Season's winding down.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
One more week and the rig gets pulled back to storage.

11ce89f7152208adc95c46b7f46b9585.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

It's just our camping season that's coming to an end. Got 3 weeks on Sint Maarten lined up in late December and planning a 2 week Scandinavian cruise in mid-June. We don't watch the grass grow

Also have a grand-niece that want me to build her a bookcase this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We are at the Colorado Springs HOC Rally right now, then we finish out the 2016 camping season with the HOC National Rally in Las Vegas, NV in three weeks!

We'll bust out the Prowler in January to attend the Arizona HOC Rally at Lake Havasu, then we put it back to sleep until April, 2017.

JohnDar

What's a "season"......

Sarge

We're "summer-timers," and use our rig in northern Michigan from early May to late September on a seasonal site. Last night, the furnace decided not to answer the thermostat anymore, so we will be ending our season a few days earlier to bring it home and in for repair.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We're "summer-timers," and use our rig in northern Michigan from early May to late September on a seasonal site. Last night, the furnace decided not to answer the thermostat anymore, so we will be ending our season a few days earlier to bring it home and in for repair.

I recently had the old 'furnace fan runs for 30 seconds then shuts off' syndrome.

Turned out to be a loose wire on the sail switch.

Just used it a few minutes ago (we are at the Colorado Springs HOC Rally) and it is now working great.

Yesterday before we left I ran over to Walmart and bought a Pelonis Oil Filled Radiator space heater . . . on sale for $34!

PolonisHeater.jpeg

I've been wanting to get one for a while now.

Here is a link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Oil-Filled-Heater/53017084

It warms up the Prowler's living room and kitchen pretty good.

Got down to 40 degrees here last night and it kept the chill down and the furnace never ran once until I bumped it up this morning just to make sure it was still going to work after the drive here yesterday.

JohnDar

I recently had the old 'furnace fan runs for 30 seconds then shuts off' syndrome.

Turned out to be a loose wire on the sail switch.

Just used it a few minutes ago (we are at the Colorado Springs HOC Rally) and it is now working great.

Yesterday before we left I ran over to Walmart and bought a Pelonis Oil Filled Radiator space heater . . . on sale for $34!

View attachment 47682

I've been wanting to get one for a while now.

Here is a link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Oil-Filled-Heater/53017084

It warms up the Prowler's living room and kitchen pretty good.

Got down to 40 degrees here last night and it kept the chill down and the furnace never ran once until I bumped it up this morning just to make sure it was still going to work after the drive here yesterday.

We've got a Lasko tower heater that does a nice job, too. If we'd gotten really desperate, there's an electric blanket in the underbed storage box. Did make for the throne room seat being a little chilly, though. Just got off the phone with our dealer and will be dropping it off with them on October 5 (date was my choice).

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Sorry to hear that the condo on wheels is going to be put away for awhile. We, even tho still in the work force, still try to use our condo as much as possible. Right now we are living in the Silver Bullet until the job raps up in April, home for 2 months, then off to the national rally and Alaska. Wheels keep on turning.

BLR

We are still waiting for our condo on wheels to be delivered...so we can start camping in style.. (enclosed trailer for the last 5 years)..We should or hopefully have our 4018 Cyclone delivered before our next 4 week venture into the NV deset off roading. .. starting Oct. 9th.. otherwise still enclosed trailer living.... :)

avvidclif

Yep, winterizing down here means taking out the shorts, short sleeved shirts, and sandals. Replacing with jeans, a few long sleeve shirts, socks and tenny runners. GRIN

Maybe a jacket....

Sarge

Thats why I left Wisconsin. I swore not to live anywhere with a chance of freezing to death ever again...

Sarge

JohnDar

I've been to many places around the country, but I still prefer Michigan over all of them. Besides, we get to eat the frozen ones in the spring, after they thaw out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk