PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Mountain Regional Rally

Doublegranch
06-29-2015, 01:14 AM
Let me know your thoughts for our FIRST Mountain Regional Rally....
Two states under consideration:
Colorado.....May/June or Sept
Arizona.......Jan/Feb or Oct
I am in the initial stage on two venues for each state and we will plan between 50-75 sites for our first Rally.
All Mountain Region HOC members were sent out an email, respond to my email or post your thoughts here...
By the way...this isn't exclusive to the Mountain Region members....ALL HOC members are invited and I am soliciting your opinions as well.....Lets get some chatter on this subject....While it is a ways off....we need to plan ahead to obtain the number of sites required.
For the Colorado locations I will do a site inspection after the Colorado Rally in Sept at Central City.
The Arizona locations I already know very well.
We have some Exciting times coming up for our Mountain Region and your input is very important.
LETS HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS..

Doublegranch
06-29-2015, 08:47 AM
The emails are starting to come in....Let's post your thoughts on the thread so everyone can read them...
Emails from AZ want Colo....Colo is okay with either state...

Mrsfish
06-29-2015, 09:09 AM
We would love to go to Colorado for the regional rally. Soooo many beautiful places to visit and a neat place for people to gather. I'm with Garry, I hope people come from all over and join us. One of the neatest things about this heartland owners club is the people we get to meet. If it wasn't for this forum, I would not have met a wonderful couple yesterday. Dan and Ann Mayar are just down the way from us! So bring it on, let's make the first Rocky Mountain regional rally one for the record books!

Mrsfish
06-29-2015, 09:11 AM
Oh, and by the way... You've opened the box when you ask me to post. Rick doesn't call me ChattyCathy for nothing!,,

Doublegranch
06-29-2015, 09:12 AM
Ann:

Enjoy BreckenRidge.....Dan & Ann will be moving to Colo soon. Great people....

Mrsfish
06-29-2015, 09:16 AM
Ann is super. Dan? Well we couldn't get him to talk at all and getting info out of him was like pulling teeth. But we've got a couple of weeks with them and we'll see if we can't get him out of his shell😜

gwalter
06-29-2015, 10:41 AM
We would vote for CO and be willing to share our beautiful state with everyone. Glad to see you will be in Central City Garry

Doublegranch
06-29-2015, 10:45 AM
So.. Gregg...are you now volunteering for the Mountain Regional Rally "RAT" aka "Rally Assist Team" Team?
You will have one under your belt with the Tucson Rodeo Rally.....All help is graciously accepted...

gwalter
06-29-2015, 10:57 AM
LOL, I suppose we could volunteer as of now unless you really overwork us in Tucson. :)

gwalter
06-29-2015, 11:00 AM
Ann and Rick,

It was great meeting the both of you last week. Hope you have a good time in CO.

Gregg

MTPockets
06-29-2015, 01:13 PM
Colorado looks good to us!.... We've been visiting Colorado many times starting back in early 70's... Count us in for whatever. (We'll only be 3 yrs older by then). (So will you all!). (Except maybe Ann)..... BTW Garry, where we goin' in 2020?

TravelTiger
06-29-2015, 01:27 PM
Would love to come to Colorado in June, since school will be out by then! September, school's going so a no go. AZ would not be possible the timeframes due to school as well.

For us native Texans, Colorado is our favorite place to visit... so we'll definitely enjoy whatever you plan there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ziggy
06-29-2015, 02:01 PM
By 2018 we will be good with either state and at any time. I will be retired and we can go "anytime" . We haven't explored either state.

Kristy

Doublegranch
06-29-2015, 02:04 PM
Kristy:

Hope we have an opportunity to meet prior to 2018!!!!!!

Doublegranch
06-29-2015, 02:06 PM
Colorado looks good to us!.... We've been visiting Colorado many times starting back in early 70's... Count us in for whatever. (We'll only be 3 yrs older by then). (So will you all!). (Except maybe Ann)..... BTW Garry, where we goin' in 2020?

[ Terry,,,,you are really putting the pressure on me...maybe over fireball in Oct we can figure it out/]

ziggy
06-29-2015, 02:11 PM
Kristy:

Hope we have an opportunity to meet prior to 2018!!!!!!

You our are welcome in Oregon anytime. We just can't travel during the school year until I retire in June 2017.

Kristy

rvallen
06-29-2015, 04:51 PM
Garry,
Colorado looks good to us as I am retiring in 2016, and we will be able to travel any where any time.
Thanks Rich and Vicki Allen, Arizona Chapter........

JohnD
07-06-2015, 10:15 PM
Colorado gets my first vote for the summer months . . . Arizona first vote if in the winter months!

Doublegranch
09-23-2015, 09:46 PM
Mountain Regional Rally Planning Update:
Hope you will find this information as exciting as I have been over the last few days viewing the site planning areas for this Rally. While I have my choice for which venue to select, this Rally is about you, so I want your input.

We have two great venue's to select from! Either send a response back to me via PM, email or leave your comment for everyone to read on this thread.
The Selection process:
Items I wanted to consider, Venue large enough to serve between 75 - 100 Rigs, Event Room for planning our catering & entertainment. Geographical area serviced by a major road system. Local area population base large enough to pull entertainment and catering from local business.
Extras:
An attempt to plan around a major event to support attendees enjoyment without taking services away from our ability to produce a top quality Rally.

Option one:
Albuquerque Balloon Festival:
Dates: Tentative - Oct 4 -8 2018...check out on the 9th...5 nights
Venue: American RV Resort
Reservations: 75 sites
RV Site Costs: $55.25 night including 15% discount for our group. Regular Balloon Festival Price is $65 night. Off festival price is $36.34.
Event Building: Building on site will hold 137 with table and chair set ups with a flow above that number in the grass ramada in front of the building. For entertainment without the tables and just a chair set up (170 people) so everyone will be comfortable inside based on the plan of 75 sites. Not sure I would want to attempt 100 sites as 200 people in this area may be over crowded and take away from the enjoyment of the event.
Comments:
Balloon Festival is held the first two weekends in Oct every year. Once the Rally dates are set, reservations will be for those dates only. Early and late departures will not be available as the entire city sells out. If you feel 5 nights is not sufficient, suggestions are welcomed. We can make this event longer, I am using 5 nights as a planning guide.
This is a very nice venue, full amenities: pool, laundry, showers, concrete level pads on all sites, all pull thrus, full hook ups, free wifi & Cable, small dog park and children play area. Complimentary Continental Breakfast each morning.
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and the grounds are kept very clean. The Resort is just off I-40, slight traffic noise and approximately 9 miles from the Festival grounds. The Resort will have 3 shuttle busses each morning to take guests to and from the Balloon Festival at a cost of $12 including Admission ticket and $10 for Seniors.

This is the same venue we will be hosting the New Mexico Chapter Rally in May 2016.

Options Two:
Pueblo Colorado -State Fair Grounds
Dates: June 5 - 9 2018...out on the 10th, 5 nights
Venue: Colorado State Fair Grounds
Reservations: 75 - 100 sites
RV Site Costs: $30 night
Events Building: On site and will accommodate our entire group with room to spare. Full stage for entertainment. About a two block walk from the RV Sites to the Events building.
Comments:
This is a very large old and historic facility. It sits on 100 acres with 60 permanent structures. The complex has 113 full hook up sites. The RV full hookup sites are all on blacktop and back in. They have three RV area's and the one used for our Rally is a very large rectangular RV " parking lot" type area holding up to 300 RV's. We will be the only Rally in this area. Part of the center area may be used for Electrical and water but no septic. All full hook up parking will backup next to a block wall behind your RV. So all full hook up sites will run around the outside perimeter of this rectangle with each site 20 ft wide and 40 ft long. Not a real estatically attractive area for RV parking but they have major Rally's all year round here and Good Sam was present with 150 Rigs during the inspection. You tow vehicle will be parked in the center of this area, directly in front of each site. This venue does not offer wifi or cable.
Extras:
Other events in the area during our Rally include the River Walk down town featuring their annual Beer Festival and food court and paddle boat rentals. Walk along the river and taste the different styles of beer and food. Dog friendly Rally environment. Grass areas sprinkled throughout the Fairgrounds.
Fair Ground staff is terrific to work with and willing to assist with any issues.
Of course you have all the site seeing surrounding the Pueblo & Colorado Springs area.

Okay, it is now up to you to express your opinion for our FIRST Mountain Regional Rally.

Mrsfish
09-23-2015, 10:00 PM
Balloon festival!!!!

fredwrichardson
09-23-2015, 10:15 PM
We live in Santa Fe and do the balloon festival every year. The event brings in 200,000 people into a city that has 600,000 so it is is a zoo. The RV park is nice but being 9 miles from Balloon park is a LONG way when traffic is bumper to bumper. We love going but we also love going home at the end of the day for the crowds can make it rough. It is the one place that I am happy NOT to have an RV. We would prefer option 2 for you can spend time actually meeting and getting to spend some with each other.

Doublegranch
09-24-2015, 03:58 PM
The point of this Rally is for the members to get together and enjoy the Rally activities. It is not about the Balloon Festival, that is just an "Extra" Rally attendees have the option to partake should they want. The Rally site will have the events building for us 24/7 and our activities will be held in that building. You do not have to leave the Resort or fight traffic unless that is your pleasure. ALso remember the Resort has a buss that will drive you to and from the Balloon Festival if that is an event you want to experience.
The destination selected will not have any impact on the Rally activities, but the destination will offer other options for you to select from.

Larry&LyndaSmith
09-24-2015, 04:08 PM
Ballon Festival. This a World Class Event. If you have never seen it, It's breathtaking. We were lucky enough to attend it five years ago and would love to do it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jassson007
09-24-2015, 04:58 PM
Not that our vote matters as this is too far out for us to plan for but we would be interested if it was in summer months due to DW being a teacher so in this case CO would be our choice.

Doublegranch
09-24-2015, 05:18 PM
Andy:

You guys always COUNT!!!

jassson007
09-24-2015, 05:41 PM
Andy:

You guys always COUNT!!!

I only said that as we may or may not be able to make it but if we were we could only do trips like this in the summer for now.

TravelTiger
09-24-2015, 10:21 PM
I only said that as we may or may not be able to make it but if we were we could only do trips like this in the summer for now.

X2 here, June can be done, October no way. (Marching band competitions every weekend in Oct.)

gwalter
09-24-2015, 11:16 PM
We are interested in Albuquerque.

JohnD
09-24-2015, 11:41 PM
I might have to flip a coin . . . :o

Doublegranch
09-25-2015, 08:39 AM
John:

That would not be that two headed coin you used last night to frisk everyone?

MTPockets
09-25-2015, 09:00 AM
Ok, my vote is going to be for Pueblo... I like the idea of the more relaxed atmosphere and probably the only group present. There are pluses as well for Albequerque at a different level, but personally lean towards CO. We might be able to more easily add vendors to the schedule to be present during the entire event. Product booths, rig weighing, repair service if allowed on site. Seminars.

TandT
09-25-2015, 11:57 AM
Exactly what Terry said. Trace

Mrsfish
09-25-2015, 07:41 PM
Ok, my vote is going to be for Pueblo... I like the idea of the more relaxed atmosphere and probably the only group present. There are pluses as well for Albequerque at a different level, but personally lean towards CO. We might be able to more easily add vendors to the schedule to be present during the entire event. Product booths, rig weighing, repair service if allowed on site. Seminars.

While I said that I wanted ALB for the balloon festival, I have to admit that I would be fine with pueblo the more I think about it. Could go fishing on the Arkansas!!

Doublegranch
09-25-2015, 09:22 PM
So far the vote numbers are double for Pueblo over ABQ as of this evening....

NorthCal Bob
09-25-2015, 11:54 PM
I think Colorado would be my choice, think it would be more relaxing.

Doublegranch
09-26-2015, 03:52 PM
I just added a poll for the site selection. So far I have taken a hand poll from this thread and emails to me.
The Pueblo numbers are 12 yes, Albuquerque are 8.
Even if you sent me your vote, feel free to add to the poll so everyone may see the numbers.

MTPockets
09-26-2015, 06:55 PM
It took me a few seconds to find the poll, but I did... It's at the top of this page.

Mrsfish
09-26-2015, 10:18 PM
It took me a few seconds to find the poll, but I did... It's at the top of this page.

altitude getting to you Terry? Or has the fireball been passed?

MTPockets
09-26-2015, 10:43 PM
It was Garry's cheesecake recipe from his grandmother. Three pieces in two days - whew.. Those two are leaving Sunday (tomorrow) at 6:00 A.M. !!!

Mrsfish
09-26-2015, 10:56 PM
My husband is an early bird, but I think Garry's a vampire! He never sleeps. Looking forward to seeing you in Camp Verde? safe Travels

JohnD
09-27-2015, 08:50 AM

Was just outside taking sunrise shots a few minutes ago . . . and both Garry and Rick are already gone!

By the way . . . we did have some Fireball going last night . . .

We got it started at our trailer for the poker run last night!

TandT
09-27-2015, 11:15 AM
Wonder what's going on below the table, that is so interesting?? Trace

JohnD
09-27-2015, 08:08 PM
Wonder what's going on below the table, that is so interesting?? Trace

The cards were laid out on the bench seat of the picnic table.

Doublegranch
09-27-2015, 10:00 PM
John:

Guess I am not a poker player either....I had a straight and didn't know it....didn't realize the ACE could be used low...that would have given me a Ace, two, three, four, five.....go figure! This confirms I need to stick with Cows, Wine making and RVng!!!

Shortest Straw
09-27-2015, 10:50 PM
I understand folks choosing pueblo for job and convenience reasons, but this is not by any stretch of the imagination a good place for a rally.

Doublegranch
09-29-2015, 05:34 PM
I just received the final pricing package from The Colorado State Fair Grounds. They have lowered the RV site fees for the Mountain Regional Rally from $30 to $20 per night full hook ups. They will provide one guard from 5 pm to 5 AM each day.

In addition we will have the Stage and Rally room 24/7 during our stay. The venue will provide staff to move tables, chairs etc at no charge for the duration of the Rally. While this isn't an issue for Rally attendees, it is a major cost savings for the Rally Budget.

Keep voting, I still have a paper count of 12 votes for Pueblo and 8 for Albuquerque that were PM's and emails sent prior to the poll. I am unable to add these numbers into the poll, but will add them later.

Doublegranch
09-30-2015, 09:24 AM
We have a total of 40 votes, 28 Pueblo, 12 Albuquerque. This represents 28% of our total Mountain Region, however some votes were from our neighbor chapters. I will leave the poll going for a few more days and then make the Venue commitment and start finalizing our Rally PLANS...
If you haven't participated in the Vote and interested in getting your opinion to count, Vote now! Whichever Venue is selected, I think you will be happy with the activities being planned. The Rally is about HOC Members getting together and having Fun with Like Minded People sharing our Heartland Stories and Rigs! It's not all about the Venue and understand options are limited to get together 150-200 people in one RV Resort.
You have a few days to vote as I need to head up to Camp Verde for the Arizona Rally.

JUST A REMINDER - We want all HOC Members who may participate to VOTE....This Rally is OPEN TO ALL HOC MEMBERS......

