PDA

View Full Version : RV Lock Black Friday 2016 sale

travelin2
11-23-2016, 09:39 AM
Just received this email. We took advantage of last year's sale. I have to say too they stand behind their product.

http://us12.campaign-archive2.com/?u=bec5362569746fdb397f9e009&id=8fa41234cc&e=34e1538e0e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger
11-23-2016, 11:10 AM
Yep, time to get those slam baggage locks now! ;)

avvidclif
11-23-2016, 12:08 PM
I just called RV Lock and the sale applies to baggage locks also. If, when you order the baggage locks, you give them your key code for the door lock they will make sure all 3 (1 door and 2 slam lock baggage doors) use the same key. You can also program all 3 to the same remote or different remotes for baggage and door.

For those thinking about it 2 baggage door locks would be $215.99 on sale Fri.... Til noon MST

sjandbj
11-23-2016, 12:44 PM
This is the best deal I have seen on them. Much better than the rally deal.

travelin2
11-23-2016, 01:20 PM
I bought the 3.0 ver last year. $99, no tax, free shipping

Oregon_Camper
11-23-2016, 01:42 PM
The 40% off is just what I needed to finally do this. So for ~$144 I can get the lock and remote . Nice!!!

ramdually4100king
11-23-2016, 02:22 PM
That price is still not worth having to replace them every two weeks.

We installed these on the door two weeks later it stoped working. Replaced batteries with no luck. Sent the lock back back and received a replacements. Worked fine for two weeks then stoped working again. Sent back and got my money back.

Nabo
11-23-2016, 02:34 PM
We have had the latest version on our LM for over 2.5 years without any problems, not even having to change the batteries. We have had all three versions on 4 different coaches without any major problems. Would I do it again, yes.

RoadJunkie
11-23-2016, 03:05 PM
We installed these on the door two weeks later it stoped working.

I would say, based on my experience, that it is unusual to completely stop working. Mine is the original 3.0 and can be frustrating in that the code sometimes requires input more than once to open the lock. At one point they modified the design to reduce RF blockage to the handle receiver and that helped. I have never had an issue that was ignored with this company. I will buy a new door handle and 3 latch handles during the sale.

sjandbj
11-23-2016, 03:16 PM
We have had one installed for almost 2 years and have had no problems. I just installed all new baggage handles I got and they also work well and are all key to the same key.

BusManRG
11-23-2016, 03:42 PM
To those of you who have changed out all of your locks....Did you just leave your propane cabinet handle alone since they don't seem to have a matching, not locking latch? And the outdoor TV compartment?

Our BH is in storage and I'm trying to picture our unit and how many of locks we would need.

Sandy

sjandbj
11-23-2016, 04:25 PM
To those of you who have changed out all of your locks....Did you just leave your propane cabinet handle alone since they don't seem to have a matching, not locking latch? And the outdoor TV compartment?

Our BH is in storage and I'm trying to picture our unit and how many of locks we would need.

Sandy

If I recall the propane compartments cannot be locked by regulation. they have to be able to turn off the gas if an emergency happens.

Oregon_Camper
11-23-2016, 04:51 PM
If I recall the propane compartments cannot be locked by regulation. they have to be able to turn off the gas if an emergency happens.

I agree with you, but one of mine locks and one doesn't? Error in factory?

mlpeloquin
11-23-2016, 04:52 PM
That price is still not worth having to replace them every two weeks.

We installed these on the door two weeks later it stoped working. Replaced batteries with no luck. Sent the lock back back and received a replacements. Worked fine for two weeks then stoped working again. Sent back and got my money back.

Ours worked sporadically over eight months and then quit. I called them and I was sent a new receiver board. Since I had it apart, he walked me through removing the old receiver board. I thanked him and hung up. I then examined the two circuit boards that make up the receiver and found a bad solder joint. I fixed it and put the lock back together. I has worked fine ever since. The receiver board they sent was delivered two days later. So I have a spare. A great company that stands behind their product. It almost looks like the two boards are connected/assembled using solder donuts and reflowed. Mass assembly needs closer inspection of these solder joints. The solder joints on the new board are ok, but could be better. This seems to be the week point.

BusManRG
11-23-2016, 10:23 PM

Exactly. So since they don't make a non locking latch handle, did you just leave the old latch handle? The original Heartland latches are a different style, so they wouldn't match. I know I'm a bit OCD, and I'm wondering how it looks with different latch handles near each other?

Sandy

TravelTiger
11-23-2016, 11:29 PM
Exactly. So since they don't make a non locking latch handle, did you just leave the old latch handle? The original Heartland latches are a different style, so they wouldn't match. I know I'm a bit OCD, and I'm wondering how it looks with different latch handles near each other?

Sandy

They don't make a non-locking handle, but they make one that matches the keyless:

https://www.rvlock.com/collections/mechanical-handle/products/mechanical-compartment-handle

jbeletti
11-24-2016, 07:28 PM
I received a message from Cade at RVLock that in a few weeks, they will be launching a handle with no lock - that can be used for the propane doors.

brianlajoie
11-24-2016, 08:44 PM
If, when you order the baggage locks, you give them your key code for the door lock they will make sure all 3 (1 door and 2 slam lock baggage doors) use the same key. You can also program all 3 to the same remote or different remotes for baggage and door.

If you have the door lock, is the key code the number etched on the key? Seems simple enough. Do you need to call in this in or is there a way to put this on an on line order?

KenandKK
11-25-2016, 09:04 AM
Just ordered mine.....super deal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SNOKING
11-25-2016, 09:36 AM
Ordered mine just after midnight this morning. At 40% off, could not turn the deal down as we had been talking about getting on.

Do they just give you a random key number selection? Can the lock cylinders from the current lock fit the new one?

Chris

DavidCraker
11-25-2016, 09:46 AM
Ordered mine, can't beat the price.

LBR
11-25-2016, 12:09 PM
Ordered 4 locks for our CY too...

TravelTiger
11-25-2016, 01:32 PM
Placed my order this morning for the slam baggage locks. Can't wait to be key - free!

BusManRG
11-25-2016, 02:36 PM
I received a message from Cade at RVLock that in a few weeks, they will be launching a handle with no lock - that can be used for the propane doors.
I just called about this Wednesday! They didn't mention it...😕 We decided to wait a while or go with the global key to keep everything matching. Guess I'll just have to wait until next year since we missed the 40% and get the backup camera now. It was going to be one or the other for Christmas.

Sandy

Oregon_Camper
11-25-2016, 05:27 PM
I just called about this Wednesday! They didn't mention it...😕 We decided to wait a while or go with the global key to keep everything matching. Guess I'll just have to wait until next year since we missed the 40% and get the backup camera now. It was going to be one or the other for Christmas.

Sandy

It is still 30% off through midnight tonight (Friday)

RVLockSupport
11-25-2016, 05:30 PM
I just called about this Wednesday! They didn't mention it...�� We decided to wait a while or go with the global key to keep everything matching. Guess I'll just have to wait until next year since we missed the 40% and get the backup camera now. It was going to be one or the other for Christmas.

Sandy

Just confirming Jim Beletti's reply, we will be launching a matching non-cylinder compartment handle for propane doors within the next 30 days. It will co-ordinate with our other products and can be ordered separate from your Black Friday Sale items. I apologize that my team did not give you that info. on Wednesday. Also, don't forget that you can still get a 30% discount until Midnight (https://heartlandowners.org/x-apple-data-detectors://3) and a 20% discount on your entire RVLock order through Cyber Monday should you choose to order. Have a great day!!

Gary521
11-26-2016, 12:14 PM
RVLOCKSANDMORE has keyed slam locks for about $15 each (they are all keyed alike and have the same key as the door). You still have to carry a key but no RF interference and no batteries. With the RVLocks, I think you still have to carry a key FOB --HMMM!!?? Just a thought!

danemayer
11-26-2016, 12:24 PM
RVLOCKSANDMORE has keyed slam locks for about $15 each (they are all keyed alike and have the same key as the door). You still have to carry a key but no RF interference and no batteries. With the RVLocks, I think you still have to carry a key FOB --HMMM!!?? Just a thought!
When I was young, I had to open car doors and the trunk with 2 different keys.

I think one day, I got a car where the same key opened everything. Much better.

Then I got a car that had a FOB that opened the doors and trunk. Wow! Yes there was a little backup key tucked into the FOB, but I never had to use it. And I never wanted to use the key.

Then came the day where all I had to do was carry the FOB in my pocket and the car sensed it and opened any door or hatchback to my touch.

But then came the day where on the next car the driver's door opened to my touch, but the passenger door and hatchback required the FOB. I was very annoyed to have to go backwards. Yes I could have gotten the model where they all opened to my touch, but they wanted $3,000 more for that model. Pass.

Now both the truck and the car open to my touch as long as I have the FOB in my pocket. I'm very used to it.

The RV Lock on our Landmark entry door opens via FOB, keybad, or key. DW uses the keypad. I prefer the FOB and carry a key as backup. And when the day comes where the lock senses the FOB and opens to my touch, I'll get the next RV Lock.

Is it inconvenient to carry a FOB? LOL! Not for me.

TravelTiger
11-27-2016, 11:13 AM
We use the keypad for our RvLock, and had combination locks on our previous trailer, so we were used to "keyless". Now with new BC, we had to go back to keys for the slam latch doors. (We put combination locks again on the front compartment, which had the twist lock style.)

It's been driving us crazy to use a key for the slam latch doors.... so I am super thrilled to get our keyless latches! We will use the keypad and not worry with keys or fobs.

Gary521
11-27-2016, 11:17 AM
There have been comments made in the past that with the RVLock system there is no longer a need to carry a key around. I could not see the difference between carrying a key or carrying a key FOB. My post was a little tongue in cheek. There is a fair difference in cost between the key FOB slam locks and keyed slam locks but that is what you want - do it.

Oregon_Camper
11-27-2016, 02:03 PM

Not really....you can use any of the 3 options....keypad, key or FOB. Picture below is for "slam latch", but the door lock is the same.

TravelTiger
11-27-2016, 08:15 PM
No key or fob here. We use the keypad exclusively.

JWalker
11-27-2016, 08:23 PM
No key or fob here. We use the keypad exclusively.

Same. Can't tell you the last time we used the fob.

TravelTiger
11-27-2016, 08:26 PM
Loved our rv lock so much, we swapped it from the ElkRidge we traded in, to the new Big Country, as the last thing we did before handing over the ER and taking the BC off the lot.

Gary521
11-28-2016, 11:11 AM
I did not put enough thought into my comments about the keys or the key FOB. I forgot about the touch pad on the locks. So there might be some convenience to the system in some situations where you go someplace without taking your keys with the key FOB attached. Like going to the pool with your towel or walking the dog with the leash.

If you do take your keys or key FOB with you, then there is some convenience ( perhaps ) to not taking your keys ( key FOB ) out of your pocket or purse to unlock the door.

avvidclif
11-28-2016, 11:33 AM
I've never used the key or fob except to make sure they work. The keypad is all we use. A spare key is kept in the TV for an emergency but that's all. It makes it so easy to close just the door and punch in the code. No fumbling for anything. Our last RV had the keypad lock and that's one of the first things we added to this one.

SLO
11-28-2016, 11:55 AM
If you have an early v4 lock as we do (bought 5/15). The new locks cannot be keyed the same as our 1 1/2 year old lock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travelin2
11-28-2016, 01:28 PM
I've never used the key or fob except to make sure they work. The keypad is all we use. A spare key is kept in the TV for an emergency but that's all. It makes it so easy to close just the door and punch in the code. No fumbling for anything. Our last RV had the keypad lock and that's one of the first things we added to this one.

Same here. The SD has a touch pad lock too so very seldom do I have keys in my pocket.

sjandbj
11-28-2016, 01:28 PM
If you have an early v4 lock as we do (bought 5/15). The new locks cannot be keyed the same as our 1 1/2 year old lock.

It is true that they cannot be keyed the same but they will send you new cylinders for the older handle so you can change them. This way they will all have the same key. Changing the cylinders is a very easy thing to do and it comes with instructions. :). I had to do this when I changed the baggage handles two weeks ago.

Steve

SLO
11-28-2016, 07:12 PM
It is true that they cannot be keyed the same but they will send you new cylinders for the older handle so you can change them. This way they will all have the same key. Changing the cylinders is a very easy thing to do and it comes with instructions. :). I had to do this when I changed the baggage handles two weeks ago.

Steve

I called them today and was told the dead bolt cylinder cannot be changed on my early v4 entry lock. I guess I'll have to call again and talk to someone else if this is true. I canceled my order because I was told I could not get them keyed alike unless I bought a new entry lock.

