Dometic Refrigerator

jhardin

Dometic refrigerator flashing E4. It flashes on auto or gas. Any idea what I might check ?
Thanks Jerry

rxbristol

I believe that means the DC voltage is out of range. Turn off the fridge for at least 20 seconds and then turn it back on--that may reset the fault indication.

jhardin

Rex, I tried that, no luck. Thanks you for trying to help me.

- - - Updated - - -

Check your battery and power converter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Dan when you say check battery and power converter..... Are you talking voltage? As far as breakers and fuses go , I don't see one marked for refrigerator.

danemayer

The error code is for DC voltage out of range, which usually means voltage has fallen below the minimum needed to run the circuit boards. This can happen pretty quickly if you're boon docking and have no external power; especially if you're running the furnace.

If you're connected to shore power, and the power converter stops working for some reason, as the battery runs down, voltage drops and that could trigger the error.

Press the test button on the control panel and see how many lights illuminate for battery.

If you have auto-leveling, the control panel has a setting that shows the voltage on the 12V DC system.

There is a fuse for the 12V DC supply to the refrigerator, but it could be marked GFCI or Slide or something else.

jhardin

The error code is for DC voltage out of range, which usually means voltage has fallen below the minimum needed to run the circuit boards. This can happen pretty quickly if you're boon docking and have no external power; especially if you're running the furnace.

If you're connected to shore power, and the power converter stops working for some reason, as the battery runs down, voltage drops and that could trigger the error.

Press the test button on the control panel and see how many lights illuminate for battery.

If you have auto-leveling, the control panel has a setting that shows the voltage on the 12V DC system.

There is a fuse for the 12V DC supply to the refrigerator, but it could be marked GFCI or Slide or something else.

Dan it is now showing E3. I am on shore power, no auto leving. Don't have a test button, but I saw somewhere where there is a sequence, like.turn power off, press temp. I'll search for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Light is also off inside refridge

danemayer

You have a control panel that shows water levels in the holding tanks. Part of that display is the battery level. 4 lights means fully charged.

E3 error is more serious and indicates possible overheating of the cooling unit. But if your battery voltage is low, you may be getting all kinds of error codes and malfunctions.

If it's a DC voltage problem, the thermostats, furnace, and air conditioning may also be malfunctioning.

jhardin

Dan, I found the test.
1. F no test result
2. LH. On
3. AC. On4
4. DP. Just flashes no results
5. LP. Just flashes no results

jhardin

I think you may have a 12V DC problem that's showing up first on the refrigerator.

Dan, I started searching the Internet and found this and it worked. Cleared E3 error, light in fridge is working. We are in Lexington Kentucky at Kentucky Horse RV park and I will check for loose wiring tomorrow. I very much appreciate your willingness to help, thanks a million.

On some of these models they will have a high temp cutout that will cut power to the fridge when it trips, I would go to the outside access and look on the round flue cannister for some wires that are connected to a small disc, in the center of the disc is a tiny button, IF you see that gently push in on it. I would also look for any loose wires at the circuit board and verify you have good DC voltage going into the fridge. IF you had low voltage the circuit board might act up. IF the AC and DC voltage is good then I would have a shop take a look the lower circuit board could be at fault...

jhardin

I think you may have a 12V DC problem that's showing up first on the refrigerator.

Dan, here's an update. Refrig. got an E3 code again through the night . Now that I had daylight this morning I found a loose wire. It was the small red wire screwed down with a a larger red wire with the 4 amp fuse attached. I guess when I went out last night I bumped it enough to get working. Thanks again for your help.