PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Benson - 4/18/2017 to 4/23/2017

Doublegranch
11-21-2016, 01:42 PM
Hwy 90 South of I -10, Benson, AZ 85602

Venue:
------------------------------

Kartchner Caverns State Park
Hwy 90 South of I -10
Benson, AZ 85602
Garry Gilbert 520 455 0239
https://azstateparks.itinio.com/kartchnercaverns/campground/
Pets ok?: Yes

Details:

Number of sites held: Lower loop - no block space
Register by end of day 4/1/2017
Site fee: $$30 per night.
Club Member Event fee: N/A
Non-Club Member fee: $20
Potluck: YES
Potluck date: April 21
Potluck time: 4:30 PM

Event Leader: Doublegranch(click to contact) (https://heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=16020)

Additional Info:
Arizona Chapter Camp out - Kartchner Caverns..

RESERVATIONS:
click on the park link above and it will take you to the reservations page. or 520 586 2283
To visit one of the largest living Caves in the world, call 520 586 CAVE..
Please note the two loops are very close together, so if you can't get into the lower loop it is not a big deal....Some of the upper loop sites are longer for the larger RV's.

Note: Pull thur sites in red have been reserved by attendees of the camp out:
The park in the lower loop has 7 Pull thru sites, 35,37.40.42,55,57,59 these are all 50 amp service. The remaining sites are all back in and 30 amp. Water & Electric only...dump station is on the way out and very convenient.
Next to site 35 is a community fire ring for the group to hang out in the evenings.
Note the RV sites are very large and with open space between each location. This is a really nice venue!

Activities in the area include:
Arizona Wine Festival in Elgin, about 25 miles away...April 22 & 23. Featuring 20+ Vineyards from around the state. Chilli cook off, food court, bands all day, and fantastic wine tasting.

Tombstone: Visit the Town too tough to Die! Gun fights, shows and lots of entertainment.
http://www.tombstoneweb.com/events.html

Bisbee: Historical town with shopping and open pit and underground mine tours by rail cars.

Please note....I had shoulder surgery on March 3 and need 8 weeks to heal..This event will be pushing me and I am not allowed to lift more than 5 lbs with my shoulder and need a little help lifting heavy objects.
I will be going to physical therapy in Sierra Vista 25 miles away on Tuesday & Thursday at 8 am. I appreciate your understanding and help.

ACTIVITIES WILL BE HELD AT SITE 35

April 18 -Pre -Rally arrival
I have physical therapy at 8:00 am...will arrive around noon.
Free day to tour the area
4:00 PM - Social gathering...site 35
Chapter will provide wood for the fire pit.
..................Margarita Fountain.........

April 19 - Pre Rally Arrival
8 - 9 AM -Coffee bar & Ice Tea & Breakfast Rolls...site 35
Free day to tour the area
4:00 PM - Social gathering...site 35
Chapter will provide wood for the fire pit
.................Margarita Fountain............

April 20....Thursday:
NOTE: With my recent shoulder surgery, I am still undergoing Physical therapy..
My appointment for today is 8:45...I will have the Rat team set up the Coffee bar.
8-9 AM....Coffee bar & Ice Tea.....site 35
Free Morning & Mid day
3..PM....Horseshoe tournament.....anyone have a Set???
4..PM....Social Hour & Bring a snack plate
..........Margarita fountain will be flowing......
Bring your propane fire ring for the evening hour

April 21.....Friday
9:00 AM....Group Breakfast, Sunny's Huachuca City
Home style cooking...not the most modern facility, but good Food!
Free time:
Book a tour of the Cave! What an experience!!!
Tour Tombstone
4:30 pm...Social hour & Pot luck Dinner
...........Margarita Fountain will be Flowing......

April 22....Saturday
8:30 Am.....Pancake breakfast....bring a Side Dish
Chapter will provide Pancakes, butter, syrup & Coffee bar
11:am- 3:30 PM..if interested...AZ Wine Festival in Elgin at Kief Joshua Vineyards & Lunch
4 pm.....Steal a Gift
5 pm......Door prizes, 50/50.

April 23...Sunday
Check out by Noon..
8-9 AM....Coffee bar, Ice tea & breakfast rolls.
Dump station is on the way out from the camp sites

POT LUCK Sign Up:
List what items you will bring for the potluck.
Chapter - Peel and eat shrimp & Cocktail sauce.
..........Margaritas & Fountain..... Coffee bar & Ice Tea
.......Plates, napkins, eating utensils, cups etc.
Ted & Ann - 3 bean salad
Marie & Ernie - green chili enchilada casserole
Jacie - Meat balls
Bud & Sue - potato casserole
Ken & Linda - Pork Roast
Dan & Carol - Baked Beans
Paul & Diana - Shrimp Salad

Breakfast Sign Up:
Chapter - Pancakes, butter, syrup, Coffee bar, plates etc
"Maria" & Ernie - cheese hash brown casserole
Ducky - scrambled eggs and chorizo
Jacie - Fruit Salad

WINE FESTIVAL RSVP: 20...Please have $20 each in cash...I will have the tickets for the Rally and will collect the fee for the Winery. If you don't have cash, you will have to wait in line to pay by cc..they run a few thousand people through this venue over the weekend. They are giving us a $10 per ticket discount!!!!
1..Garry
2..Ernie & Marie
3..Jerry & Karen
4..John & Debi
5..Jim & Jie
6..Jacie & Richard
7..Mike & Dianne
8..Ken & Linda
9..Sue Dusenberry
10. Richard & Paula
11. Dan & Marla

RSVP:
1. Garry Gilbert ...site 35 Arrive 18th...
2. Paul & Diana Quackenbush...Site 47...Arrive 18th.
3. Jim & Jie Arganbright.......Site 37...Arrive 18th
4. Jeanne Cox.....................Site 49..Arrive 19th
5. Sue Dusenberry............Site 51.....Arrive 20th
6. John & Debie MacVie........Site 59....Arrive 17th...depart 25th
7. Anthony & Andrea Finney...Site 40....Arrive 20th
8. Ted & Ann Rissel...............Site 42...Arrive 18th
9. Jacie & Richard Rubenstein..Site 50..Arrive 18th
10. Ken & Linda Thompson......Site 55....Arrive 18th-25th, TX first Heartland Event
11. Mike & Dianne Lane...........Site 1.....Arrive 20th
12. Ernie & Marie Perez..........Site 57....Arrive 17th...
13. Richard & Paula Davila..CA..Site 41....Arrive 20th
14. Hippy & Lisa Lizarraga......Site 2......Arrive
15. Jerry & Karen Paden..Ca.......Site 5.....Arrive April 18th
16. Dan & Carolyn Conaway......Site 4...Arrival April 20th
17. Bud & Sue Linardy...........Site 52....Arrive April 21-24th - New AZ member
18. Gary & Sue Snyder....AZ....Site..47 Arrive April 18 -24th -New AZ member, new Bighorn
19. Dan & Marla Skiles.....AZ...Site 36.Arrive April 18 - 24th...New AZ Members...Bighorn
20. Bryan & Leslie Howard...SOB..Site 3..Guest of Dan & Carol Conaway..Arrive 20th
Change in Plans:
..... Larry & Jane Davidson..Sold home & closed on a new Home & Moving!! CONGRATS
......John & Becci Zumwalt..OR..Site...9..CXLD - 30th Anniversary
.......Ron & Cookie Moen......Site 48....CXLD..
RAT TEAM:
Garry
Jim & Jie
Ernie & Marie
Debi & John
Hippy

awfinney
11-21-2016, 04:57 PM
I made a reservation for space 40.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doublegranch
11-21-2016, 05:05 PM
Thanks Tony....

jwcox
11-21-2016, 05:36 PM
I reserved site 49

Doublegranch
11-21-2016, 06:27 PM
Thanks Jeanne!

Ann&Ted
11-21-2016, 07:13 PM
I just reserved site 42.

Ann&Ted
11-21-2016, 07:44 PM
Howdy again. I read you comment about Helldorado Days. Actually, they are not until October. I am adding the link to Tombstone's event schedule. http://www.tombstoneweb.com/events.html

I believe the Rose Parade used to be in April, but I cannot see it on the website.

- - - Updated - - -

Me again, The Rose Parade and Festival in April 8th. I don't know why they didn't have it on the Tombstone Events Cal.

http://www.tombstonechamber.com/event/rose-tree-parade-and-festival/

The above website has the complete calander of all the events.

Doublegranch
11-21-2016, 09:58 PM
Ted & Ann:

THanks for the correction.....I will copy your post....

Ducky
11-21-2016, 10:06 PM
Garry;
Appears to be up and running now.

Doublegranch
11-21-2016, 10:12 PM
Ducky:

Yep, not sure what happened but it was good about an hour after your last email to me.

raz5ver
11-22-2016, 11:32 AM
Richard and I just reserved site 50. Sounds like a fun few days. Jacie and Richard Rubenstein.

Doublegranch
11-23-2016, 10:00 AM
Jacie: Got you down! Thanks for joining the camp out.

Doublegranch
11-23-2016, 02:33 PM
Sue:

Thanks for the email update. I have you down for site 51....

kthompson57
11-24-2016, 08:20 AM
We just booked space 55. This will be our first Heartland owners get together. We started full time RV April '16 and are excited to meet other Heartland owners. Ken & Linda Thompson.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Doublegranch
11-24-2016, 10:33 AM
Ken & Linda:

Welcome to the Arizona camp out! We are excited to share in your first Heartland Event!
See you soon....

Doublegranch
11-24-2016, 11:37 AM
Debi & John:

THanks for the email....got you down on site 59....
See you soon in Havasu!

Doublegranch
11-26-2016, 11:19 AM
Mike & Dianne:
Thanks for the PM and signing up for this camp out! Looks like we will have a nice turn out for this event.

Doublegranch
01-10-2017, 11:27 PM
Ernie & Marie:
Excited you have finalized your plans will be attending the camp out!
Got you down for site 57! We now have 12 rigs for this camp out!!!!!!

SoCal-PR
01-12-2017, 12:51 AM
SoCal-PR
Made Reservation to attend Space 41
Tks
Richard & Paula

Doublegranch
01-12-2017, 08:52 AM
Richard & Paula:

Excited to have you join the Campout!~ Thanks for signing up....
You are going to love this RV Park. See you soon!

Doublegranch
01-15-2017, 09:37 PM
Wow...we now have 16 rigs for this Camp out... The newest members for the AZ chapter have signed up as well...Remember on our last day at Havasu, the new 2017 Bighorn with temp plates....Guy & Lisa came over this evening and I signed them up as members....Will make the new member post once it has been approved by the HOC.
Exciting! I think we should turn this into a Rally and get the financial benefit for the Chapter! What is your opinion???? We are allowed two each year!
If we make it a Rally, I will need help with lifting things as that will be the last week of my rehab after the shoulder surgery....I am game if your guys want it....

Garry

ZonieLD
01-15-2017, 10:44 PM
Hi Garry, count us in for the campout! We have booked site 2 for 4/20-4/23. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Larry and Jane Davidson

Doublegranch
01-15-2017, 10:50 PM
Larry & Jane:

Got you down! Thanks so much!

Az_Ernie
01-16-2017, 06:54 AM
Wow...we now have 16 rigs for this Camp out... The newest members for the AZ chapter have signed up as well...Remember on our last day at Havasu, the new 2017 Bighorn with temp plates....Guy & Lisa came over this evening and I signed them up as members....Will make the new member post once it has been approved by the HOC.
Exciting! I think we should turn this into a Rally and get the financial benefit for the Chapter! What is your opinion???? We are allowed two each year!
If we make it a Rally, I will need help with lifting things as that will be the last week of my rehab after the shoulder surgery....I am game if your guys want it....

Garry
Turning this into a Rally sounds like a great idea! I wonder what problems would occur if we added a couple of days? Just thinking a couple more days would make it more worthwhile for those coming from out of state. Also would allow more time to add in a few more excursions (winery visit, Tombstone, Bisbee, etc.). Just brainstorming...

We're glad you got Guy and Lisa signed up, I was afraid that we might have scared them off! :)

DebiMac
01-16-2017, 11:31 AM
Yes, Garry! The MacVie's would be very interested in extending and making it a rally! I'm assuming, of course, that we can get our site extended.

Doublegranch
01-16-2017, 08:26 PM
It was suggested at Havasu to have a Potluck Dinner... List what you will be bringing...
I am shown on the first post for: Peel and eat shrimp & Cocktail sauce...but the shrimp will be peeled...
I will also pick up margarita mix and have the Margarita Fountain "FLOWING"...

DebiMac
01-16-2017, 09:18 PM
Hi, Garry...I realize you've barely had time to arrive at home as I'm typing this post. How many days do you think you'll extend the rally (assuming you make it a rally)? We'd like to extend our site reservations as soon as possible. I'm so glad you are doing this! This is a great group & we'd love to spend more time with everyone! Thanks again for all your work! We miss you already here at Havasu!

Doublegranch
01-16-2017, 09:26 PM
Deb:
If the groups decides they want it to be a Rally, lets say Tuesday - Sunday....it won't hurt to book your space anyway and remember the sites are Elec and Water with a dump station. The dump station is close by and very convenient to use, much better than at Havasu...You and Ernie, Marie have responded YES for the Rally....
Let's give it a day and make the decision! I think Jaycee and Richard would go for a Rally as well, saw them on the way out of Havasu.
Got home at 5 pm....the girls would not come in as they wanted to run, play and roll.....they missed the ranch...

Note: it could be an issue for everyone to obtain that space as they have already booked....most rally's are only 3 days so we could stay with that as well....those arriving early would be a pre rally.....

Ron-Cookie
01-16-2017, 09:53 PM
Garry... I signed up for site 48 tonight (4/20 - 4/23)... Hope we can go....

Doublegranch
01-16-2017, 10:01 PM
Ron:
That is Great!!! Can't wait as this is a really nice relaxing venue!!

Ron-Cookie
01-16-2017, 10:28 PM
How many Rallies can a chapter have in one year? Can Heartland only provide assistance with two Rallies? I was hoping for a Rally in the Fall since April is so close to January.. I would go for October... By the way sites 47 & 51 are occupied for the 18 - 20th..

Doublegranch
01-16-2017, 10:37 PM
Ron:

A chapter may have as many Rally's as they want but Heartland will only contribute financially on two per year.
The fall has 3 mountain Rally's in Sept, Montana, Colorado & Utah. I am not sure I will be able to put one together for Oct, so the thought is to make this campout a Rally to secure financial assistance and if we can make another in Oct it will be a campout, if not at least the April event helped put money into the chapter fund.
So far seven want this to be a rally.

Ron-Cookie
01-16-2017, 11:57 PM
Garry.... I signed up for site 48 tonight (4/20 - 4/23) AND (4/18 -4/20) ...

Doublegranch
01-16-2017, 11:59 PM
Wow...you got your site for the extra days...cool

Doublegranch
01-17-2017, 12:10 AM
I will also arrive on the 18th of April....

If you all want a 5 day rally vs 3 days...go to the reservations page on the first posting and book it now.....there appears to be ample room.

Doublegranch
01-17-2017, 12:35 AM
[QUOTE=DebiMac;524991]Hi, Garry...I realize you've barely had time to arrive at home as I'm typing this post. How many days do you think you'll extend the rally (assuming you make it a rally)? We'd like to extend our site reservations as soon as possible. I'm so glad you are doing this! This is a great group & we'd love to spend more time with everyone! Thanks again for all your work! We miss you already here at Havasu!

[Deb: Trying to get everyone to book arriving on the 18th....appears they have this space available...I have booked arrival 18th, Ron & Cookie as well....have sent out PM's to everyone on the list. looks like we will turn this into a Rally vs Campout.....let me know your arrival date.....]

DebiMac
01-17-2017, 10:41 AM
Garry, we were able to extend our site! We will arrive Monday, 4/17 and leave the next Monday, 4/24. Looking forward to another wonderful time with a great leader and great group! Thank you so much for all you do!

Doublegranch
01-17-2017, 11:09 AM
Debi & John:

Thanks got your new dates down.....

Ducky
01-17-2017, 12:50 PM
Garry;

We now have Space 47 from 4/18 - 4/23, will know more tomorrow if we will be able to attend. See Dr tomorrow to see what is happening with my wife and her leg.

Ducky

Mrsfish
01-17-2017, 12:57 PM
Count Rick and I for attending. We will not be staying at the park as we will have already moved our rig to the mountains, but it's a relatively short drive for us to hang out.

Doublegranch
01-17-2017, 01:09 PM
Ann & Rick....Got you down.

Doublegranch
01-17-2017, 01:28 PM
By popular demand from the attendees, we will make this a Rally vs a Camp out.
The posting will be changed to show it as a rally soon.

Terry H
01-17-2017, 06:54 PM
The thread title has been changed to a chapter rally and now appears correctly as a Chapter Rally in the Events Area.

Doublegranch
01-17-2017, 06:57 PM
Thanks Terry! Now all we need is for you to show UP!!!!!!!!!

Djconaway
01-17-2017, 11:18 PM
Garry we will be in campsite 4. Will be there on the 20th.

Terry H
01-17-2017, 11:48 PM
Thanks Terry! Now all we need is for you to show UP!!!!!!!!!

Well, I already have made reservation for the Oklahoma Chapter Rally the same weekend. If I find Scotty in Oklahoma I will have him beam me to Benson!

Doublegranch
01-18-2017, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=Djconaway;525182]Garry we will be in campsite 4. Will be there on the 20th.

[Super! So you got the front landing gear fixed....hope it was an easy fix and not costly. See you at Kartchner....Thanks for signing up.]

Ann&Ted
01-18-2017, 06:06 PM
Howdy Garry, Ann said she will make a 3 bean salad for the potluck.

Djconaway
01-18-2017, 09:25 PM
[QUOTE=Doublegranch;525213][QUOTE=Djconaway;525182]Garry we will be in campsite 4. Will be there on the 20th.

[Super! So you got the front landing gear fixed....hope it was an easy fix and not costly. See you at Kartchner....Thanks for signing up.][/QUOTE
Camper still in shop, new gearbox and motor on order.

Az_Ernie
01-19-2017, 01:01 PM
I will make a green chili enchilada casserole for pot luck . And for breakfast I will make a cheese hash brown casserole. Marie. or to you Gary...MARIA

Doublegranch
01-19-2017, 01:13 PM
Marie:

Thanks and it's like we have two of you! Marie & Maria....wow Ernie you are one lucky man!!!!!

So if I have this correct! Marie will bring the enchilada casserole for pot luck
and Maria will bring cheese hash brown casserole for the breakfast!

Super

Az_Ernie
01-19-2017, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE=Doublegranch;525448]Marie:

Thanks and it's like we have two of you! Marie & Maria....wow Ernie you are one lucky man!!!!!

So if I have this correct! Marie will bring the enchilada casserole for pot luck
and Maria will bring cheese hash brown casserole for the breakfast!

Super

Actually if we want to be politically correct. Maria..the Hispanic girl will bring the Mexican green chili enchilada casserole..And white girl Marie will bring the cheese hash brown casserole. But either way the wife of Ernie is doing the cooking!]

Doublegranch
01-19-2017, 02:31 PM
So noted!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessedfreds
01-19-2017, 04:47 PM
Lisa and I just reserved space five for the week. Looking forward to it.

jimtoo
01-19-2017, 05:23 PM
Lisa and I just reserved space five for the week. Looking forward to it.

Hi Blessedfreds,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here and you are fixing to meet some of them at the rally. Have fun and enjoy your new Heartland unit.

Jim M

Doublegranch
01-19-2017, 05:27 PM
Guy & Lisa:

I am so excited you were able to join us! I promise this one will be a little more "calm" than the last night of Havasu....but I do have to warn you...some of the gang that converged on your rig will be here as well.....THat's a good thing!!!!

See you both soon and let me know if you need anything....

Ducky
01-21-2017, 05:09 PM
Garry;

Put us down for scrambled eggs and chorizo for breakfast.

Paul and Diana

Doublegranch
01-21-2017, 05:10 PM
Ducky:

Thanks! Got you down....
See you soon!

Blessedfreds
01-24-2017, 01:18 PM
Hey Garry, unfortunately Lisa and I have to cancel due to a new family member (puppy). We will be sure to see you at the next rally.

Doublegranch
01-24-2017, 01:38 PM
Guy & Lisa;

Sorry you can't make it..but always know your puppy is welcome~!

Doublegranch
01-27-2017, 07:23 PM
For Rally Attendee's wanting to join in on the Arizona Wine Festival on Saturday from 11 or noon til around 3 pm or so....respond on this thread. Tickets ordered online early are $25, at the door are $35, but for our Rally at the door it will be $20 per person.....Over 20 Arizona Winery's will be at this venue, International Chili cook off and proceeds go to Charity....two bands playing each day, food court, vendors and one Fantastic Facility...
You may bring your dogs but need to be on leash....Kief Joshua Vineyards is the venue for this event...one mile from my ranch. A fitting setting for enjoying the outdoors, surrounded by mountains in the middle of a bowl of grass lands.

Our activities back at the Rally will start at 4 PM so we will cut our visit to a few hours. Some of the AZ Members have visited this event in the past but we have a number of new members and attendees that would thoroughly enjoy experiencing this day! And who doesn't like drinking WINE!!!!

Make you post if you are interested and I will let the winery know an approximate number for our group....

Az_Ernie
01-27-2017, 09:16 PM
Garry,

Marie and I would like to go, please count us in. Thanks!

Doublegranch
01-27-2017, 09:20 PM
Ernie & Marie:

THanks, I will add you to the list.

ZonieLD
01-30-2017, 12:14 PM
For Rally Attendee's wanting to join in on the Arizona Wine Festival on Saturday from 11 or noon til around 3 pm or so....respond on this thread. Tickets ordered online early are $25, at the door are $35, but for our Rally at the door it will be $20 per person.....Over 20 Arizona Winery's will be at this venue, International Chili cook off and proceeds go to Charity....two bands playing each day, food court, vendors and one Fantastic Facility...
You may bring your dogs but need to be on leash....Kief Joshua Vineyards is the venue for this event...one mile from my ranch. A fitting setting for enjoying the outdoors, surrounded by mountains in the middle of a bowl of grass lands.

Our activities back at the Rally will start at 4 PM so we will cut our visit to a few hours. Some of the AZ Members have visited this event in the past but we have a number of new members and attendees that would thoroughly enjoy experiencing this day! And who doesn't like drinking WINE!!!!

Make you post if you are interested and I will let the winery know an approximate number for our group....

Garry and girls, Jane and I would like to attend the wine festival and will pick up our tickets at the door ($20 ea.) Jane may also be contacting you regarding this topic (she's out of town) so disregard one of our contacts. Larry and Jane

Gordonandbetty
01-31-2017, 06:53 PM
Wish we could join you but have another commitment April 21-23. Have a great time

Ducky
02-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Garry;

Please put Diana and I down for the Wine Festival

Paul

Doublegranch
02-02-2017, 09:08 PM
Paul.....thanks for signing up.....Got you down....

kthompson57
02-03-2017, 07:54 AM
Ken & Linda....wine? Oh yeah!! Put us on the list.
Thank you!

Doublegranch
02-03-2017, 08:43 AM
Ken & Linda:

You are in for a real "Treat"....this wine festival is super!
Got you down.

Doublegranch
02-15-2017, 06:47 PM
Disc Brakes!!!!!!
Performance Trailer Braking...aka TitanGuy will be offering a Rally special for anyone who would like disc bakes installed at your site during the Rally! Price is $2250 for 6 lug and $2450 for 8 lug. They have offered to give us a 30 minute seminar on disc brakes one afternoon during the rally. Date is being discussed. If any interest, let me know via a post or email, pm.

Paradise2
02-15-2017, 10:40 PM
Disc Brakes!!!!!!
Performance Trailer Braking...aka TitanGuy will be offering a Rally special for anyone who would like disc bakes installed at your site during the Rally! Price is $2250 for 6 lug and $2450 for 8 lug. They have offered to give us a 30 minute seminar on disc brakes one afternoon during the rally. Date is being discussed. If any interest, let me know via a post or email, pm.

Hubby travels a lot so our travels right now are last minute. Is this rally something we can schedule at the last minute for the weekend? Lynette

Doublegranch
02-16-2017, 10:39 AM
Lynette:

If the park has room which I would think this time of the year a site would be available....you can book anytime...if the park is full there is another RV park just 5 miles down the road Quail Ridge that has space and you can still attend the Rally functions.

Let me know if you are able to attend.

Safe Travels....We need to see that new Big Horn!!!!!!!!!

Doublegranch
02-16-2017, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=Doublegranch;529747]Disc Brakes!!!!!!

[CORRECTION: The Park will not allow any work to be done on RV's at this venue...so the special pricing will carry forward to the Mountain Regional Rally in Pueblo, Co June 5-10 2018....We will hold off on the seminar at Kartchner as well.]

Mrsfish
02-25-2017, 06:54 PM
Sorry guys- we're going to cancel. The granddaughters in up north just tugged on the heart strings and were going to Denver for Easter now. Have a great time and enjoy the wine - it's awesome. And if JJ's pantry is at the wine tasting, get some of her BBQ sauces. They are incredible!

JohnD
02-26-2017, 12:30 AM
Sorry guys- we're going to cancel. The granddaughters in up north just tugged on the heart strings and were going to Denver for Easter now. Have a great time and enjoy the wine - it's awesome. And if JJ's pantry is at the wine tasting, get some of her BBQ sauces. They are incredible!

Let us know when you are in town . . . maybe we can grab a cup of coffee and chat for a little bit!

Mrsfish
02-26-2017, 10:44 AM
Let us know when you are in town . . . maybe we can grab a cup of coffee and chat for a little bit!

you're on John. Their house is right by your work!

JohnD
02-27-2017, 12:11 AM
you're on John. Their house is right by your work!

Cool!

I'll PM my cell phone number!

Doublegranch
03-04-2017, 05:32 PM
Bud & Sue Linardy...Thanks for the email and signing up for this Rally!!!!
Can't wait to meet you both....

Doublegranch
03-07-2017, 10:40 AM
John & Becci:

THanks for the email and Welcome! Let me know what site you reserved.
Safe Travels and I look forward to seeing you both again.

Ann&Ted
03-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Howdy, I just rescheduled our arrival day to the 18th. Still in the site 42. Just wanted to let you know.

Doublegranch
03-07-2017, 09:50 PM
Ted & Ann:

Thanks for the update...changes were made to the first posting...
See you soon!!!!!!!!!!

Doublegranch
03-10-2017, 02:11 PM
John & Becci Zumwalt from the OR Chapter will be joining our Rally and we get to help them celebrate their 30th anniversary!!!!!! Congrats and we can't wait to get the celebration going!

See you guys soon!

Ducky
03-10-2017, 04:19 PM
...and a birthday on the 21st for Diana.....!!

Doublegranch
03-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Looks like the "Wine Festival" will be one big party to celebrate all these "Special" Days!!

Doublegranch
03-14-2017, 11:46 AM
Welcome Gary & Sue Snyder to the Kartchner Cavern Rally!!!!!!
Congrats on your new Bighorn and for your new membership into the Heartland Owners Club!!
Can't wait to meet you guys and once your membership is approved, I will make another posting
on our New Member Thread.

Thank you Paul & Diana for bringing your friends into the Heartland Family!!!!!!

Gsneed
03-14-2017, 09:30 PM
Thanks for adding us to the Benson Rally!
Can't wait to meet everyone...
Please add us to the Wine Festival (if that is not us listed at #11)

Doublegranch
03-14-2017, 09:49 PM
Gary & Sue:

Yes you are number 11 on the list for the Wine Festival...Can't wait to see your new rig and share your first Rally!
Your membership should be approved shortly and we will introduce your to everyone!

jwcox
03-19-2017, 10:58 PM
I will actually arrive on the 19th and I believe I have horse shoes and stakes. Not sure on pot luck or breakfast, but would like to go to the group breakfast.

Doublegranch
03-20-2017, 08:29 AM
Jeanne:
Thanks for the update.
Safe travels.

NewHopians
03-23-2017, 11:19 PM
Garry;
Appears to be up and running now.

Paul:

What model of the Big Horn Traveler do you have? Will see you at the Benson Event. I have site 52. Mine is the 37SS and finally got to take it out. went on a trip to Williams and Page AZ. It did great and no problem pulling it. Even through the snow coming back down the 17 from Flagstaff.

Ducky
03-23-2017, 11:33 PM
Paul:

What model of the Big Horn Traveler do you have? Will see you at the Benson Event. I have site 52. Mine is the 37SS and finally got to take it out. went on a trip to Williams and Page AZ. It did great and no problem pulling it. Even through the snow coming back down the 17 from Flagstaff.

We bought the 32RS and maiden voyage is a week from today to Dead Horse Ranch State Park. Will definitely see you at Bensen Rally, in space 47

Doublegranch
03-26-2017, 05:29 PM
Welcome Dan & Marla...AKA BSers!!!
They are new AZ members and will be attending the Kartchner Cavern Rally as their first Rally.
Can't wait to meet you guys and thank you for your support!!!
Safe Travels......

Doublegranch
03-26-2017, 10:09 PM
This Rally is going to be a lot of fun! We have 4 members on their first HOC Rally,
One member celebrating their 30th anniversary and One Birthday!!!!!!!!!!
Guess this will be a week of celebrations!!!!!!!!
The Margarita machine will be working "OVERTIME"..

Remember the Wine Festival will give us a $10 discount for the rally attendees.
I will have the festival tickets for those who have RSVP. Please bring $20 for each ticket
in the form of cash. If you want to use a CC, you will still get the discount but will have to
go through the line when you enter the festival. In the past years this venue has served several
thousand guests over the two day weekend.....20 vineyards represented....chilli cook off with all the
donations going to charity....food court and two bands playing all day!!!! Some vendors with items for
sale as well....Plus the love and friendship of the HOC Community!!!!! WOW....WHat a day!

DebiMac
04-03-2017, 12:05 PM
This Rally is going to be a lot of fun! We have 4 members on their first HOC Rally,
One member celebrating their 30th anniversary and One Birthday!!!!!!!!!!
Guess this will be a week of celebrations!!!!!!!!
The Margarita machine will be working "OVERTIME"..

Remember the Wine Festival will give us a $10 discount for the rally attendees.
I will have the festival tickets for those who have RSVP. Please bring $20 for each ticket
in the form of cash. If you want to use a CC, you will still get the discount but will have to
go through the line when you enter the festival. In the past years this venue has served several
thousand guests over the two day weekend.....20 vineyards represented....chilli cook off with all the
donations going to charity....food court and two bands playing all day!!!! Some vendors with items for
sale as well....Plus the love and friendship of the HOC Community!!!!! WOW....WHat a day!

Hi, Gary! We'll bring $$ when we arrive! Sign us up for everything! YIPEE! Countdown...!

Doublegranch
04-03-2017, 03:09 PM
John & Debi:
I have you down for the wine festival on Saturday and the group breakfast....
This will be a fun event with new members and HOC members from other chapters.
See you guys soon!

Garry

DebiMac
04-04-2017, 08:52 PM
John & Debi:
I have you down for the wine festival on Saturday and the group breakfast....
This will be a fun event with new members and HOC members from other chapters.
See you guys soon!

Garry

Awesome, Garry! Sounds like fun! Do you want us to bring our Corn Hole game? Do you think it will be used?

Debi & Jmac (John)

Doublegranch
04-04-2017, 09:00 PM
John & Debi:
Wow that would be great....yes bring it....unfortunately I won't be able to use my right arm so will sit out and just laugh at everyone! Jeanne may bring horse shoes but the corn hole is easier to set up.
Thanks.

DebiMac
04-04-2017, 09:57 PM
John & Debi:
Wow that would be great....yes bring it....unfortunately I won't be able to use my right arm so will sit out and just laugh at everyone! Jeanne may bring horse shoes but the corn hole is easier to set up.
Thanks.

You got it! How's the arm doing? Are you feeling better?

jwcox
04-09-2017, 06:28 PM
Are there any golfers going to this rally and would you be interested in playing on a Benson course?

kthompson57
04-11-2017, 11:00 AM
Potluck Ken Linda pork roast

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Djconaway
04-13-2017, 07:59 PM
Put us down for baked beans for pot luck. With do you need for breakfast?

Doublegranch
04-13-2017, 08:01 PM
Dan & Carol:

THank you, got you down for the potluck....
Bring anything you want for the breakfast...I have a list going from those who have responded on the first posting of this thread.

Djconaway
04-13-2017, 08:08 PM
Dan & Carol:

THank you, got you down for the potluck....
Bring anything you want for the breakfast...I have a list going from those who have responded on the first posting of this thread. ok we will come up with something too bring

Ducky
04-14-2017, 09:41 PM
Garry;

Just sent you an email with regards to our plans for Benson.

Paul

Doublegranch
04-14-2017, 09:46 PM
Paul:

Got it and sent you a response! I will make the site change and add your potluck item.
See you soon....

Az_Ernie
04-20-2017, 10:32 AM
While not only our we having a wonderful time on get togethers and touring the area... Our Leader..Garry Gilbert has us all participating in educational seminars. Yesterdays is the test to see which is best toilet tissue to dissolve in our septic tanks after 48 hrs. Results to be announce soon! Marie

- - - Updated - - -

our group .. Ernie and Marie Perez, Debi and John McVie and Sue Dusenberry went to Bisbee and did the mine tour then lunch at Santiago Mexican Cafe. Great Time!

Az_Ernie
04-21-2017, 06:38 PM
Thurs... Heartland group went and visited the Caverns. Very interesting but no pictures allowed. Larry and Jane Davidson treated Ernie and Marie Perez, John and Debi MacVie, Hippy and Lisa Lizarraga and new members.. Ken and Linda Thompson to their Kief -Joshua Winery wine tasting since they werent able to make it to the rally. It was amazing and we all bought wine. Dinner we celebrated Diana's bday with carrot cake. We headed over to Ken and Linda Thompson for outdoor movie night. He had 1953 version of The Long Long Trailer with Lucy and Desi Arnez. We had laughed and related to the movie! Great night!!
Marie

Az_Ernie
04-21-2017, 06:48 PM
Fri... Heartland gathering for breakfast at Sunny D. Great breakfast!!! Garry told us about ghost town in Fairbanks Az. Girls wanted to be cute at the post office and guys just got carried away!!! Names withheld for obvious reasons!

Doublegranch
04-21-2017, 11:32 PM
Well as you can see this isn't a "normal" rally! But then for the Arizona Chapter, what is "normal":

Our Newly appointed "Social Medial Director" AKA: Marie will be posting the results of our scientific study, which includes 5 sample brands of TP....you just won't believe the results...This study was conducted under the watchful eyes of 36 attendees, who all had to put their fingers in the water to confirm the end result.

What a super day today....Started out with a group breakfast at Sunny D's, sight seeing, tasting various liquid refreshments....opening up the Margarita Fountain for the 4th day in a row, followed by the BEST POTLUCK DINNER we have ever had! Another movie night in the desert and a huge thank you to Ken & Linda for sharing their outdoor movie theater! We even had a few SOB's join us this evening!

Tomorrow we start the day with the rat team cooking pancakes and side dishes then off to the Arizona Wine Festival for a few hours and finish up the day with our rally gifts, grand prizes, 50/50 and steal a gift all in one evening...Wow, we are all going to need a vacation after this one!

jimtoo
04-22-2017, 12:00 AM
Well as you can see this isn't a "normal" rally! But then for the Arizona Chapter, what is "normal":

Our Newly appointed "Social Medial Director" AKA: Marie will be posting the results of our scientific study, which includes 5 sample brands of TP....you just won't believe the results...This study was conducted under the watchful eyes of 36 attendees, who all had to put their fingers in the water to confirm the end result.

Now I know AZ rallies are a little different on things you do... some wear chaps and hard hats, dress a little funny, you know a little different from most... but a Toilet Paper study. :confused:. just how scientific could this be with 36 people watching you and having to put their fingers in the water to make sure it was done right???? Come on now. Any pictures of the test?? They may not be allowed to be posted...without prior approval. :)

Jim M

Doublegranch
04-22-2017, 12:08 AM
Sorry to doubt you....but this was a "Highly" scientific study with witness sharing various degrees of attention span due to the Arizona Water! It's very hard in this part of the state!!!!
We do have and will post our findings, both in a written and photo documentation....We all wanted the HOC to understand we just don't party, eat and drink at Rally's but we learn and teach as well....So in our love for sharing, you will soon read our professional unbiased and semi sober findings!

So What's in your Black Tank!

jimtoo
04-22-2017, 12:15 AM
So,, we are to expect wiping and demonstration photos and with verbal instructions?:confused:

Doublegranch
04-22-2017, 12:23 AM
Well....Just know one thing....you all will learn the REAL MEANING of JOHN WAYNE TP!!!!!
Our findings will be published after our brief and well deserved rest at the Arizona Wine Festival tomorrow!
You will simply be amazed and given the best brand of TP to purchase for total product degradation in pure water without using any chemicals...Your Blank Tank and Wallet will be singing praises to the Rally attendees for taking time away from our busy schedule while earning continuing educational credits toward our RV Doctorate!

jimtoo
04-22-2017, 12:31 AM
The RV world is awaiting your findings!!! :)

Az_Ernie
04-22-2017, 08:25 AM
[QUOTE=Az_Ernie;540513]Fri... Heartland gathering for breakfast at Sunny D. Great breakfast!!! Garry told us about ghost town in Fairbanks Az. Girls wanted to be cute at the post office and guys just got carried away!!! Names withheld for obvious reasons! Added the girls photo!

Az_Ernie
04-23-2017, 08:43 AM
Group photo.

MTPockets
04-23-2017, 01:12 PM
Group photo.
That's a great looking group of 28 plus one other guy.... LOL

Doublegranch
04-24-2017, 12:33 AM
Wow! What an incredible Rally!!!!!!!!!!! What started out as a simple camp out and ended up with around 36 attendees was super. Everyone melted into one family and rallied around earning Rally credits towards their RV Doctorate during our Scientific Experiments... Our Media Social Director will publish the Rally findings within the next 24 hours..
PLease note after reading the Rally findings....
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DUPLICATE THESE EXPERIMENTS WITHOUT PROPER RALLY LEADERSHIP IN ATTENDANCE!!!!!!

We will have continuing educations studies at the next Rally in attempt to de Myth the use of Black Tank Chemicals....Yes the attendees are a studious group of people!

So...tonight we end the Rally week....after sharing a Potluck that was far beyond words...what a performance that was laid upon the table! I really think it was the best I have experienced in all my HOC Rally's.
Followed up with the Arizona Wine Festival, a private Wine Tasting for 8 lucky attendees, A Rat Team Pancake breakfast with attendee side dishes that continue to make one's mouth water....a super group breakfast at Sunny D's in Huachuca City and capping off the last night with a Steal a Gift, Prizes for each Rig, Grand Prize drawing and our 50/50 drawing. Oh...should I mention 4 nights of the Margarita Fountain...

Thank you to all Attendees that made this possible! Thank you to the RAT TEAM that worked hard to put the events together and conducted the clean up. And a special thank you for covering my 5 lb limitation while my shoulder continues to heal!....See you guys down the road....in Alto, Ft Collins, Goshen, Red Lodge MT, Mancos and Moab. You all are very Special.

Az_Ernie
04-24-2017, 08:22 AM
Author's Note:

While this document has the expressed permission of Rally Group and Group Leader, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions or actions taken by others in their own experiments when attempting to duplicate these highly technical and time consuming experiments.

Our testing was completed using pure water and samples from individual rolls. Please note, for legal reasons we have no recommendations on the quality of "softness", texture or durability while applying these products to one's "Bottom Posterior End" or their dry break down in one's hand when in use....

Product Testing samples:

One single sheet in 6 oz of pure Arizona Water! Derived from the well where Cochise himself drank.

Sample One: Angel Soft 2 ply...Walmart $2 for 4 pack

Aprox 117 sq feet per roll.

Sample Two: RV TP 1 ply...sold at Camping World, Walmart with the pink coloring on the outside package.

$3 for 4 pack at Walmart and $ 5+ at Camping World..Featuring 40 feet less than sample one.

Sample Three: Costco...2 ply...many years ago the internet stated this was the best TP to use in an RV...Really!!!

Sample Four: Walmart Bulk 2 ply...Really cheap...

Hippy could not ascertain a retail price as he was suffering from either Alcohol poising or lack of sleep or something...we really don't know...he is now fine!! Thank you for asking.

Sample Five: Scott...2 ply...Rated on the internet as one of the best for breaking down in your black tank.

Results:

Winner:

Angel Soft..2 ply...mostly broken down by 24 hours and completely finished by 48 hours. When stirring the water, no strings of TP or large pieces...It was easily mixed into the water when stirred, becoming one with "Nature".

Runner up:

Scotts: First 24 hours, not a lot of change...within 48 hours it was well on it's way to match the winner but would need another 12 - 24 hours to match the winning product.

Products that did nothing:

1. Costco....no break down...was almost the same as the start except it was wet...stayed in one piece.

2. Walmart Bulk....no break down...just lumped into a

large wet mass...

3. RV TP as sold in Camping World & Walmart...

Waste of time...

The Three products as described above that did not meet our criteria for breaking down in the Black Tank were described as "JOHN WAYNE Toilet Paper"....

You might ask what is John Wayne TP.....well to simply put it....it is rough n tough and doesn't take any Sh?T off anyone!!!!!

So the Best Buy is the Angle Soft as purchased at Walmart...at $2 for a 4 pack and getting 40 extra feet vs the RV TP....It completely broke down which would give a reasonable prudent person the opinion that it won't hang up on your Black Tank Probes and create miss readings.

Follow UP:

We will be conducting further Scientific Experiments using Black Tank Chemicals to see which works and which do not....Cost per usage and fastest break down.

Stay tuned as the Arizona Chapter Members continue under the wizardry of our leader toward earning Rally credits towards their RV Doctorate. - Marie

DebiMac
04-24-2017, 09:05 AM
Author's Note:

While this document has the expressed permission of Rally Group and Group Leader, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions or actions taken by others in their own experiments when attempting to duplicate these highly technical and time consuming experiments.

Our testing was completed using pure water and samples from individual rolls. Please note, for legal reasons we have no recommendations on the quality of "softness", texture or durability while applying these products to one's "Bottom Posterior End" or their dry break down in one's hand when in use....

Product Testing samples:

One single sheet in 6 oz of pure Arizona Water! Derived from the well where Cochise himself drank.

Sample One: Angel Soft 2 ply...Walmart $2 for 4 pack

Aprox 117 sq feet per roll.

Sample Two: RV TP 1 ply...sold at Camping World, Walmart with the pink coloring on the outside package.

$3 for 4 pack at Walmart and $ 5+ at Camping World..Featuring 40 feet less than sample one.

Sample Three: Costco...2 ply...many years ago the internet stated this was the best TP to use in an RV...Really!!!

Sample Four: Walmart Bulk 2 ply...Really cheap...

Hippy could not ascertain a retail price as he was suffering from either Alcohol poising or lack of sleep or something...we really don't know...he is now fine!! Thank you for asking.

Sample Five: Scott...2 ply...Rated on the internet as one of the best for breaking down in your black tank.

Results:

Winner:

Angel Soft..2 ply...mostly broken down by 24 hours and completely finished by 48 hours. When stirring the water, no strings of TP or large pieces...It was easily mixed into the water when stirred, becoming one with "Nature".

Runner up:

Scotts: First 24 hours, not a lot of change...within 48 hours it was well on it's way to match the winner but would need another 12 - 24 hours to match the winning product.

Products that did nothing:

1. Costco....no break down...was almost the same as the start except it was wet...stayed in one piece.

2. Walmart Bulk....no break down...just lumped into a

large wet mass...

3. RV TP as sold in Camping World & Walmart...

Waste of time...

The Three products as described above that did not meet our criteria for breaking down in the Black Tank were described as "JOHN WAYNE Toilet Paper"....

You might ask what is John Wayne TP.....well to simply put it....it is rough n tough and doesn't take any Sh?T off anyone!!!!!

So the Best Buy is the Angle Soft as purchased at Walmart...at $2 for a 4 pack and getting 40 extra feet vs the RV TP....It completely broke down which would give a reasonable prudent person the opinion that it won't hang up on your Black Tank Probes and create miss readings.

Follow UP:

We will be conducting further Scientific Experiments using Black Tank Chemicals to see which works and which do not....Cost per usage and fastest break down.

Stay tuned as the Arizona Chapter Members continue under the wizardry of our leader toward earning Rally credits towards their RV Doctorate. - Marie
LOL! Well said! I say we need a run-off contest between the top two winners!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! What an incredible Rally!!!!!!!!!!! What started out as a simple camp out and ended up with around 36 attendees was super. Everyone melted into one family and rallied around earning Rally credits towards their RV Doctorate during our Scientific Experiments... Our Media Social Director will publish the Rally findings within the next 24 hours..
PLease note after reading the Rally findings....
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DUPLICATE THESE EXPERIMENTS WITHOUT PROPER RALLY LEADERSHIP IN ATTENDANCE!!!!!!

We will have continuing educations studies at the next Rally in attempt to de Myth the use of Black Tank Chemicals....Yes the attendees are a studious group of people!

So...tonight we end the Rally week....after sharing a Potluck that was far beyond words...what a performance that was laid upon the table! I really think it was the best I have experienced in all my HOC Rally's.
Followed up with the Arizona Wine Festival, a private Wine Tasting for 8 lucky attendees, A Rat Team Pancake breakfast with attendee side dishes that continue to make one's mouth water....a super group breakfast at Sunny D's in Huachuca City and capping off the last night with a Steal a Gift, Prizes for each Rig, Grand Prize drawing and our 50/50 drawing. Oh...should I mention 4 nights of the Margarita Fountain...

Thank you to all Attendees that made this possible! Thank you to the RAT TEAM that worked hard to put the events together and conducted the clean up. And a special thank you for covering my 5 lb limitation while my shoulder continues to heal!....See you guys down the road....in Alto, Ft Collins, Goshen, Red Lodge MT, Mancos and Moab. You all are very Special.

Gary...We totally agree! This was an amazing rally! Thank you so much for all the work you do! This couldn't have happened without all your planning...and excitement and energy! (And thank you and congratulations to Marie as our Social Media Director!). Loved every minute! Going home exhausted with a huge smile on my face!

Az_Ernie
04-24-2017, 09:28 AM
I apologize...For those of you that doubt this was an actual study class....here is our photo documentation that was difficult to obtain as we had 36 member touching, swirling, holding, etc. Actually there was more interaction with the cups we saw by some members than at the wine tasting!

NewHopians
04-24-2017, 04:24 PM
Wow! What a good time. Sue and I really enjoyed our first Heartland Rally. Met great people and had lots of food. Also learned which TP to use for the RV. Hoping to get to more rally's and enjoy the fellowship. Safe travel and blessings to all until we meet again. Yes Roy Rogers quote. See you all soon.

Doublegranch
04-24-2017, 07:17 PM
Remember to use your Rally code for a Snap Pad discount:
Snap Pad Discount code: Kartchner2017...
For some reason it didn't work on the last day of the Rally but should be currently okay to use!
Let me know if you have any problems.

DebiMac
04-26-2017, 09:52 AM
We are now home, back in CA, and wishing we were still at the rally! It was soooo much fun! Garry, thank you so much for all your effort! The entire rally was superb! It was such fun to meet new people and make new friends. I miss all of you already! Well...it's back to reality. Darn! Stay safe and enjoy the travels! Until next time...

Djconaway
04-26-2017, 06:15 PM
Garry thanks for all the work you do for us.