Roof maintenance

OtterMN

Can someone confirm what type of roof is on the 2011 Cyclone 3950? Also, what is the best product to use for the yearly coating? Thanks!

Dan O

Lynn1130

Coating? I am not aware of any coating that should be put on annually but maybe someone else has some info. I think it is just a case of washing it every so often with dawn and water or some similar soap. The roof is a rubber coat, at least on mine.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There is EDPM roof treatment that you can get at an RV Part store such as Camping World however it is not really necessary. All that is necessary is a regular washing.

OtterMN

OK, I thought that there was a sealant that needed to be rolled on... what is the procedure to clean it? Thanks for the replies!

Gaffer

I don't know if the roofs are still by Dicor or not. Dicor never made a cleaning product for their roofs until a couple of years ago. They just recommended Dawn and a brush. They received so may inquiries about a cleaning product that their marketing department could not resist putting out their own brand. You don't need to fatten the wallets at Camping World with an expensive cleaning product for your rubber roof. Just get some Dawn, a hose and a not too stiff long handle brush. But be careful up there, dawn on the bottom of your shoes can be slick.

teasac69

Neighbor at last camp ground was on his roof all day scrubbing and then applying a wipe on and wipe off RV ROOF UV PROTECTANT product. I did this search and found this thread which I'm pleased to see has been addressed. I'm going to be living in mine a month while working on the house for some interior updating so I'll have it in the driveway and perfect opportunity to wash and rinse. I have a soft bristle brush I use to wash my car/truck and that way I can stay out of the soap while on the roof. Sounds like an early morning job before the sun gets too high.

I assume the same goes for washing the sides of the new Big Horn decals, etc. a little Dawn in the water and same soft bristle brush??? Just want to take good care of my new Big Horn.

thanks always

donr827

The product is out there for sale but is not necessary. As others have said just wash regularly to clean.
Don