SNOKING
12-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Installed our new RV Lock today. Had to expand the hole a bit on the front edge to get into the door. Appears to be working well. Just wish it could be locked without inputting in the code or pushing lock twice or three times to lock it. Chris

Oregon_Camper
12-03-2016, 12:32 AM
Mine arrived today...:)

Will be installing in 2 weeks, when we take a weekend trip.

jbeletti
12-03-2016, 12:41 AM
Installed our new RV Lock today. Had to expand the hole a bit on the front edge to get into the door. Appears to be working well. Just wish it could be locked without inputting in the code or pushing lock twice or three times to lock it. Chris

The process I use to lock with the FOB is to press and hold the Lock icon for 1 second. I also hold it up in the air to increase range - especially if I'm unlocking the door as I am getting out of the truck.

LBR
12-03-2016, 01:09 AM
Our 4 locks may be in the mailbox and we're not home....lol

Oregon_Camper
12-03-2016, 03:42 AM
The process I use to lock with the FOB is to press and hold the Lock icon for 1 second. I also hold it up in the air to increase range - especially if I'm unlocking the door as I am getting out of the truck.

If you have a full water bottle you can point the remote through the bottle and you'll just about double your range.

You can also use your head to increase the range. Yea, this really works, but I'm not a fan of pointing a remote to my head just to increase the distance as a default method (but fun to try). Of course the commonality here is water....just try it. :)

I know this works with all the remotes for my cars....just got my trailer lock/remote so I have not tried it, but the remote frequencies all basically the same, so it should work as well.

danemayer
12-03-2016, 08:31 AM
Appears to be working well. Just wish it could be locked without inputting in the code or pushing lock twice or three times to lock it. Chris

Chris,

Of course you could use the FOB instead of the keypad, but if you have to press the Lock button several times after keying in the code, you may have a bad keypad. You should call RVLock to get their opinion.

mlpeloquin
12-03-2016, 01:54 PM
Jim is correct. You have to hold the button down for a least a second. If you are close enough you can hear the motor in the lock assembly run.

RoadJunkie
12-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Got mine yesterday...Hope they work after this packing job. The door handle was out of it's bubble wrap and free to fly! Not my usual experience with RV Lock.

SNOKING
12-03-2016, 09:41 PM
Chris,

Of course you could use the FOB instead of the keypad, but if you have to press the Lock button several times after keying in the code, you may have a bad keypad. You should call RVLock to get their opinion.

I think you misunderstood me. It works fine it you put in the security code a push the lock button. It just would be easier to lock if you did not have to put the code in to lock it. My suggestion was to maybe make it so you push just the lock button to lock the trailer vs the code and lock. We have the FOB in the truck and parked next the door side it works fine from the truck. Chris

jbeletti
12-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Got mine yesterday...Hope they work after this packing job. The door handle was out of it's bubble wrap and free to fly! Not my usual experience with RV Lock.

Len - I passed your comment and picture onto the owner of RV Lock. He sends his apologies for the packaging and gives his pledge to make-it-right if there's any damage. Seems that sales are up - such that they had to hire some temp help to keep up and that may have something to do with the iffy packaging. Thanks for sharing your matter. Feedback like this is how they will get better :)

RoadJunkie
12-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Thanks Jim, last order was delivered in individuality packaged boxes...quite a surprise to get this box full of unrestrained units. Almost $600.00 worth of product and I hope they work...Installing them soon.

TravelTiger
12-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Still waiting on ours... scheduled for Wednesday delivery!

TravelTiger
12-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Well, the baggage locks came today, but they are not keyed alike to my front door as I had requested via the website.

Sent a reply to their email notification they were delivered, explaining as such -- it said reply to the email if you have questions.

Can they be re-keyed ourselves, or will RVLock need to send another set of baggage locks? (or if easier, a new front door lock?)

Erika

brianlajoie
12-06-2016, 02:12 PM
Even though I bought my door lock about a year ago, RVLock could not match my door lock to my baggage locks. I called and talked to them about is a week ago. My baggage locks arrived today too.

sjandbj
12-06-2016, 05:57 PM
Well, the baggage locks came today, but they are not keyed alike to my front door as I had requested via the website.

Sent a reply to their email notification they were delivered, explaining as such -- it said reply to the email if you have questions.

Can they be re-keyed ourselves, or will RVLock need to send another set of baggage locks? (or if easier, a new front door lock?)

Erika

I had the same problem. After talking to RV lock they sent me the locks to replace my front door tumblers to match the baggage locks. it took me about 30 minutes to disassemble the front door handle and change the locks. Now everyone matches.

Steve

TravelTiger
12-06-2016, 06:17 PM
I had the same problem. After talking to RV lock they sent me the locks to replace my front door tumblers to match the baggage locks. it took me about 30 minutes to disassemble the front door handle and change the locks. Now everyone matches.

Steve

Ok, this is what I wanted to hear. I'll call them tomorrow.

RVLockSupport
12-06-2016, 06:25 PM

Erika

Hi Erika and thank you for your post. As we focus first on security and then convenience as a close second, we do change our key combinations frequently. For this purpose, if same key throughout is required, we recommend purchasing all handles at the same time, this way we can guarantee that all will be keyed the same. As our next focus is convenience, all wireless remote operations / keypad operations, will always be able to sync together to all RVLock products. However, depending on when you purchased your existing handles that you are wanting to match and their particular number to be matched, we may not have the ability to do so. As the physical keys in keyless applications are meant for preventative back-up operations, we hope that the excitement of having two keys to over-ride all handles versus just one can be dismissed, (as it is a much better solution than a bunch of 751 keys or even worse, a half of dozen different key numbers). We do try in all applications possible to match up what we can and appreciate everyone's patience in doing so. Thank you so much for your understanding and the support of the Heartland Group!!

TravelTiger
12-06-2016, 09:19 PM
Hi Erika and thank you for your post. As we focus first on security and then convenience as a close second, we do change our key combinations frequently. For this purpose, if same key throughout is required, we recommend purchasing all handles at the same time, this way we can guarantee that all will be keyed the same. As our next focus is convenience, all wireless remote operations / keypad operations, will always be able to sync together to all RVLock products. However, depending on when you purchased your existing handles that you are wanting to match and their particular number to be matched, we may not have the ability to do so. As the physical keys in keyless applications are meant for preventative back-up operations, we hope that the excitement of having two keys to over-ride all handles versus just one can be dismissed, (as it is a much better solution than a bunch of 751 keys or even worse, a half of dozen different key numbers). We do try in all applications possible to match up what we can and appreciate everyone's patience in doing so. Thank you so much for your understanding and the support of the Heartland Group!!

Thanks for the detailed response, we will hardly ever use the keys, that is true!!! It's not a problem that they won't match.

I like the fact that it is possible though, for those that buy both at the same time.

We can't wait to get them installed!

TravelTiger
12-10-2016, 01:28 PM
We realized our RVLock slam latch shipment did not come with any instructions. Can someone post or send?

Oregon_Camper
12-10-2016, 01:48 PM
We realized our RVLock slam latch shipment did not come with any instructions. Can someone post or send?

https://www.rvlock.com/pages/installation

TravelTiger
12-10-2016, 03:26 PM
https://www.rvlock.com/pages/installation

Yes I've seen that but it's not for the slam latch style.

TravelTiger
12-11-2016, 02:12 PM
Yes I've seen that but it's not for the slam latch style.

We figured it out! However, we have a problem that the locks do not cover the opening in the door. Will call RVLock Monday and see what the solution is. -- I know Jerrod (Jesstalkn) had to do some mods to his to get them to fit, but we don't have those kind of tools available to us.

travelin2
12-11-2016, 03:31 PM
We figured it out! However, we have a problem that the locks do not cover the opening in the door. Will call RVLock Monday and see what the solution is. -- I know Jerrod (Jesstalkn) had to do some mods to his to get them to fit, but we don't have those kind of tools available to us.

I'm pretty sure RV Lock has a cover plate to remedy the situation

Oregon_Camper
12-11-2016, 04:38 PM
We figured it out!......

Did you make a video of the solution? If so, post to YouTube...guessing you'd get a lot of hits. :)

TravelTiger
12-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Did you make a video of the solution? If so, post to YouTube...guessing you'd get a lot of hits. :)

We figured out how to install based on Jesstalkn's post. And we figured out that we have the same problem with the handle not covering the opening. Jarod mad modifications to his backing plate with a drill press and belt sander, which is more than we want to take on (don't have tools, time or workspace to do this). We will call RV Lock and hopefully get new backer plates if they've made adjustments, or get the decal to cover the holes. We have one installed but it does push the door out a bit from the frame. No pics or video.

TravelTiger
12-12-2016, 01:08 PM
RV lock is sending us some spacers and vinyl gaskets to solve our issue! I'll post pics of the final install.

SNOKING
01-26-2017, 09:13 PM
Any chance the HomeLink it our 2015 RAM can be programmed to our RVlock? Chris