Best towing rock-splash gaurd to protect full body paint?

Miltp920

In anticipation of protecting full body paint job, wonder which TV mounted splash gaurd you experienced guys are using / liking to protect your rigs from stones - tar - stuff damaging the front of your 5er? I have a 2016 3500 DRW Denali CC. I saw towtector towing protection on google.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm not a fan of mud flaps so my plan was to use this hitch hula skirt. That way when I'm not towing I can take it off. I would install a receiver hitch on the front of the RV under the Gen to hang it on when I unhook.

Note- I'm not a fan of this either but I hate all of the rock chips on the front of my RV.

http://mudflaps.com/i-23901587-towtector-296-adjustable-premium-brush-system-96-wide.html

M143867528.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
In Texas, it's the law to have mudflaps on DRW, so dealers put them on.

Actually got stopped for not having on our previous (used, from ARK) DRW truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MP_CS

My buddy loves his Rock Tamer hitch mounted guards.. Take them off easily when you're not towing.

Miltp920

I'm not a fan of mud flaps so my plan was to use this hitch hula skirt. That way when I'm not towing I can take it off. I would install a receiver hitch on the front of the RV under the Gen to hang it on when I unhook.

Note- I'm not a fan of this either but I hate all of the rock chips on the front of my RV.

http://mudflaps.com/i-23901587-towtector-296-adjustable-premium-brush-system-96-wide.html

M143867528.jpg

My 3500 DRW came with mud flaps, but I was still getting road splatter on my Toyhauler. I thought I would need to put on something like this picture has as an insurance policy to save the nest one with full body paint. So, I guess, some just use the mud flaps, and some prefer the "hula skirt" guard. I think I will add this "Hula skirt" guard for added protection. Is anyone actually towing with this towtechtor "hula" guard? Did it stop the splatter and stone chips. I saw at least on lady on facebook said her "hula guard" bent and penetrated her front storage door.

- - - Updated - - -

What about applying a 3M clear bra to protect the trailer instead of flaps? Anyone tried it?
We did notice that the 2017 Landmark appeared to have a textured tougher paint in this front lower area by the hitch - generator door. But I want to stop the splatter from getting to this surface in the first place.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

What about applying a 3M clear bra to protect the trailer instead of flaps? Anyone tried it?
That was my first plan but the front of my RV is like a hammered texture so that clear bra material would have air pockets under it and would look horrible really quick.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You have to make sure the hula skirt is not to close to the ground or it will kick up even more rocks and dirt.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk