Ceiling fan

jimtoo

That is about normal, very little air movement because it is so close to the ceiling. On my previous unit I made a couple of brackets and dropped the fan about 2" and then took the blades off and tweaked a little more pitch to the blades. It then moved air much better. I did need to make sure of blade position before closing the slides.

Jim M

GOTTOYS

Never use mine. It also vibrates and shakes so bad it's hardly worth the trouble....Don

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Swapped the OEM fan out with a Hunter brand fan from Lowes. Quiet and moves a lot of air. Improves function of AC I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Evans, have you tried reversing the direction of fan rotation?

Peace
Dave

DaveTyler

MTPockets, What size is the Hunter fan you installed? Did you install a light kit also? Interested. Dave

MTPockets

MTPockets, What size is the Hunter fan you installed? Did you install a light kit also? Interested. Dave
I asked if 12 or 110 volt because I was considering getting a new fan. Our's is the factory installed fan which, as others said, isn't very effective.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Evans, have you tried reversing the direction of fan rotation?

Peace
Dave

You beat me to the punch . . . I was going to ask the same question.

We have several ceiling fans in our house, and depending on what time of year it is, we need to switch the direction of the fan!

Plus, we have a 'swamp cooler' on the roof of our house . . . wish we could put one on our trailer!

Our 2015 Heartland Prowler doesn't have a ceiling fan installed . . . but it really needs one!

Will probably put one in soon!

Right now we have a couple of clip-on fans that are placed to give us some air flow . . .

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

If this question is for me----- I bought a Hunter fan sized as close to the OEM as possible. Even so it is either 2-4" larger in diameter plus has a light kit. As I am over 6' tall I opted NOT to lower it so the blades would be below the slide facia when closed. That said I had to modify the mounting framework and electrical box to gain as much height as possible. As it is the fan has to be just so to close the slides so none of the blades get broken.
25b4fe85d55e81486035eb191d41d8fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
That is 1 thing you have to be careful of. Most fans just barely clear the top of the slides as they are. In some of the new models, HL does not install fans because of the height of the slides. Our fan is almost useless but it does move some air. If you want good air movement....buy a tower fan.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have two clip-on fans that live in our Prowler . . .

These fans are great!

We can put them wherever we need them and they move the air the way we need to move it!

MTPockets

Ditto on the tower fan. We have the AM05 Dyson that is a fan or a heater.. We use it year round...

StrongJava

I'm really glad this thread was posted. I was just getting ready to start a similar convo.

In my case (with my 2008 Bighorn) we've managed to break one of the fan blades. I was considering replacing the entire thing so it was good to see Lyle's post. And it was good to see the option about the tower fans. I was also glad to see the option about lowering it just a touch and tweaking the pitch. I might try that option.

But since I have a broken blade, I want to ask if anyone knows where I can get the fan blades? I'm planning a Lowe's run tomorrow.

Tim

I've found they're mostly useless. If it were on a n order sheet, I would not have checked the box.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk