'

So glad no one was hurt. If you financed the rig it probably has gap insurance on it to pay it off. You might sell Heartland those pics. Other than the damage to the side of the NT where it hit the car and rolled over it landing on it's roof, it still looks to be in good shape. Hope you get everything worked out and sorry for your loss.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired

So good to know that everyone is safe! Maybe luck will be on your side with the insurance claim.
Glad to see that you can still have a sense of humor with the "We party hard" sign!

firstone

Thanks, Lets hope so. Daughter just took finals the day before but goes back too college in he fall.

jbeletti

Mike - sorry for the loss of your RV (and car). So the storm lifted the RV and rolled it over the car? That's crazy. Happy to hear no one was hurt at your place.

firstone

Yes, it lifted off the ground slightly on one side, then slid close to the car but did not touch the side of the car then rolled onto the roof of the car and over impaling it self onto the tree. There was literally a fresh Log in the bathroom by way of the wall.

jbeletti

Yes, it lifted off the ground slightly on one side, then slid close to the car but did not touch the side of the car then rolled onto the roof of the car and over impaling it self onto the tree. There was literally a fresh Log in the bathroom by way of the wall.

Wow - had the tree not stopped it, who knows how far it may have rolled.

Wonder how they'll pick it up to take it away without it falling apart?

firstone

https://youtu.be/aLIFqiGtYj4 I have video of he recovery I will try and post in about an hour. One flat bed one cable and one upset tow guy.........

Ok, They drug it out to the end the drive way and the stood it back up (Video) The put it on a ball and towed it 1/8th mile to a temp parking.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
So sorry Mike, but glad you are all OK. Hope that the insurance company steps up and that you will be on the road again soon with a new rig.

B

BouseBill

As others have said, Glad everyone is ok and only property damage. For those not familiar with Tornadoes, they can do really weird things to objects they approach.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mike,
Glad you are all safe.

In the moment I know it seems traumatic, but health and family are the real important things in life. Everything else can be replaced.

Hope it gets resolved in a timely fashion so you can get back on the road soon. Trace

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We felt the pain as the camper uprighted. So sad but glad everyone is ok. How did the house survived? Any damage there?

Randor

Glad to know nobody was in it and hurt. I know this all stinks, but I did have to chuckle at the "We Party Hard" sign. Keeping a sense of humor helps get through the other parts of an ordeal like this.