JohnD
09-30-2015, 09:39 AM
Can Romeow (pronounced 'Romeo' - the 'w' is silent) vote?

He is sitting here on my lap with his paw on the mousey . . .

Doublegranch
09-30-2015, 09:45 AM
John:

Give it a try and let me know if the cat catches the mouse!

JohnD
09-30-2015, 10:33 AM
John:

Give it a try and let me know if the cat catches the mouse!

Well, as it turns out, Romeow partied too hearty last night . . . so was unable to vote!

Guess I'll have to use my proxy vote! :o

Doublegranch
10-04-2015, 11:08 PM
Two more days before the poll closes....with the email votes the totals as of this evening are:
Pueblo....30
Albuquerque...14

If you haven't voted yet, time is still on your side!!! The voting is open to all HOC Members....

Doublegranch
10-07-2015, 11:32 PM
Final vote results are in:

Pueblo, Co.....31...including email votes
Albuquerque..14...including email votes

Based on your input, I will proceed with securing a contract for the Colorado State Fair Ground for our FIRST Mountain Regional Rally....
This Rally will be posted shortly and hope you will be as excited as I am with some of the activities planned for this Rally....
The creative juices are flowing and if you have some ideas you would like to share, send me an email or PM..
Get ready as I introduce your first RV Rodeo on opening day!

Greengas
10-08-2015, 07:45 AM
My thinkings: The choice is between camping in a paved parking lot, in the middle of a city, surrounded by cement walls, all the spaces are back in, or camping in a full RV park. Yes the RV park is more expensive but you pay for what you get. My choice goes to AZ.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I understand folks choosing pueblo for job and convenience reasons, but this is not by any stretch of the imagination a good place for a rally.

My thoughts exactly. I've been to the Colorado State Fair many many times and it is just not a great place for an RV rally. But, it looks like we lost the vote, so.....

Doublegranch
10-12-2015, 11:03 AM
I understand the concerns from the few that didn't want Pueblo. I was shying away from Arizona as I am still their Chapter Leader as well and did not want anyone to feel I was showing partiality to AZ. Try to understand the places to hold up to 100 RV's is very limited within the 6 states we have to select from. While Arizona has some great RV Resorts, facilities to hold a catered dinner up to 200 people is extremely limited. The Pueblo facility I admitted up front is not the most eye catching in terms of the RV Parking. Give it a chance and we will attempt to turn that environment it into something fun. Kind of like when I am doing leather work and attempt to make a sows ear into a silk purse. I have a lot of ideas and activities planned. The building facilities are extremely nice and will hold our group with room to spare. We have a great stage for live entertainment and the room will hold all our catered events without stepping over each other. The selection was not based on the price for the RV Sites! Price was not an issue in that regard. We need the facilities to accommodate our group activities. Albuquerque would have limited our number of attendees due to facilities. Pueblo will allow the full 100 RV's to attend which is the maximum for a Regional Rally budget. The time spent in and around our planned activities will overshadow the time spent in your RV in the evenings.
With all that said, a contract hasn't been signed and I am still open to your comments and suggestions.

TravelTiger
10-12-2015, 12:39 PM
Gary, although I am sure the folks not thrilled with the location have their reasons, but I want to say this -- if you look at the fairgrounds where HOC holds the National Rally, you might just "poo poo" them as well. Some back onto an active train track! But we don't go to the National rallies for the ambiance, we go to have fun and fellowship with our HOC friends. So I don't think the look of the sites is going to bother me, because I am sure you'll have so much FUN planned there won't be time to worry about the sites.

Doublegranch
10-12-2015, 12:46 PM
Erika:

Great input...Thank you! I agree as we will be so busy with activities, unless you need a nap, bedtime will be the longest period of RV use during the Rally.

Doublegranch
11-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Our Inaugural Regional Rally has been posted...Check out the Rally thread!
Everyone is invited to join the festivities!!!!!!!!!!!